Gravesworn - Servants of the First

DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Re: Gravesworn - Servants of the First

Post by DxV04 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:35 pm

Brokewilly wrote:
    Federally wrote:
    Vadislov wrote:Oh! Where is this "Moon pit?" I would love to invade more people.

the area on the way to the butterfly, with the stone guardians and tree ents.

@Federally - I have been wanting to ask a question about the actual creation of BPs resulting from a successful curse. We know not every host's world (max 3 right??) is cursed when a GL activates one (1) EoD and we now know BPs instantly spawn if a curse is successful. But what is the actual trigger for a curse to "take hold" and BPs to be spawned? Is the potency (or likelihood) of a curse actually spawning BPs (i.e. a successful curse) in one or more of the worlds increased if multiple GLs (more than 1) are actively gravelording in the same area?

Trying to get a better understanding of the curse mechanics.

You and all the gravelord servants want to know.
    I feel kinda wierd answering since you asked Federally.

1. Dark Souls divides players into 32 player lobbies. Apparently the sign appears to all 32 players but only 3 get cursed. There is no way to know if 3 in that 32 player lobby have actually been cursed.

2. During my early day of testing when I had access to another console in my house. I tried to curse the other xbox character. I managed to get the sign to appear on my target's world. So I hid my gravelord so he would not be invaded.

I took my curse target and ran all up and down the drake bridge and the parish and not BPs. As I was running back to where I hid the gravelord to see if the sign was still there I got the "Disasters are gone" message.

I figured someone invaded my gravelord and killed him. So I ran to the other room and guess what. My gravelord had not died!!!! :shock:
    But the sign no longer was in the curse target's world. :shock:

3. Before I left to North Dakota I helped the following friend and this is what we discovered. I take this now as gravelording law.

A few days ago DarknessxVega was wonderful enough to stop by my Undead Burg to Gravelord me with the intention of getting Gravelord Black Phantoms, and the secondary intention of attempting to intentionally Perma-Gravelord my game.

Our attmept at getting Black Phantoms was immediately successful on the first attempt, and we (at least I) learned a few interesting thigs in the successive attempts to curse me again and make them permanent.

As you may know gravelords will infect multiple worlds when they drop an eye of death. The people infected will be the ones located the same lobby as the gravelord. Of these only one or a few will actually be affected by Black Phantoms, while many more will be able to see the Gravelord's sign though their world is otherwise unaffected.

DarknessxVega loaded up Dark Souls and then had me red soap stone into his world. He killed me and then immediately dropped an eye of death. By doing so he ensured we were in the same lobby. Maybe because I was one of the first people he connected with since starting the game, or maybe because of luck, on my return to my world the Black Phantoms generated within half a minute or so (and killed me as I was writing a message).

Now that I had the black phantoms in my world it was time to try to make them permanent. The idea behind perma-gravelording is that you sever the connection between you and the gravelord so that the victim never gets the "Disasters are Gone After the Defeat of the Gravelord Servant" message, and therefore the curse is unable to end.

I dashboarded out and then returned to the game after DarknessxVega had finished gravelording. I loaded up my character and was immediately greeted with Black Phantoms despite the gravelord no longer being active.

I white soap stone summoned DarknessxVega into my world to run though my Burg to play with the black phantoms. About half a minute after DarknessxVega's death I got a "Disasters are Gone" message and the black phantoms were gone upon spawning at the bonfire. Whether this message had appeared due to Vega's death, or whether I had been coincidentally cursed by someone else is unclear.

DarknessxVega had dropped an eye of death and started Gravelording immediately after dying, and in the brief period before I got the "Disasters are Gone" message. Using the dried finger after I walked out into the Burg from the bonfire immediately caused the Black Phantoms to come into existence. It seems the Black Phantoms operate on an invasion timer, and won't appear until it has run out or been reset.

We then set out to see if Perma-Gravelroding was possible from the gravelord's as well as the victim's side. DarknessxVega quitting the game while he gravelorded me also caused me to be Perma-Gravelorded.

4. The idea of having multiple gravelords in one area might or might not affect the curse. There is also speculation on part of our friend Al1000 that BPs really only appear in NG+ and beyond. This will be tested in the gravlord tour, but I am pretty sure the first time I saw BPs was during my first run.

Broke unfortunately the only ones that know how or what makes the curse take hold is FROM.

DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:35 pm

Vadislov wrote:Sorry for all the questions and such, but I am wondering what sign do you use? Am I being summoned or do I put down my invasion sign? I feel kinda dumb for not knowing exactly what to do lol. I never really did much pvp so I'm still learning.

Are you talking about when you gravelord?

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:38 pm

Black Phantoms show pass NG+ and Beyond. Trust me
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:39 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Black Phantoms show pass NG+ and Beyond. Trust me

The question is do they show before. As in the first play through.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:41 pm

Yes, me and whiskey has seen BPs in NG.
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:43 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Yes, me and whiskey has seen BPs in NG.

Proper Bow Proper Bow Thank you sir!! That is what I suspected big grin

Acidic, care to take a try at Brokewilly's question?
    Vadislov
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Vadislov on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:51 pm

DxV04 wrote:
    Vadislov wrote:Sorry for all the questions and such, but I am wondering what sign do you use? Am I being summoned or do I put down my invasion sign? I feel kinda dumb for not knowing exactly what to do lol. I never really did much pvp so I'm still learning.

Are you talking about when you gravelord?

I am wondering how I invade people properly and have results like in the video that was last posted. I am unsure on how the online even works really, I've only ever done dungeons with other people like when they help with bosses and stuff.

DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:56 pm

Vadislov wrote:
    I am wondering how I invade people properly and have results like in the video that was last posted. I am unsure on how the online even works really, I've only ever done dungeons with other people like when they help with bosses and stuff.

Well I am more confused now.

Gravelords cannot invade unless they are gravelorded themselves.
    You must see a sign and touch it to initiate the invasion and invade as a Spirit of Vengance.

You can use cracked red orbs to invade as Dark Spirit and be subject to indictments if your victim has indictments in his inventory, giving you sin and making you a target of Darkmoons.

Or you can join the Darkwraiths and invade using a red eye orb.

Darkmoon covenant members use the blue eye orb or put on a ring.

so which one are you? big grin
    Vadislov
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Vadislov on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:00 pm

OH now I get it I think, when you touch the red sign it teleports you to THEIR world? Not bringing them to yours? I understand this a bit more and will try it out. Thanks for being patient lol, I normally get things a bit quicker but I am feeling slow today silly

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:02 pm

Hold on a sec Darkness... K

Gravelord Infections do not work a hundred percent as exact as you think. Infections function and happen at different times.

For example, Gravelord Infections infect players that are connected in the same 'lobby'. Although whiskey takes a while to get them, after she connects with me, gravelording and connecting is a long streak until we are apart for a long period of time, usually many hours or days.

Gravelord infections also affect players that, although may not be near the SL as you, connect VIA Darkwraith/Darkmoon connection. I have heard and talked to players that have invaded and them received phantoms in their world.

Sometimes I have even received my own BP infection in my world, and it gas happened more than once at different locations while Gravelording. I usually invaded with cracked orbs while Gravelord Eye is activated.

BPs don't always appear as soon as they get infected. At times, it requires turbinates to reset at times like homeward or death. However sometimes they randomly appear after they see the GL sign, indicating that the GL sign may not be the legit connection of being infected (like how more than 3 players can see the GL sign). BPs will always reset and stay at an area unless the GL dies... Unless the GL disconnects, in which case time and red phantom invaders would tamper with the supposed Permenat gravelorded world. BPs will respawn if you quit and reload, unlike normal enemies... Good for farming if you do it right. However, you do not receive extra souls, IIRC.

Ask if need to know more
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:07 pm

Vadislov wrote:OH now I get it I think, when you touch the red sign it teleports you to THEIR world? Not bringing them to yours? I understand this a bit more and will try it out. Thanks for being patient lol, I normally get things a bit quicker but I am feeling slow today silly

Red sign? If you touch a red sign you will summon the person whose red sign you touched into your world.

If you put down a RSS (red soapstone) you will be summoned into someone else's world.
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:10 pm

Acidic, did you read the experiment that me and Beggargirl did.

I do not make any claims in knowing how or what causes the gravelord curse to take hold. I can only write down what I have witnessed.

By the way what are turbinates?

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:17 pm

Idk... Why did my iPod insert that? Ugh
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:18 pm

Cause the type-correction of ipads and iphone's flat out sucks , I always struggle with my phone.

