Covenant Brainstorming.

About8547Souls
    Addicted
    Addicted

Covenant Brainstorming.

Post by About8547Souls on Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:29 pm

To start this off, I will say that I have been looking around at all of the Covenants we currently have that are active, not active, etc. I am sure I have not seen everything about all of them, but I have gathered a general idea of what they are all about.

The idea of arranging events and duels and many other things excites me, and I feel that much fun could be had through this. Which is apparent as it seems most people here enjoy going to war with one another. It gives them all a chance to show-off and just have fun doing what they like to do.

It would seem like everything has been done already, in terms of activities that someone could have. There are groups that invade, groups that defend, groups that duel, groups that help newbies, etc. So the idea here is to gather up a lot of ideas that may not have been used, whether they were good or bad. Any idea is worth looking at once or twice, and I hope to create something new and interesting here.

My own personal ideas that stand at the forefront of my mind actually revolve around punishing other Covenants. The first being a group that actually hunts the Forest Hunters. A classic the hunter becomes the prey scenario. I have had many ideas about group lore, and one of them that I think could evolve with the release of the DLC is a group that was loyal to Artorias the Abysswalker.

As we know, the Seal of Artorias stated that the forest was filled with thieves and what-not. Perhaps these knights/warriors/whatever of Artorias could be (for now) guarding the grave of their master. The release of DLC could bring a far more in depth purpose for them.

Now that I have mentioned that idea somewhat, I would like to mention another idea.

Guards of the Asylum. As we know, we pretty much bust out of prison and flee to Lordran in the beginning of the game. I know that in game we only see the Asylum Demon guarding the area, but later we even find Black Knights who appear to be guarding the cells in case of another breakout. Of course they are just armor anyway, but that doesn't mean they aren't there to guard it.

So the idea of a group that leaves the Asylum to hunt down and kill/imprison the fleeing Undead is actually entertaining. I even thought of something that would be very painful as well, in the event of a war. Anyone killed in battle by the guards would be banned from their next Covenant event. As a way to symbolize their capture. After that event, they could then be considered free as if they broke out of prison again.

And of course it wouldn't be too awful, in that if the Guards failed they could just try again immediately. They would have to wait a week or so before they could challenge the person who managed to evade capture once more for the right to imprison them. It could even be a best of 5 match, to ensure no fluke caused it.

Those are my current ideas I am entertaining. If anyone else has any input, feel free to throw it down below.

Point Down

"Freeze to death! Freeze to death!"
    "Look! Freezing falling cherry blossoms is cool!"
    "I learned something. Above the clouds, ice tends to stick to me, so I should try to avoid coming here."
    "I'm the strongest!"
    "Yeah. I'm the best."

~ Cirno

Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Re: Covenant Brainstorming.

Post by Ahhotep1 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:51 pm

Nice intro About...now lets see if any of us can come up with some original and fresh input winking

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:34 pm

A princess guard covenant that has cosplays as silver knights, O&S, Gwyn, Black knights, Giants etc. Can coop or duel with RSS.

A covenant who simply declare indiscriminate war with random factions, by this I mean calling them out. This could be covs one the forum, other forums, certain groups of members on our forum, the guys on chatroom on the wiki etc. I'd love to start this, but not sure what kind of reaction I'd get from the Admin/mod team, so I'm a bit hesitant.

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:39 pm

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but, has anyone done a capture the flag type game? But in this case it would be more like capture the general. Two warring covenants would designate one individual to be the "general". Both covenants would meet in a set map area and commence to defend and invade. No holds barred. Each general could summon two covenant members to defend them and the other members could invade, hoping to connect with the opponents general.

Random idea I just came up with, may have been done already, maybe not.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL on Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:20 pm

''The Bonewheel-zombies , protectors of The Catacombs''

''The Painting Guardians , protectors of the Painting'' (duh) :roll:

''Bodyguards of the Boar''

hahaha , invade only in boar area's with fang boar helmet

lol!

Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:04 pm

Those asylum people would be nasty to implement if it was done and you would have to be very careful they were neutral given the sizes of the teams we are working with.

As for hunting the forest hunters. there are plenty of people who try that winking we try to make sure they dont manage too well.

About8547Souls
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by About8547Souls on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Serious_Much wrote:A princess guard covenant that has cosplays as silver knights, O&S, Gwyn, Black knights, Giants etc. Can coop or duel with RSS.

A covenant who simply declare indiscriminate war with random factions, by this I mean calling them out. This could be covs one the forum, other forums, certain groups of members on our forum, the guys on chatroom on the wiki etc. I'd love to start this, but not sure what kind of reaction I'd get from the Admin/mod team, so I'm a bit hesitant.

The Princess Guard Covenant idea was mentioned somewhere else I think, and it would be interesting. Although I don't foresee Darkwraiths wanting to protect her, and Gravelords...well maybe. They would definitely spread misery, although that would be more or less for themselves. Darkmoon would be the only legitimate way to do that if you wanted to follow Lore. Of course that isn't to say that player-made covenants have to follow Lore so strictly.

I'm guessing everyone would simply do battle around Anor Londo, and perhaps Painted World or the Duke's Archives as they are within the city of Anor Londo. Besides, you would be protecting the most valuable chest in the entire game haha.

And I agree that they could cosplay if they wanted, although I wouldn't restrict them to it. Seeing as how your own character is capable of joining and even when you join the Silver Knights and etc. still attack you.

As for the Covenant that attacks everyone indiscriminately... That would be interesting. But not so much for attacking everyone around here, but a squad of elite PvPers who venture out to other forums and challenge their best fighters. That would get activity bustling and we could meet a lot of new players who may end up being very good. Of course if done incorrectly we all know it could mean drama. sad

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:''The Bonewheel-zombies , protectors of The Catacombs''

''The Painting Guardians , protectors of the Painting'' (duh)

''Bodyguards of the Boar''

hahaha , invade only in boar area's with fang boar helmet

That is pretty funny. Although sadly I think that the Lifehunters would be more effective at protecting the Painting xD. If only for the fact that invading someone going to the painting would probably result in them just going in there and totally ignoring you.

The Bonewheel Zombies is also pretty hilarious, and it would cause a lot of pain to invade someone in that area with all of those Bonewheel Zombies. But it seems more like an event than something an entire covenant could be based off of. Same for the Boar idea lol. But I'm sure you knew that :p . Either way, the ideas aren't actually bad if implemented in a fun way. :face:

dancash1808 wrote:Those asylum people would be nasty to implement if it was done and you would have to be very careful they were neutral given the sizes of the teams we are working with.

You're right, and that was the idea. They wouldn't take sides at all, and would serve as something of an outside faction that was the enemy of everyone. When people fought them, they wouldn't be inclined to take it easy either. Because if they lost they would be out of their next event, and that hurts them as much as it hurts their covenant. True that most people are in several covenants, but I think the action itself would be worth the risk. There would have to be a lot of limiters in place though, like how many people you could imprison and all of that.

And maybe the banning from covenant events seems harsh, but it is the only effective way to do it. If you take that character out for 3 days or so it won't bother most people at all. You need something that actually would affect them. I only wish you could invade and etc. inside of the Asylum itself, it would make things much more interesting.

And yes, I know that people unofficially hunt the Forest Hunters lol. But it would bring...method to the madness as one might say. And there could be entire events centered around ruining the days of the Forest Hunters, something everyone usually enjoys. Of course any Darkwraiths or etc. that get caught in the crossfire would sadly be casualties lol.

"I learned something. Above the clouds, ice tends to stick to me, so I should try to avoid coming here."
    "I'm the strongest!"
    "Yeah. I'm the best."

~ Cirno

ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:13 am

yeah you are right , I think painting guardians should def be Darkmoons.

hahah yeah I allready have a bonewheel zombie gravelord roaming the catacombs , maybe I can try to gather people to do the Bonewheel thing as an event for fun , should be hilarious. big grin

The bodyguards of the boar was just somthing silly I came up with while typing lol !

