Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
swordiris
RandelOolacile
Malacath
JustT
8 posters

Farming for Murakumo - question

JustT

Farming for Murakumo - question Empty Farming for Murakumo - question

Post by JustT Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:16 pm

Hey all, so I'm farming the graveyard giant skellies for a Murakumo and had no joy after about two hours or so. I have two questions:

1. They do drop them, right? I read somewhere that they did.

2. The Wiki says there are also giant skellies in the Catacombs, but I just cleared that place, found the blacksmith, killed Pinwheel, etc... and did not see one Giant Skeleton. Is there a place (besides ToG) where there are a bunch of them?

As a devout Forest Hunter I'm not killing Shiva, and I don't want one given to me. After devoting 2+ hours to it already I'm not about to give up! I could just use a little reassurance, maybe some tips.

Oh and I may as well ask - once I get one, since I'm a Str and not a Dex build, I should go Fire or Lightning, right?

Thanks!

Last thing! Since I'm not asking for trade or co-op I didn't put thisin the player help section, but if it should go there please feel free to move it.
    Malacath
    Malacath
    Casual
    Casual

Farming for Murakumo - question Empty Re: Farming for Murakumo - question

Post by Malacath Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:20 pm

Yes, they drop it, I don't know if the ones in the catacombs drop them as well though. Since there are only two of them they would be harder to farm anyways.
    I don't know bout the best upgrade path, I thnik you're right though. But choose fire, it's way more stylish than lightning.

Good luck.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:21 pm

Yeah the giants are supposed to drop them. There's a giant when you head to the hidden area that has the darkmoon seance ring. I'm not positive of this, but i thought you had to have the lord vessel placed before the giant skeletons dropped them.

Also, I think that with a strength build an elemental path is better, the murakumo generally scales with dexterity so yeah. I tend to like fire, but I suppose it's up to preference. =D

Last edited by MudoRH on Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:23 pm

The giant skellies in the catacombs are by where you find tranquil walk and there is one by the darkmoon senance ring.

There are also giant skellies in Tomb of the giants. Might be hard to farm there if you don't have cast light though. Make sure to stack Gold serpants ring with Mask of Avarice if you aren't doing that already.

Also you might want some reconfirmation and get murakumo but I think you can keep kicking shiva until he falls of a cliff reload and not get a betrayal. I don't think kicks count as an attack and I did the same thing to get DWGR and didn't get a betrayal.

Last edited by swordiris on Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:26 pm

swordiris wrote:
    Also you might want some re confirmatd and get murakion but I think you can keep kicking shiva until he falls of a cliff reload and not get a betrayal. I don't think kicks count as an attack and I did the same thing to get DWGR and didn't get a betrayal.

Oh man this is great info! I totally didn't know you could do this!
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:38 pm

Giant skellieS (?) in the catacombs? I remember only 1, that is behind the breakable wall.

Also weird thing to say there are also giant skellies in ToG... when that's actually where they live - there are like at least 30 of them down there! silly
    JustT

Post by JustT Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:52 pm

Thanks! Sounds like I should just stick to the Graveyard. Apparently there's an entire section of the Catacombs I missed since I never saw TWoP or the DM Seance Ring. I'll have to check that out once I'm done Mura farming.
    I took a quick look at ToG after I killed Pinwheel, got freaked out and Homeward Bone'd the hell outta there. That'll be another day.
    Shiva's already in Btown so kicking him's not an option. Definitely good to know, though!

At least I know I'm on the right track. Thanks again!
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:55 pm

I'm gonna farm the giant in the graveyard with gold serpent ring and avarice helm to see if they drop cause I thought only Catas and ToG giants dropped them.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:57 pm

Its because some of them are using a giant Falchion and not the Murakumo. Pay attention to those who actually wields the weapon you want.

