Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
omega Elf
reim0027
Fotitudo
cloudyeki
Carphil
FattyOfDoom
About8547Souls
Hahalo
TehInfamousAmos
Serious_Much
mugenis4real
Forum Pirate
Buggy Virus
Tolvo
RANT
DoughGuy
BackwardsBaboon
ROOSTER330
larri42
23 posters

Question to the community about fairness

larri42
    larri42

Question to the community about fairness Empty Question to the community about fairness

Post by larri42 Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:33 am

I want to know what the community thinks of this situation.

I invaded this guy in Anor Londo and I found him in the stairs close to Ornstein and Smough area. Those stairs by the walls that lead to the upper area. Those stairs have very little space for escaping maneuvers.

The guys had a very long katana, I think it was the Washing Pole. He was buffed and his katana was buffed too. I had Velka's Rapier, which clearly has way less range.

In my mind there was no way I could beat that guy in a close range combat while being funneled in that stair. So instead trying close range combat, I just took him down with Crystal Soul Spear spell. Since there was no space for maneuvers, there wasn't much he could do to avoid the spell.

So after the fight the guy was complaining I was cheap because I just spammed Crystal Soul Mass.

But I believe that under the circumstances avoiding close range combat was the smart idea.

Do you guys think that was a cheap move of my part?

ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Question to the community about fairness Empty Re: Question to the community about fairness

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:38 am

I dont think so. Its just another tactic. When i face people with sorcery i usually try to rush them, they are vulnerable while casting and at close range. If he stood at a distance and ate your spears, well thats his fault.

To me cheap is chain backstabs, bs fishing etc. But even those have counters, not that im great at doing it. He was upset because he got beat. I might be a little bias though as im tired of seeing washingpoles everywhere happy
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Question to the community about fairness Empty Re: Question to the community about fairness

Post by BackwardsBaboon Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:41 am

Chances are he wanted to r1 spam you into oblivion with a buffed washing pole. You prevented that using sorceries, which are honestly not that difficult to roll/dodge out of harm's way. Even in close quarters, he could have rolled towards you, or even off the stairs, which is a non-fatal fall. Sounds like this guy just needed an excuse for losing.
    larri42
    larri42

Post by larri42 Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:47 am

I will try to avoid close combat as much as I can with my mage so I didn't think that spamming spells is exactly a cheap tactic.

I see no difference in doing that and locking somebody in a great weapon combo.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:01 am

How many spears did you use? If it was one you werent spamming. if it was more than one hewas silly for not moving out of the way. Either way that was a perfectly fair tactic considering. He was going to use the environment to his advantage, you used it to yours.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:02 am

there is no 'fair' in invasions, you are supposed to destroy your opponent on either side. and he deserved to die if he couldng dodge a css.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:06 am

Sounds like a nice kill to me.
    larri42
    larri42

Post by larri42 Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:08 am

DoughGuy wrote:How many spears did you use? If it was one you werent spamming. if it was more than one hewas silly for not moving out of the way. Either way that was a perfectly fair tactic considering. He was going to use the environment to his advantage, you used it to yours.

If I remember correctly, he died with 2 spears. I wouldn't be surprised if it was 3 though.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:12 am

Spamming isn't cheap. . . It's dumb of the people using it, it's easy to avoid.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:14 am

Fair is a place to visit during the summer for pretzels and games.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:32 am

Out of Fight Club it's the rough&tough streets. You did good kid, you did good. :pirat:
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:35 am

FC allows spell casting last time I checked, though usually sorceries aren't that useful in too close of quarters.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:38 am

I just meant that no matter what you do out of FC is pretty much cool. O rat least that's how it is for me.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:25 am

That wasn't cheap in anyway, simply a rather risky strategy as you could have wasted all of your best spell in one go Shrug To me in that situation, him telling you that was cheap is like you telling him using buffs is cheap or stunlocking is cheap.. You gotta draw the line of cheapness somewhere really rather than being mad at losing once in a while.

Also, you look kinda familiar...
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:40 am

Not cheap at all - it depends on your philosophy in pvp - what your ideals are. People will call 3 WoGs over 1 min 30 secs spam but that is their opinion on the idea.
    larri42
    larri42

Post by larri42 Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:16 am

Serious_Much wrote:That wasn't cheap in anyway, simply a rather risky strategy as you could have wasted all of your best spell in one go Shrug To me in that situation, him telling you that was cheap is like you telling him using buffs is cheap or stunlocking is cheap.. You gotta draw the line of cheapness somewhere really rather than being mad at losing once in a while.

Also, you look kinda familiar...

I have been pvping a lot with my sl 120 mage in Anor Londor and Undead Burg lately.
    I spent all yesterday pvping in Anor Londor with my mage.

I also have a pyro, which was my first serious char. But I leveled him to almost level 200 so he doesn't get many invasions anymore, so I kind abandoned him.
    Hahalo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hahalo Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:59 pm

To OP, is completely fair.

That's strategy of using the environment to your advantage. Nothing wrong, and your opponent is just unhappy he got owned.
    About8547Souls
    About8547Souls
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by About8547Souls Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:06 pm

Yeah it's fair to use the environment against him. What did he expect you to do? Try to fight him off with a stick and not use your spells so he could win?
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:17 pm

This is fine, if not smart. CSS is KNOWN to be used within funneled area's, so when he seen you with Velka"s Rapier, he should've known you had spells. Ignore that guy, he's just upset because his "foolproof" plan failed
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:16 pm

"Hey look! I have infinte poise and a huge katana buffed, no one can defeat me!

*BAM* *shot in the face*

"Thats not fair!"

Prostration
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:37 pm

If he wasn't smart enough to roll through the CSS, he deserved it. That's my honest opinion.
    Fotitudo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fotitudo Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:20 pm

cloudyeki wrote:If he wasn't smart enough to roll through the CSS, he deserved it. That's my honest opinion.

Same here! Even if you spam Crystal Spear, it isnt as strong as GC or WotG, very easy (too easy) dodgeable. And if he get´s hit and he dies, its his fault.
    He looses, cries like a little baby and yeah. ignore such kiddies, i always tell them, "its not Call of Duty, stop playing Dark Souls!"
    Hate messages make me crazy as hell >sad
    larri42
    larri42

Post by larri42 Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:42 pm

That was actually my first hate mail.

Most messages I get is usually about how cool the battle was or asking for some help.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:06 pm

So, he funneled himself in a narrow corridor? And, you had the nerve to do a linear attack? That's like going into a cave and complaining because someone threw a grenade into it.

He set the tone of the fight. He tried to use the environment to his advantage. Good for him. Why would he expect you not to do the same?

Completely fair, IMO.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:09 pm

nothing is unfair tactic and sorceries are too easy to dodge i would have twop him first

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 am