Hollowed

Post by nsane32 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:05 am

how about a covenant that fight the other more powerful one in other words to keep order for example if one convent goes to war well support the one with less members and attack large covenants at random

I will protect my lord till the very end

Au ou Pasnic Morarta

Spoiler:

GT:nsane32
    Steam:nsane32
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:08 am

Thats not a bad idea Nsane, but the members would need to be committed forum goers for it to work, and everyone who is such is usually a member of one of the said popular covenants.

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:11 am

loyalty would be a problem only the more chaotic or unbound would join as many stay loyal to their covenant

Au ou Pasnic Morarta

Spoiler:

About8547Souls
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by About8547Souls on Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:39 am

Yeah, loyalty is a big problem. It isn't that people wouldn't want to be loyal to it though. It's more or less because anyone who joined would likely already be in another covenant and as such they would have duties they need to fulfill. Of course we could have scenarios like this.

Noble Knights vs Darkstalkers

(The group with people who attack larger groups comes in.)

Members are; Random People, Lifehunters, Gravesworn, Assassins of Vinheim, etc.

They support (Whichever group has less, but only to an extent that it equals out.)

-

That is how it would work, and it would indeed work well. Except that some of those people are in Noble Knights/Darkstalkers. So that would decrease it some. It could work out though, it would just take lots of coordination.

Good idea sir.

-

On another note, I was helping my cousin move to her new home today and was amusing myself with thoughts of a trolling Covenant.

The Trolls of Lordran. And their goal would be to simply run around trolling gankers/griefers/Forest Hunters/etc. They would use absolutely absurd tactics, and do their best to simply annoy and waste the time of whoever they fight.

It seems like a cruel move, but it was just an idea I was entertaining and it made me laugh as I imagined the various scenarios. You could make so many gankers in the forest ragequit it wouldn't even be funny lol. Okay, it would never NOT be funny xD.

"I'm the strongest!"
    "Yeah. I'm the best."

~ Cirno

swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris on Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:53 am

There should be a covenant around summoning powerful vagrants.

All hail Prince Amadeous Son of the Goddess Velka
    Join the Messengers http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22165-messengers-of-velka-reign

Dark souls fencing
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22202-new-forum-event-dark-souls-fencing
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:45 pm

Can I just say the assassins of vinheim aren't allowed to do stuff like that? They have to stay neutral so can't back anyone up.. Also they'd be secretly fighting for one side anyway silly

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    About8547Souls
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by About8547Souls on Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:51 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Can I just say the assassins of vinheim aren't allowed to do stuff like that? They have to stay neutral so can't back anyone up.. Also they'd be secretly fighting for one side anyway silly

Of course, and thank you for making sure that people know that just in case anyone reading didn't. My intentions were to use those covenants as an example, since I was simply choosing random names as they came to my mind.

-

As to the idea about summoning vagrants, that would be pretty funny. But the problem with it is that it is somewhat unreliable as to targeting. Doing that might inadvertently grief a newbie, and that is just something that I personally would not like to do. When you are just starting out the game can be tough enough as it is, adding any of the strong vagrants into the mix would be pretty cruel.

Of course that isn't to say that only newbies would be affected. There is no doubt that it would harm more experienced players than newbies. (Although I'm not sure on the numbers of new players, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that it is a much smaller number than experienced players.)

-

I was thinking of another concept for a group, a group with x number of members and each member is picked through a series of trials and tournaments. The members of the group would be considered the most elite warriors of Dark Souls out of all of those who participated, and could represent this forum in challenging other forums/sites/etc. to duels/wars.

It is really just an improved version of an idea that was stated earlier in this topic, but improving on ideas and stating new ones is the purpose of this after all. Anyone here can use any of these ideas they see fit to make their own covenant, as long as they aren't already in use of course. Or if they are, they could get permission from the group using them to incorporate it into their own covenant.