You can kill Shiva and absolve your sins too, easiest way and you get a nice shield happy
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Don't ruin your Dark Souls experience with hours of farming.... Sooner or later you will get what you want just when you're not expecting it. It always worked like that for me at least. Everytime I was farming for longer times I never actually got what I wanted, instead I always got the rare drops when I haven't been visiting a certain area for a longer time and then came back, very often I got a rare drop from one of the first enemies I killed there. I always wondered if that's an actual game mechanic.

WHAT? YOU CAN KILL SHIVA AND ABSOLVE YOUR SINS AND HE'S BACK THEN??? :shock:
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:11 pm

Darkson wrote:

No, he don't come back. But unless you want some claws, he is useless anyway happy
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:14 pm

Oh ok, guess I missed the point, it was all about staying in the covenant. :roll:
    JustT

Post by JustT Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:19 pm

I'm taking a break and hunkering down again tonight. Gotta to feed the kids, etc...

I'll give it til midnight. If one doesn't drop by then I'll just kill Shiva and absolve.

This stupid sword better be worth it. I've been using the BK Sword +5 and I just love that thing. I killed those Capra Demons in that fire pit in 2 hits each. Two-handing it for forest hunting has been pretty fun, too. My DSOCD (Dark Souls OCD) just won't let me give up until I've at least tried a Mura out. It's much more serious than the F3OCD (Fallout 3 OCD) I went through!

Anyway, thank you all yet again!
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:29 pm

BKGA is even more powerful, simply too overpowered, at least for me. Got 50 STR and 40 DEX and when I 2-hand this weapon I can stagger (!) the sentinels in Anor with 1 hit and kill them with the 2nd.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:53 pm

Darkson wrote:the sentinels in Anor with 1 hit and kill them with the 2nd.

But my Silver knight sword with 40 dex also does that winking
    JustT

Post by JustT Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:06 pm

Darkson wrote:Don't ruin your Dark Souls experience with hours of farming.... Sooner or later you will get what you want just when you're not expecting it. It always worked like that for me at least. Everytime I was farming for longer times I never actually got what I wanted, instead I always got the rare drops when I haven't been visiting a certain area for a longer time and then came back, very often I got a rare drop from one of the first enemies I killed there. I always wondered if that's an actual game mechanic.

Just saw this post - thanks for the tip Darkson, you're probably right, but for the record, I'm having a blast. No experience ruined here! After they slaughtered me countless times on first character it feels really satisfying to two-hit them all with a Fire MSGS.

I don't have a BKGA yet but once I reach the kiln I don't plan on leaving until I get one!

I'll also look into that Avarice helm. Right now I'm just using the serpent ring and 10 soft humanities. I'm psyching myself up for killing Shiva, just in case.

I have one more question, off-topic, but I don't want to clog up the boards so I'll ask here. last night I invaded a guy wearing robes and double fisting daggers. My BKS was only doing 6 Damage to him, and after about 4 of my hits he parried/riposted and just completely destroyed me. I had about 1500 HP! Was this guy just way overpowered or glitching/modding? If he was using that dagger that boosts criticals, I can understand. What I can't wrap my head around is ROBES negating over 450 physical damage from my sword.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:12 pm

^ well, 6 damage is way too low and it should be doing more, even if he had some Heavy leggings and gauntles beneath his robes! the only thing I can think he used Iron Flesh, but still, it should not be doing 6 damage! if you're on Xbox, maybe he was Hacking. Can't tell but thats not something in game for sure!
    JustT

Post by JustT Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:08 am

Got one to drop! And I didn't have to kill Shiva. The other night I quit farming after about 30 min to do some pvp and pretty much resigned myself to killing Shiva. Anyway, this morning I think "what the hell, one more try" abs sure enough, I got it!

For anyone wondering, it dropped from the graveyard giant Skelly that's up higher, all by himself.

Thanks for all tips!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:57 am

go where the large devine ember is and you should get ont in no time, good luck with ot getting killed every time you go in there, you might need some pyro or magic.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:32 pm

I got a Mura from the graveyard skellies, took a while but it's certainly possible. The rumor that you need to place the Lordvessel first might be true, 2 hours seems like a really long time for it. What Item discovery do you have?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:56 am