Sanctus...

Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Re: Sanctus...

Post by Buggy Virus on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:56 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:I enjoy buggy's stuff. His is really unique and thought out.

Positive votes received : 80
    Negative votes received : 74

PaladinManFace
    Casual
    Casual

Post by PaladinManFace on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:53 am

I agree that faith was more attractive as more defencive set of casts like demons souls. It still might need to to keep it's staple attacker wrath, but I'd prefer more things like remedy being maricles. Karmic justice is another cool but kinda bad one. Dark Moon Blade is outragous, and I never use it so I kinda forgot it exsisted for a bit there, but I could do withuot it. Gravelord Sword seems really out of place too. The lightining does help with pve and would have no bearing on pvp so idk about those. In short i'd prefer a bit of regeneration over offensive spells.

Oh and concerning the stamina regen, I toatally agree. Toooooo much. I think green bolossoms should be taken out or I like the idea of it being replaced by a slow cast miracle like regeneration. That way you couldn't cast both, and if it had the same req of 16 Faith it would be accessable to non faithers who are willing to spend a few points on it. It could be a pyromancy or spell too it just needs to make people spend some stats to use it so it can't be abused like blossom. Good idea BLA1NE!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:09 pm

there needs to be an anti lightning spell/miracle, i bet it would fit as a gravelord miracle...

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:33 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:Grab 8 vitality, get cursed, and put on Power Within. Grab a sanctus, and you've pretty much got your HP unmoving. with this set-up, you can then keep you health exactly where it is with PW, and then put on bellowing and the red tearstone, and do MASSIVE damage with CSS.

I don't understand what this means.

Positive votes received : 80
    Negative votes received : 74
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:32 pm

Although i kind of agree with blaine that more hp gain would make powerwithin a much more viable choice(not a horrible thing). People using PW+ a buff are powerful anyways, which is why i dont let people cast both those buffs lol. I remember some player got wicked pissed cause i refused to let him cast DMB on his great scythe and cast PW, cmon dude.

I am for making stuff no one uses more viable though, variety is a good thing. Maybe just making it a 1hp per second instead of 2hp every other second would be the best idea. Does anyone else agree with me that stamina regen is what hp regen was to demons souls. It really takes away from one of the more important mechanics in the game(stamina management).
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:57 pm

Hp regen in demons was really all that faith builds had, every other build did lots more damage and did it faster. There were actual benefits to using different melee builds, thats not really the case with the stamina regen, almost everyone can at least use the grass crest shield and the item and automatically improve their build, most can use the mask as well.

(btw no amount of regen would stop firestorm or a cursed dbs killing you in 1 hit, 2 if you were lucky. If anything the availability and lack of stigma on grass rendered hp regen less useful than it could have been, combined with the low damage of faith meant that the hp regen, while undoubtedly useful, was still reasonable. Second chance was the op thing, it made you nearly indestructable if you had spice, paired with the regen it was just amplified.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:25 pm

The adjudacator shield and regenorators ring werent related to faith builds. They also had a much faster hp regen. At +5 the adjudactor shield gives 8hp per second, and the ring gives 4hp per second. Faith did have blessed weapons which i think are about 4hp per second also(i didnt use them often). All of that stuff stacks, so canceling out the hp loss from curse weapon or magic sword makoto(or hiltless too i guess) was very easy. Think about it if you have adjudacators shield +5 and regen ring you get 12hp per second, then you can stack blessed weapons(which im not sure if you need to meet stat req in order to get the hp regen)

It was powerful, im not just talking about pvp btw. Honestly i would argue that the stamina regen items in dark souls are even more of a problem(at least i consider them to be lol). It really seems like a lot of froms decisions were made in order to make it easier for new players. Thats honestly why i think they added the dwgr, so new players could complete the game easier. I hope they dont go to far with these types of ideas in the dlc and next game.
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:01 pm

The real benefits of the regen only came into play for faith builds though, the 12/second was helpful, but like the stamina regen, it worked best stacked. 12/second wasn't really worth it, just grass and get a better ring. Faith hit 18/second with a blessed weapon and 33/second for 60 seconds with the regeneration miracle. That was where the regen was truly useful, a super high regen burst where you're hyper aggressive because you can just soak most anything. you can't buff blessed weapons, and faith doesn't have buffs, so unless you were faith/int glass cannon (for whom the regen is useless) buffed weapons and high regen at the same time weren't an issue. It was only really good as a faith build built on the concept, otherwise it was a waste of slots. Imo of course.

I would agree that stacked stamina regen is a bigger problem, in part because I don't see the hp regen as a problem. It is crazy how fast stamina regenerates with all the items. Especially paired with the dwgrs iframes and or a great shield, it can make one exceedingly difficult to hit.

JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:20 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:Grab 8 vitality, get cursed, and put on Power Within. Grab a sanctus, and you've pretty much got your HP unmoving. with this set-up, you can then keep you health exactly where it is with PW, and then put on bellowing and the red tearstone, and do MASSIVE damage with CSS.

I don't understand what this means.
    ... it means glass cannon builds that use Red Tearstone can also use PW, and put on the sanctus in order to help counteract the damage being done to their low HP.

With 8 vitality, cursed, the HP regen of the sanctus literally cuts the PW damage in half, at least.

Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:45 pm

It will completely negate it with the lingering dc ring allowing you to stay at the 90% buff for as long as you have another pw cast. combined with say cmw a murakumo or great scythe will become a dead angleing 1 shot terror.

BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:33 pm

The drawback is that you're also 1 hit away from dying. And the process of getting yourself into hyper mode before every invasion can be tedious, and gets old quick... Hyper mode is just not for me!

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:34 pm

Right now, I'm just platinuming the game. And probably going to keep doing PvE. big grin I want to get my toon to like sl 300.

167 levels to go...

BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:31 am

You sure are taking your sweet time getting that platinum! silly

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:24 am

Im so close! But i havent played for a few days. And the last time i played was the first time in a while. I only get 1 day, then i dont get any more for a while.

fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:59 pm

Carphil wrote:The self buffs currently are for pyromancers sadly. All faith has is replenish and magic barrier, and its so slow to cast unlike power within. And I think, WoG being the exception, every other damaging miracle is fine!

Lightning bolts, emit force and gravelord sword dance are so slow that no one ever consider using in PVP unles for a video or something

Speak for your self. I have a faith build that uses great lighting spear and sunlight spear, and they wreck peoples sh!t if they are not careful. Granted, a high dex stat is what makes it good for me, but throwing a sunlight spear faster than a great lighting one is awesome.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:42 am