-

That all said, another idea is perhaps not making a covenant. As a covenant usually implies servitude to an ideal, or offering something to that ideal as a token of your hard work and loyalty. (It is a fact in game, aside from Way of White and Princess' Guard. And perhaps to a certain extent the Forest Hunters, although killing intruders is somewhat the same as offering an item.)

A group of warriors could simply decide to work together for their own benefit, with each one only looking to further their own goals. The only reason they work together is because doing that in fact allows them to achieve their goals faster. Whatever it be that makes them join whether it is training, souls, humanity, fun, etc.

They may even restrict themselves to certain armor/weapons sometimes simply to make it more difficult for themselves. They could have a wide arrange of slvls and act something like a mercenary group. Not assassins like the AoV, but a more....un-specialized group of warriors. They could be hired to help equalize wars as well.

Just a thought...

"I'm the strongest!"
    "Yeah. I'm the best."

~ Cirno

MediocritasAurea
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MediocritasAurea on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:34 am

That all said, another idea is perhaps not making a covenant. As a
    covenant usually implies servitude to an ideal, or offering something to
    that ideal as a token of your hard work and loyalty. (It is a fact in
    game, aside from Way of White and Princess' Guard. And perhaps to a
    certain extent the Forest Hunters, although killing intruders is
    somewhat the same as offering an item.)

A group of warriors could
    simply decide to work together for their own benefit, with each one
    only looking to further their own goals. The only reason they work
    together is because doing that in fact allows them to achieve their
    goals faster. Whatever it be that makes them join whether it is
    training, souls, humanity, fun, etc.

They may even restrict
    themselves to certain armor/weapons sometimes simply to make it more
    difficult for themselves. They could have a wide arrange of slvls and
    act something like a mercenary group. Not assassins like the AoV, but a
    more....un-specialized group of warriors. They could be hired to help
    equalize wars as well.

Just a thought...

I have had something similar idea kinda of "mercenary covenant". They work together to get profit and could be hired in wars, for helping as co-op, maybe even kill specific players like an assasin. After you hire them or one of them, you need to give some payment. They could then share payments so that everyone get most profit. For example situation that one get dragon scale for reward and other get blue titanite chunk they could change rewards if they need other's reward more. That would explain why they work together: they get most profit then

Also mercenaries could maybe belong in game covenants, they just won't rank up, because they arent loyal to covenant, they just take good parts from covenant to themselves. Or if they would be allowed to rank up, it would be only that point when they have every covenant items/miracles/pyromancies.

Former Paladin Captain of Noble Knights
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:41 am

The divine conscipts of transient was kinda like a merc cov, but they kinda died too lol. If you want inspiration take a look at them.

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:41 am

MediocritasAurea wrote:

I have had something similar idea kinda of "mercenary covenant". They work together to get profit and could be hired in wars, for helping as co-op, maybe even kill specific players like an assasin. After you hire them or one of them, you need to give some payment. They could then share payments so that everyone get most profit. For example situation that one get dragon scale for reward and other get blue titanite chunk they could change rewards if they need other's reward more. That would explain why they work together: they get most profit then

Also mercenaries could maybe belong in game covenants, they just won't rank up, because they arent loyal to covenant, they just take good parts from covenant to themselves. Or if they would be allowed to rank up, it would be only that point when they have every covenant items/miracles/pyromancies.

You just described a more boring version of the Assassins of vinheim mate silly

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:09 pm

you could form a Fighters Guild but without a ranking system it would die out also if that would be the case then leadership would be granted to the strongest fight such as if someone kills the current lead they became the new one but to keep choas from happening they would need to be a unremoveable leader
    just listing ideas

Au ou Pasnic Morarta

Spoiler:

MediocritasAurea
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MediocritasAurea on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:14 pm

You just described a more boring version of the Assassins of vinheim mate silly

Well I would say they would/could be quite different from each others =). Mercenaries would be more a group of individuals and without any armor or weapon restrictions and maybe without any in game covenant restrictions too.

But well just some thoughts for me

Former Paladin Captain of Noble Knights

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:22 am