Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Finished my Pyro/Mage Build, but ...

Fotitudo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Finished my Pyro/Mage Build, but ... Empty Finished my Pyro/Mage Build, but ...

Post by Fotitudo Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:33 pm

i dont know, i think i need finishing touch (is it right?)
    My current build is:
    Edit: The link is not working ..
    Vit: 35
    Att: 28
    End: 30
    Str: 16
    Dex 40
    Res: -
    Int 44
    Fth: -

RH: Velkas Rapier - Logans Cat.
    LH: Crest Shield - Pyro Flame +5
    Big Hat +5 - Black Sorcerer Cloak +9, Black Sorcerer Gauntlets +9, Black Sorcerer Boots +9

2x Crystal Soul Spear, 1x Homing Crystal Soulmass, 1x Great Chaos Fireball, 1x Great Combustion, 1x Fire Tempest

So i want got up to 135, so i have 5 SL left, should i put them in dexterity for max casting speed? ... but Velkas, isnt going (mush) stronger past 40..

And which weapons, besides Velkas, would fit my build? Im thinking of Lifehunt or some +15 Dex weapons.

One thing, if i remove RoFaP, i can still fast roll and have 3.7 weight left, but which rings are also good?
    1. No! I dont stack poise and use dwgr
    2. Wolf Ring... idk i dont really need it, of course there are situations where Wolf are great, but its rarely
    3. Hornet Ring? I dont backstab fish, i love just punishing people with it, and im doin pretty well with counter - riposte. But i heard some people are pissed of hornet ring users ...

Or should i stay with RoFaP?

Which spells are also good in PvP? Im thinking of Chameleon, Fire Surge/Whip ??
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Finished my Pyro/Mage Build, but ... Empty Re: Finished my Pyro/Mage Build, but ...

Post by FinPeku Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Fotitudo wrote:Wolf Ring... idk i dont really need it, of course there are situations where Wolf are great, but its rarely
    I see your using only light armor. Isn't that one of the situations where wolf ring is great? If you like to riposte, wolf ring allows you to tank the first hit of katanas/falchion/Fury sword etc. and then parry. If you want to use those armor pieces, consider wolf ring. Otherwise, you will have some serious trouble staying alive with about 1500 hp and zero poise.

With 40 dex and 16 strength, there are plenty of good weapon choices. If you want to make use of your str, try claymore or moonlight greatsword. I recommend claymore, since it's more versatile and more importantly, buffable. Crystal magic buffed claymore will wreck everyone in few hits. If you want faster weapons, try balder side sword, falchion or katanas.

My suggestions are all very typical and commonly seen in PvP, so you might want to try something more original.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Finished my Pyro/Mage Build, but ... Empty Re: Finished my Pyro/Mage Build, but ...

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:54 pm

I used to do 0 poise builds, but I don't anymore. Now, whenever I wear light armor, and I usually DO wear light armor as opposed to heavy armor (just prefer the lighter stuff to the heavy stuff, got nothing against heavy armor guys though), I slap the Wolf Ring on there.

I think it makes a world of difference, but that's just me.
    Fotitudo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fotitudo Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:14 pm

Btw. i have 16 Str. for the Moonlight GS winking

And i must say, im doin pretty well with 0 Poise and 1500 hp.
    But when i remove the RoFaP i have like 1200 hp, which is scary low...

Fighting with 0 poise, makes me better. This is a challenge and every win is a well-earned win!
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Leo ring is great for duels.

Most hits in duels are criticals anyways, and leo boosts them by 40%.
    Fotitudo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fotitudo Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:46 pm

Can you explain the Leo Ring for me?
    I dont get it, i counter an hollow soldier with my Velkas Rapier, no damage increase.

If i kick an enemy, or he bounces of my shield, is this a "counter"?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 pm