Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
omega Elf
reim0027
Fotitudo
cloudyeki
Carphil
FattyOfDoom
About8547Souls
Hahalo
TehInfamousAmos
Serious_Much
mugenis4real
Forum Pirate
Buggy Virus
Tolvo
RANT
DoughGuy
BackwardsBaboon
ROOSTER330
larri42
23 posters

Question to the community about fairness

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Question to the community about fairness - Page 2 Empty Re: Question to the community about fairness

Post by User Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:18 pm

I think that you should have got a washing pole and buffed it, as well as wear his armour, rings, spells, and items he has to consider themselves.... fair.

If he wanted fair, he should have worn everything you were wearing. The Nerve!
    Fotitudo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Question to the community about fairness - Page 2 Empty Re: Question to the community about fairness

Post by Fotitudo Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:38 pm

I had an pvp today, 2 invaders in the burg.
    all is fine, and then i get an katana backstab, which doesnt really hurt that much. And then he turned around, so say sorry and i should backstab him ...
    i thought, what the f*** is wrong with this guy? They´re part of this game, and it was fine.

So after a gesture the fight starts again, i finish him with an great combustion, i bow to his bloodstain, and the 2nd invader GB me in the back, dead.

He send me a message, like " im sorry for the backstab, but GB finish is cheap"...

HELL WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS!?
    Its ok, fishing for backstabs is bad, like GB and WotG SPAM! Chain Backstabs and Tranquil Walk.

Next time i get an message, because i use the strong RT/R2 attack ... or something like this. Or why i dont let someone buff his weapon a 2nd time...

GUYS THIS IS RIDICULOUS!
    You play one of the hardest games, and cry of an GB death? ...
    So i go to bed, this day is done ... -.-
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:40 pm

GB? What the hell is a GB?
    Fotitudo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fotitudo Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:10 pm

oh sorry my fault, i mean GC "Great Combustion"
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:32 pm

Ah, that makes much more sense.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:24 am

All's fair in love and war, and all that!

The way I see it, you Invaded, and so you're calling the shots. The Host chose to stick himself in a precarious position, and so he's only got himself to blame when you spammed his butt with CSS.

Also if you invaded using a Red Eye Orb why would you care what he thinks?

Darkwraiths show no remorse! twisted
    Fotitudo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fotitudo Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:58 pm

Today ive been called a noob, because i parried/riposte someone, with a blind parry. He keeps attacking so it wasnt that hard.

so we should make rules.
    No Backstabfishing, in generall EVERY backstab is forbidden
    No turtling
    No stunlocking
    No parry
    No magic
    No buffing
    No dwgr
    No Familymask
    No grass crest shield

hell this sounds a lot of fun! [/ironic]

Seriously, this hole community is sick! Ive just want a clean hard fight, but most of you are just ridiculous, of your "ideal" fight.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:03 pm

That sounded like a fair strategy to me.

The other day I got called a noob who sucks at the game for using +3 DMB buff.

You know how I got that buff....killing 80 people. Not to mention I left the Darkmoons at one point to get DWGR.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:26 pm

Fotitudo wrote:Today ive been called a noob, because i parried/riposte someone, with a blind parry. He keeps attacking so it wasnt that hard.

And that "someone" represents the entire souls wiki forums?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:29 pm

You missed his point. It is that everyone will say something is unfair and as such no notice should be given to such claims the majority of the time, else everything would eventually be banned.

Enjoy the fight rather than harping on things you didn't like about it.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:32 pm

Fair is more easy to make relative than absolute; Go make some clones of both the avatar and the controller...

That being said, it is much easier to bring a large sword or hammer.

:bas:
    Fotitudo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fotitudo Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:42 pm

I always "wave" to say hello, and then i bow, tryn to be a nice guy.
    I dont go for backstabs, exept he leaves himself that much open, or i punish his casting/whatever.
    Hate to use great combustion, to the most players, its like a mini wotg.
    And i dont spam anything! No parry/spell/attack, nothing!

I play without poise and use Velkas Rapier.
    So if i dont do a horroble mistake, how can someone call me a noob, or a bad player?

And i played against another german player with an Dex/Fth Build against my Dex/Int, he with the DSS and we both used Pyromancy, he fireballs, i gc, i throw a fireball, and attacked with our main weapons. I lost, the spear was such an huge advantage against me, but this was fun! And he send me a message, with "well fighted, good game".

@ Carphil:
    No, not the entire community, but there a lot, and i mean A LOT, such gamers, who searches excuses because they failed. And its freaking annoying.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:48 pm

It's not because they are searching for fair, they are searching for little tactics to destroy them.

They mixed that definition with a word not suited for it.

Of course, such tactics as permanent invisibility, over 9900 HP, dragon glitches, and other things... That should be considered unfair, as they are not meant to be had in game...

I still think the lack of patches is just part of the PC plan 🤡
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:52 am

Who eats three consecutive souls spears? Haha. Barring some intense lag, the guy probably would have gone down anyway.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:14 am

Fotitudo wrote:Today ive been called a noob, because i parried/riposte someone, with a blind parry. He keeps attacking so it wasnt that hard.

so we should make rules.
    No Backstabfishing, in generall EVERY backstab is forbidden
    This is due to how too many people simply try to BS now, and BS is made too easy by lag. There are counters but not everyone can pull it off, and it can be hard with lag sometimes, thus BS in general is hated.
    No turtling
    This is just annoying to fight, and basically forces you to BS them which some players, like myself, find unsavoury.
    No stunlocking
    As far as I know th eofrum is fine with this
    No parry
    As above
    No magic
    Only magics like Twop, or when a caster spams more than 3 WoGs are really a problem. The first because of the BS issue, the second because its hard to defend against for newer players.
    No buffing
    Some people dislike this as it makes fights shorter, but really its a heavy stat investment so there is no problem here.
    No dwgr
    The fact this single piece of equipment is the best in the game, and has basically defined how pvp is now is annoying.
    No Familymask
    These have stigma attached due to the type of player you usually see wearing them (gankers).
    No grass crest shield
    No problems here

hell this sounds a lot of fun! [/ironic]

Seriously, this hole community is sick! Ive just want a clean hard fight, but most of you are just ridiculous, of your "ideal" fight.
    Are you actually specifing the whole DkS community or just this forum? because while your first statement targets the former your second targets the latter. But let me try to explian why we look down upon some things, and why soe of your points do not relate to the forum.

To your first statement people get angry when they lose and send hatemail. Just ignore it and move on. In fact you can think of it as a trophy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 am