Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Yarxov
Robotech
Dj-B-Man-Jr
retention_sb
Teh_hapy_octopus
tapir8
10 posters

Lost. where to go next in Dark Souls? Also what is a really good greatsword?

tapir8
    tapir8
    Casual
    Casual

Lost. where to go next in Dark Souls? Also what is a really good greatsword? Empty Lost. where to go next in Dark Souls? Also what is a really good greatsword?

Post by tapir8 Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:11 pm

I don't know where to go in this next game, and running around aimlessly is becoming a bore.

Places I've finished so far:
    -Undead Burg & Parish
    -The Depths
    -Blightown
    -Undead Asylum (2nd time)
    -Anor Londo
    -Painting world
    -Duke's Archives & Crystal Cave (and Seath's soul to fire)
    - Sen's Fortress
    -Darkroot Garden (killed the butterfly)
    -New Londo Ruins (met the magician & blacksmith, and drained the water)

Also, what's a really good swords you would recommended? The character is a wanderer who became good with sorcery and pyromancy, and leveled up dex, HP, and int, but not strength. I I want to make the character strong, because curved swords are starting to become a little underwhelming.
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Lost. where to go next in Dark Souls? Also what is a really good greatsword? Empty Re: Lost. where to go next in Dark Souls? Also what is a really good greatsword?

Post by Teh_hapy_octopus Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:13 pm

there is a boss in new londo called the four kings kill them and you can talk to kaathe and give him the lord vessel to gain access no new areas
    retention_sb
    retention_sb

Lost. where to go next in Dark Souls? Also what is a really good greatsword? Empty Re: Lost. where to go next in Dark Souls? Also what is a really good greatsword?

Post by retention_sb Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:16 pm

i would head to deamon ruins and fight ceasless discharge. for a weapon i would go with the uchigatana with christal magic weapon buff.
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:19 pm

You still need to go to the catacombs, kill the 4kings in new londo, and you still need to go to lost izalith, and since you're leveling up dex, why not a katana? they have great scaling with dex, they cause bleed and they can be pretty deadly when enchanted
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:21 pm

tapir8 wrote:I don't know where to go in this next game, and running around aimlessly is becoming a bore.

-Undead Burg & Parish
    -The Depths
    -Blightown
    -Anor Londo
    -Painting world
    - Sen's Fortress

Also, what's a really good swords you would recommended? The character is a wanderer who became good with sorcery and pyromancy, and leveled up dex, HP, and int, but not strength. I I want to make the character strong, because curved swords are starting to become a little underwhelming.

well obviously catacombs, totg, and the lower hellish areas till you kill bed of chaos

did you get the mage greatsword from seath ?
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:26 pm

What about Murakomo? It has an A in Dex scaling and is a greatsword.
    tapir8
    tapir8
    Casual
    Casual

Post by tapir8 Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:28 pm

Robotech wrote:
    tapir8 wrote:I don't know where to go in this next game, and running around aimlessly is becoming a bore.

-Undead Burg & Parish
    -The Depths
    -Blightown
    -Anor Londo
    -Painting world
    - Sen's Fortress

well obviously catacombs, totg, and the lower hellish areas till you kill bed of chaos

No, no mage greatsword from seath. Although, it is possible to make a greatsword from the wolf boss (don't know where he is). How's the wolf's sword?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:28 pm

You still have the Demon Ruins and Izalith to go through for a Lord's soul, as well you haven't killed the Four Kings in New Londo that was mentioned above, and last but not least you have to go through the catacombs and dreaded Tomb of the Giants to get to Nito. Don't forget to bring a divine weapon. big grin
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:30 pm

Tolvo wrote:You still have the Demon Ruins and Izalith to go through for a Lord's soul, as well you haven't killed the Four Kings in New Londo that was mentioned above, and last but not least you have to go through the catacombs and dreaded Tomb of the Giants to get to Nito. Don't forget to bring a divine weapon. big grin

...and a flashlight
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:31 pm

tapir8 wrote:

No, no mage greatsword from seath. Although, it is possible to make a greatsword from the wolf boss (don't know where he is). How's the wolf's sword?

