Resist Curse

    Share
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Resist Curse

    Post by Rynn on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:10 am

    http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Resist+Curse
    This is NOT what that damn spell does.
    Resist Curse allows you to cast a spell that consumes 1 humanity to remove curse effects from your character. It does not reduce buildup or increase curse resistance.

    Someone fix it, this has been driving me nuts.
    avatar
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

    Posts : 1125
    Reputation : 240
    Join date : 2012-01-16

    Re: Resist Curse

    Post by ublug on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:19 pm

    *fixed*

    You could also join the wiki and edit it yourself winking

    And what's the point of 4 casts if it doesn't remove buildup? Once you get cursed you die, and the casts reset. That's like having 4 casts of the homeward miracle. Or will it cure buildup as well?
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Resist Curse

    Post by Rynn on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:49 pm

    ublug wrote:*fixed*

    You could also join the wiki and edit it yourself winking

    And what's the point of 4 casts if it doesn't remove buildup? Once you get cursed you die, and the casts reset. That's like having 4 casts of the homeward miracle. Or will it cure buildup as well?
    I'm not sure what is wrong with this PoS really. You can't use it's spell if you're not cursed.
    avatar
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

    Posts : 1125
    Reputation : 240
    Join date : 2012-01-16

    Re: Resist Curse

    Post by ublug on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:54 pm

    Rynn wrote:I'm not sure what is wrong with this PoS really. You can't use it's spell if you're not cursed.
    Like not able to cast, or greyed out?
    I have never even equipped this spell, but still buy it every time I talk to Ingward...


    Also moved it to wiki section.

    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5753
    Reputation : 193
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Resist Curse

    Post by User on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:28 am

    Perhaps it can be used for the previous curse stacking that was there before the patch. That, and it could be used for not just the player, perhaps.

    I have not looked into it much, unlike many more spells. Would like to see what it can do. Does not make sense for the three other magic casts it has, when you have four. Perhaps Remedy can help with this.
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Resist Curse

    Post by Rynn on Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:11 am

    ublug wrote:
    Rynn wrote:I'm not sure what is wrong with this PoS really. You can't use it's spell if you're not cursed.
    Like not able to cast, or greyed out?
    I have never even equipped this spell, but still buy it every time I talk to Ingward...


    Also moved it to wiki section.
    It becomes greyed out if you are not cursed.
    avatar
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

    Posts : 1125
    Reputation : 240
    Join date : 2012-01-16

    Re: Resist Curse

    Post by ublug on Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:23 pm

    Rynn wrote:It becomes greyed out if you are not cursed.
    Thanks, added that to the wiki as well.
    avatar
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

    Posts : 1125
    Reputation : 240
    Join date : 2012-01-16

    Re: Resist Curse

    Post by ublug on Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:24 pm

    Well, I just tried the spell and it did not cure curse, it only removed the buildup. It was not greyed out either, I could cast it at any time. My character had 16 int.

    I also tried the Sanctus against the frogs. As long as I stayed in front and blocked, it completely negated the buildup, even if I stood in the middle of the mist. They could still curse me from behind though.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Resist Curse

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:50 am