Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
billy_bayonet
Gazman0169
6 posters

Invading by the Garden bonfire...

Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Invading by the Garden bonfire... Empty Invading by the Garden bonfire...

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:51 pm

So there I was this morning invading by the Garden bonfire, when I find myself in a Host world where the Host proceeds to summon help from a tank of a white phantom. Not wishing to shy away from a fight, I decide to take them both on in the area near the dead body that holds the first item drop in the area if you're coming from the direction of the Parish, and I wasn't doing too badly when I, being the undeniable dipstick that I am, then decided to do a less than graceful roll off the edge. Expecting nothing but death, you can imagine how pleasantly surprised I was to not only have survived the fall relatively intact but to then find myself with the clear upper-hand, as it soon became apparent to me that both the Host and the Phantom didn't have a Scooby as to what was going on. big grin

So being a devious little Darkwraith I then made my way up to the Wolf Ring ledge, and from there proceeded to take pot-shots at both the Host and the Phantom with Poison Arrows from my +5 Lightening Compound bow. twisted

Before long, both the Host and the Phantom cottoned on how to get to me, and that's when I rolled off the ledge back to the mainland so to speak. To my utter delight the Phantom tried to do likewise, but ended up mistiming the roll resulting in a death plummet to the area below, leaving the Host and myself roles reversed taking pot-shots at one-another once again. lol

Unfortunately, my luck run out a short while later, or rather my stupidity took over. Being way over-confident I foolishly forgot to keep an eye on my HP bar (in my defense I was very close to being late for work by that time), and even though the Host's was just as low as mine he/she beat me to the punch sending me back to my world with my forked tail firmly between my legs. :evil:

Admittedly it wasn't a complete success, but it was a lot of fun whilst it lasted! big grin
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Invading by the Garden bonfire... Empty Re: Invading by the Garden bonfire...

Post by billy_bayonet Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:55 pm

You should check out The Darkstalkers if you like Invading, plus you get access to quite a few perks once you increase your corruption check the link in my Sig
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:59 pm

Damn advertisers....
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:02 pm

Whats wrong with offering someone a chance to have a look at joining a group of people dedicated to invading?
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:01 am

Love Darkstalking. Can we move it to Demon Ruins next? Tons of action there, dude. And there's pretty decent variety. You got your duellers, your PvE squads, PvP gank squads, newbs, noobs, the occasional good player, sweet environment to take advantage of, and you spawn in to the perfect divebomb attack spot. Let's do it, holmes.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:18 am

Awesome after anor londo we shall move to the demon ruins if its as sweet as you say it is!
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:59 pm

grear post, op, except id say it was a complete success since the invader died.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:29 pm

why a +5 lightning compund bow? theres no lightning arrows... the fire chaos path with fire arrows can do A LOT more damage big grin
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:30 pm

i dont think ehs learned about split damage yet
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:52 pm

But a little tip wont hurt big grin
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:11 am

@Billy- I have, it's just that I haven't got to Vamos with this toon yet (I've ended up being more than a little side-tracked with FC PvP big grin ), and so as Chaos is not available I thought I'd create a Lightning one. In all honesty I only did it for aesthetic reasons (I like the thought of having a lightning bow in my arsenal), and so I really couldn't care less what damage the thing does. At any rate, when I become bored with the current upgrade it's an easy enough task to revert the bow back to a +10 status, enabling me to then upgrade it further in whatever direction I see fit. Remember, I do not mind farming, and so whilst it might seem like a waste of valuable upgrades to some, to me it's just another excuse to go shopping! lol

@Pesth- Thanks for the tip, but I already knew that Chaos was stronger, still it doesn't hurt to be reminded of this from time to time. twisted
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:27 pm

hum.... it's because you could save a lot of titanite chunks... but anyway the fire path just need to have a +5 normal path weapon so is two different " downgrades" (does this word even exist?) lol!
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:32 am

@Pesth- Not a problem seeing as that I've got more chunks than I am ever likely to spend, which I accumulated farming for slabs in New Londo a week or so back. 196 at the last count. big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 am