Sif is in Darkroot, depending on where you enter from Sif is either past the Evil Rolling Cats, or near to where the mushroom people are. The entrance to the fight is a Giant Door kind of like the first Crest door next to the Bonfire in Darkroot.
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Teh_hapy_octopus Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:31 pm

the "wolf sword" is the great sword of artorious but it uses str dex int and fth to wield it well. also the wolf boss is in the garden after blacksmith andre after the locked door thing. you can open it by buying a key from andre for 20000 souls
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:33 pm

tapir8 wrote:
    Robotech wrote:

-Undead Burg & Parish
    -The Depths
    -Blightown
    -Anor Londo
    -Painting world
    - Sen's Fortress

the wolf sword is fine but more of a faith/strength weapon i think

in any case it needs quite high stats so you better get the wolf shield on your 1st playthrough, but then again you dont have enough strength to use this either... well kill the wolf anyway, and you can figure out what to do with his soul afterwards winking
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:34 pm

Robotech wrote:

...and a flashlight

I prefer a maggot personally. lol
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:52 pm

Zweihander is my favorite greatsword. It has low stat requirements (for greatswords), hits hard, and can stunlock. It is also easy to get, and you can get it right away.

Personally, I prefer to use the Darkmoon Blade as a buff. With the Darkmoon Talisman and a +3 Darkmoon covenant rank, it is more powerful than the Crystal buff. Also, I don't like magic (sucks for PvP), and Faith's WoG is great for PvP, the Faith upgrade for the DMB is better for me.

And, a Zwei +15 with no buff (2 handed) hits harder than a Lightning Zwei (for the most part).
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:57 pm

reim0027 wrote:Zweihander is my favorite greatsword. It has low stat requirements (for greatswords), hits hard, and can stunlock. It is also easy to get, and you can get it right away.

Personally, I prefer to use the Darkmoon Blade as a buff. With the Darkmoon Talisman and a +3 Darkmoon covenant rank, it is more powerful than the Crystal buff. Also, I don't like magic (sucks for PvP), and Faith's WoG is great for PvP, the Faith upgrade for the DMB is better for me.
    And, a Zwei +15 with no buff (2 handed) hits harder than a Lightning Zwei (for the most part).

zwei is great, although slow for my taste (claymore ftw!) but the poor fellow does not have high str and i think zwei needs 24 str to hold in one hand?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:03 pm

Yep. But, use it 2H. 18str (the minimum to 2H the Zwei) with 2H has the same AR as 27 str 1H. For the Zwei, I stop at 27. 2H with 27 str will have the same AR as 40 str 1H. Since there is severe diminishing returns after 40, I don't go over 27 str and 2H it, saving me 13 points to put elsewhere.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:23 pm

if youre a dex build you greatswords dont scale with dex except curved greatswords, murakumo woould be a good one but you need a lot of str which isnt worth it for a dex build.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:33 pm

RantFromRant wrote:if youre a dex build you greatswords dont scale with dex except curved greatswords, murakumo woould be a good one but you need a lot of str which isnt worth it for a dex build.
    Crap, missed that. You're right, dex and great swords don't mix. Unless you go elemental and use the dex to improve casting speed. But, then you sacrifice AR for faster casts.
    tapir8
    tapir8
    Casual
    Casual

Post by tapir8 Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:53 pm

reim0027 wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:if youre a dex build you greatswords dont scale with dex except curved greatswords, murakumo woould be a good one but you need a lot of str which isnt worth it for a dex build.
    Crap, missed that. You're right, dex and great swords don't mix. Unless you go elemental and use the dex to improve casting speed. But, then you sacrifice AR for faster casts.
    The Str for murakumo is way too high! Is the the black knight sword any good? It only requires 20 str, which doesn't require that much leveling up for wanderers. It does 220 damage.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:04 am

What're your stats? It only has an E scaling in Dex, so it would prolly be crap.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:18 am

Muakomo would be your best bet imo, its just a few levels until you can 2H, the Dex scaling should be worth it. (you need 20 str for 2H)
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:51 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaK2nAKvfgo here's some good murakumo footage, is a really good sword for dead angling, and notice the user can only 2h it.
    tapir8
    tapir8
    Casual
    Casual

Post by tapir8 Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:48 pm

Murakumo only 18str for 2H? Never mind what was written earlier, that sound great!
    tapir8
    tapir8
    Casual
    Casual

Post by tapir8 Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:05 pm

Ooo, finally got the strength to wield the Murakumo by soul farming in painting world near the spear throwing dead guys. Thanks a lot, forum.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:57 am