Gravelord Betty,sl60 build.

FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Gravelord Betty,sl60 build.

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:18 pm

Hey guys, yup another build topic. This build is basically a slight variation of a sl120 build i have, even down to the character design. Its a female toon with light pink twin tails, just like the build i was using in martysbrigade's BKGA you tube vid pt2. This has become one of those characters i have developed a lot of personality with. She always has the same basic set up, so no suggestions on armor change. Here it is, btw the dark hand is actually a skull lantern mugenmonkey just doesnt have that on the list. http://tinyurl.com/7fdabqf

The only reason im using the gravelord miracle over fire tempest is because im a gravelord, lol. I decided to use it when i read into the gravelord cove, the miracles gain 30% dmg increase if you are +3. It wasnt what i expected though, 200 less dmg then fire tempest with a +5 max pyro glove. Its basically just to make the character more gravelordish. Oh and i cant parry, which was somewhat intentional. I think i need to focus on not trying to land parrys every fight, so this is just to kinda get me in the habit of not throwing em out like crazy. well tell me what ya think, i almost never make low/mid level builds. Since i replaced my mildred build this is the only build i have right now thats not sl120, lol.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Re: Gravelord Betty,sl60 build.

Post by User on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:20 pm

Good luck, It looks good and well. Get good at the Gravelord Sword, and you can do things that others can't. Also, the R2 attack has great Stunlock and amplifies the Toxic Impulse into players. That, and it's range rivals most halberds and spears.

Just remember to Kindle your Bonfire to 20 so that you can stay gravelording for a long while and not be handicapped by the lack of HP after many fights. Good luck.

Just remember where the SL60s lay at.
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:40 pm

Yea, im pretty surprised im getting almost no action in the burg and darkroot garden(stone giants area). If you gravelord often can you answer a few questions, or anyone for that matter. Do the spirits of vengence invading you have to be in lvl range, or are they basically like temporary dark moons? Can you be infected by a gravelord if you are yourself a gravelord? There were a few more things i was wondering that i cant remember off the top of my head.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:43 pm

The Spirits of Vengeance for Gravelords is like a Summoner and White Signs: It requires their level rangers and yours to be close to the same, around your level.

So between 50s and 70s you will face against mostly.

And you can be infected by a Gravelord if you are a Gravelord... I already tested that with a friend a good amount of times.

Also, Spirits of Vengeance in total that invade you at once is three. More times when Blues don't come, Darkwraith invaders come. A total of four dark spirits (One Darkwraith, three infected) have invaded a Gravelord's world.

So like I said, bring a good amount of estus. When action hits, which is uncommon at times, you should be prepared.
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:52 pm

Thanks man, thats interesting that you can infect fellow gravelords. I'm campin in anor londo right now,getting a lot more action,mainly wraiths but got some spirits too. I think i might infect dark anor londo, cause it will be perfect having the skull lantern. I need to look up if there are even any BP mobs for dark anor londo. That would be cool if there were BP versions of those two warrior npcs, that actually should so be in the game if it isnt...i kinda dont think it is.....hmmm do the ones listed infect both light&dark anor londo? lol

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:54 pm

The BP silver knights still exist; no evidence of BP sentinels exist in Dark Anor Londo.

IIRC
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:01 pm

sl 60 is perfect for the catacombs, i was actually gonna make a new build around the gravelord gs for the darkstalkers and it might end up looking very similar to yours.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:10 pm

I have a permanent SL60 GL myself, sadly she cant use the miracles so she plays with fire, but I'm having an absolute blast with the gravelord sword now that I'm finally getting used to it! I agree with Acidic about the thrusting attack, but both the running and rolling R1s can be pretty brutal as well.

We should try to curse one another sometime. I haven't seen one BP since I've been on ps3!

EDIT: Here's my build. HTTP://tinyurl.com/6o7usek

Funny we both have GLS & bandit knife!

I also have a light armor, fast roll 0 poise setup I switch to at times, but I admit my skill level is a bit sub-par for 0 poise pvp!

Last edited by BackwardsBaboon on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total

PSN - BackwardsBaboon

Sanity Is Overrated!
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:29 pm

im starting to think you cant gravelord dark anor londo......it wont let me. It doesnt let you if someone is invading before you put the eye down, but i quit out a few times and it still wouldnt. Anyone ever successfully gravelord dark anor londo?

lol rant, we have similar tastes in builds i guess. Ive been pretty successful so far, honestly replace the miracle with great combustion and the build seems straight op for sl60. I do still run into the 77poise ninja flippers with lightning rapiers, they are easily the most powerful lower lvl imo.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:32 pm

Not sure how related this is but I saw an INORDINATE amount of Gravelords today.

Burg, Anor Londo, Parish... you name it, I ran into them.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:39 pm

I have tried Gravelording in Dark Anor Londo before; Remember that they eye can not be used by the player unless they are in a non-boss area where signs can be set, and they must not have any phantoms or incoming phantoms at all until the eye itself is finally used. That, and requires the player to be human, like Darkwraiths.

I have found that Dark Anor and other areas sometimes puts the player into invaded mode as soon as they can be set to be invaded. Even when quit and reloading, reloading reaches towards invasions.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:40 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:im starting to think you cant gravelord dark anor londo......it wont let me. It doesnt let you if someone is invading before you put the eye down, but i quit out a few times and it still wouldnt. Anyone ever successfully gravelord dark anor londo?

lol rant, we have similar tastes in builds i guess. Ive been pretty successful so far, honestly replace the miracle with great combustion and the build seems straight op for sl60. I do still run into the 77poise ninja flippers with lightning rapiers, they are easily the most powerful lower lvl imo.

i am gonna love fighting those guys unlocked, since theyre gonna get stunlocked to death and toxic too.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:41 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:I have tried Gravelording in Dark Anor Londo before; Remember that they eye can not be used by the player unless they are in a non-boss area where signs can be set, and they must not have any phantoms or incoming phantoms at all until the eye itself is finally used. That, and requires the player to be human, like Darkwraiths.

I have found that Dark Anor and other areas sometimes puts the player into invaded mode as soon as they can be set to be invaded. Even when quit and reloading, reloading reaches towards invasions.

how awesome would it be to be able to do it and have gankers get owned by bp painting guardians or a freaking bp gargoyle!

DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:10 pm

Nito is so happy big grin cheers
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:44 pm

I'm not so happy, it really seems like anything but sl120 pvp is completely dead. I have had maybe 10 invasions total in the last 3 days with this build. This is while camping in areas like depths,sens fortress,anor londo,dark anor londo,new londo ruins, and even undead burg. I left my ps3 on by mistake yesterday in the burg while gravelording and i wasnt back for almost 2hrs and i didnt get invaded. strange, and every invader was just a wraith i didnt get a single person invading through my gravelord sign. Its a shame.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:25 pm

GL's is still a little f'd up but i usually get good action at sl 55 in the catacombs.

FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:49 pm

really? i was going to go there next, but i figured i would have even worse luck, cause most people just go through there in undead form. I gravelorded the depths today for almost 2hrs just sitting in the same spot near the entrance to blighttown, not a single invasion. I just put the controller down and watched tv on my laptop for the whole time, and nothing. This was from like 3pm-4:45pm i just gave up after that.
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:39 pm

These past couple days have been pretty slow everywhere, at least in my experience. Tried to pull an all-nighter Tuesday night...made it till like 3am before i got bored & crashed.

PSN - BackwardsBaboon

Sanity Is Overrated!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:00 pm