Good to see you are back amongst us living undead , Vega cheers

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:23 pm

Turbinates is suppose to be the world... IDK why it auto corrected to that.

Piece of **** auto correct. Can you turn it off
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:25 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Turbinates is suppose to be the world... IDK why it auto corrected to that.

Piece of **** auto correct. Can you turn it off

lol! bro can you comment on the experiment me and beggargirl did. please ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:25 pm

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:Cause the type-correction of ipads and iphone's flat out sucks , I always struggle with my phone.

Good to see you are back amongst us living undead , Vega cheers

I am home now and have good and fast internet, not that intershiet at the hotel cheers
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:26 pm

maybe only if your device is jailbroken , you'd have to google it for the specific answer

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:27 pm

As for what you and Beggar have discovered, I'd like a link please. Information in this forum is less organized at times and filled with threads... Some just repeats of the old.

Please give me a link, comrade
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:As for what you and Beggar have discovered, I'd like a link please. Information in this forum is less organized at times and filled with threads... Some just repeats of the old.

Please give me a link, comrade

It was on my wall of text. No need for a link here is the text again. How much did you read on the wall of text did you read item 2? Oh maybe you did not read my wall of text post at all.

DarknessxVega loaded up Dark Souls and then had me red soap stone into his world. He killed me and then immediately dropped an eye of death. By doing so he ensured we were in the same lobby. Maybe because I was one of the first people he connected with since starting the game, or maybe because of luck, on my return to my world the Black Phantoms generated within half a minute or so (and killed me as I was writing a message).

Now that I had the black phantoms in my world it was time to try to make them permanent. The idea behind perma-gravelording is that you sever the connection between you and the gravelord so that the victim never gets the "Disasters are Gone After the Defeat of the Gravelord Servant" message, and therefore the curse is unable to end.

I dashboarded out and then returned to the game after DarknessxVega had finished gravelording. I loaded up my character and was immediately greeted with Black Phantoms despite the gravelord no longer being active.

I white soap stone summoned DarknessxVega into my world to run though my Burg to play with the black phantoms. About half a minute after DarknessxVega's death I got a "Disasters are Gone" message and the black phantoms were gone upon spawning at the bonfire. Whether this message had appeared due to Vega's death, or whether I had been coincidentally cursed by someone else is unclear.

DarknessxVega had dropped an eye of death and started Gravelording immediately after dying, and in the brief period before I got the "Disasters are Gone" message. Using the dried finger after I walked out into the Burg from the bonfire immediately caused the Black Phantoms to come into existence. It seems the Black Phantoms operate on an invasion timer, and won't appear until it has run out or been reset.

We then set out to see if Perma-Gravelroding was possible from the gravelord's as well as the victim's side. DarknessxVega quitting the game while he gravelorded me also caused me to be Perma-Gravelorded.

Here is item #2

2. During my early day of testing when I had access to another console in my house. I tried to curse the other xbox character. I managed to get the sign to appear on my target's world. So I hid my gravelord so he would not be invaded.

I took my curse target and ran all up and down the drake bridge and the parish and not BPs. As I was running back to where I hid the gravelord to see if the sign was still there I got the "Disasters are gone" message.

I figured someone invaded my gravelord and killed him. So I ran to the other room and guess what. My gravelord had not died!!!!
    But the sign no longer was in the curse target's world.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:33 pm

I'll be back to read it, I'm helping someone at sens
    Vadislov
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Vadislov on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:56 pm

Where are good places to find matches where I can be summoned to help people? I love the coop but never find any.

RaynexFall
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RaynexFall on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:00 pm

near bonfires generally, thats where people tend to congregate.

Click the link if you wanna take a look at the RP Forum me and some other members created.
    Vadislov
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Vadislov on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:04 pm

ok, but normally I cant put the sign by the fire. I went to Sens fortress after Anor Londo because it seems like there are only a few fires that you can put it at, and normally I end up standing there for 20 minutes waiting.

Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:10 pm

@Dx & @Acidic - this is some great information and will be used well. I knew some of the GL vets would able to drop some nuggets of knowledge on old Broke Proper Bow .

Ikkaku - GL+3 (SL138)
    Limera - DW+3 (SL130)
    Yammi - GL+3 (SL84)
    Harribel - DW+0 (SL50)

DeS - PSN ID: BROKEWILLY (N.A. server)
    Kempachi - SL144
    Soifon - SL30

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:28 am