Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Forum Pirate
lextune
swordiris
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
FruitPunchNinja
DoughGuy
About8547Souls
RANT
Serious_Much
fearandwhiskey
Darkson
roanispe
Carphil
bloodpixel
Reaperfan
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rynn
21 posters

I miss this era of Dark Souls

roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

I miss this era of Dark Souls - Page 4 Empty Re: I miss this era of Dark Souls

Post by roanispe Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:22 am

I am a Math major, not an Ethicist. Aside from the general advice that a good life encompasses an aesthetic that makes the experience worth the cost, all I know that an endless journey doesn't mean a futile one. It doesn't matter the wins you accumulate when you're 'playing for the win', but the actual attempt to; it is only by working hard you get better. Winning is a validation of the effort put in, but is not worth much by itself. So keep up the good work, you play the same way I do.
    Saxonberserker
    Saxonberserker
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Saxonberserker Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:25 am

An easy fix for the DWGR is to have it not stack with Havels. Makes it a ring for lights and Mids. I think ring of fog could be based on wight also like mybe under 25% equip no lockon under 50% half range lock or something.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:36 am

I'm not, nor have I ever imposed my rules for fun on others. I have fun fighting completely decked out builds in truly competitive hands and the triumph of winning despite the enormity of the effort.

As such, I must strive to be the absolute best and have the most efficient and effective builds I can manage.

The Golden Rule is "treat others as you wish to be treated." Pursuiant to upholding that rule, I must be as ruthless as possible because its how I'd prefer to be fought. If I'm asked to leave because the host isn't enjoying our fights, I do because I respect that being slaughtered or forced to fight on terms one finds distasteful isn't fun.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:43 am

roanispe wrote:It doesn't matter the wins you accumulate when you're 'playing for the win', but the actual attempt to; it is only by working hard you get better. Winning is a validation of the effort put in, but is not worth much by itself.
    Why I don't glitch to win, even in ganks I almost never run or heal.

Last edited by Forum Pirate on Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:43 am

But see, you do see yourself as the best with your wording. Maybe that is the issue, you need to work on your explanations. Because your view of people who aren't competitive seems to be that they are weak, and will lose. Except that there are people who are very good, and beat those who are competitive, but either aren't trying or just don't care. You need to remember those people exist as well Forum.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:50 am

I do not. I lose rather often, to all kinds of players. Once lost to a sl 6 pyro with a handaxe whilst I used a sl 80.

"treator forced to fight on terms one finds distasteful isn't fun" was used specificly to allow room for people more skilled than I who have restrictions I do not.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:55 am

I know, it just comes off in the wording of slaughtered. Just use something like defeated or being killed, because slaughter has a very negative connation to it. There is a bit of a difference between saying, "The enemy was defeated." And "The enemy was slaughtered."
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:02 am

Its intentional.

Losing badly isn't fun, for me at least. Either they lost badly, we we're reasonably close in eithe direction, or I lose badly. Close matches are my favorite, I'm sure many duelists will agree, so the people who are most likely to ask me to leave are the people who never stood a chance and the people who don't like bsing, twop, ugs, the pharis hat or the color blue.

I ment what I said and nothing more. I try to make a habit of doing so, but sarcasm is my vice.

Last edited by Forum Pirate on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:05 am

Then I was right in assuming you think you are better than others. Because say I fought a person and they just went for BS fishing, and beat them. I don't want to play with them, even though I won. It's not because I'm better than them, or they're better than me. It just bores me. Remember, this forum is a place to be friendly, not put others down Forum. As long as you remember that things will always be fine.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:12 am

Tolvo wrote:Then I was right in assuming you think you are better than others. Because say I fought a person and they just went for BS fishing, and beat them. I don't want to play with them, even though I won. It's not because I'm better than them, or they're better than me. It just bores me. Remember, this forum is a place to be friendly, not put others down Forum. As long as you remember that things will always be fine.
    Again, you're wrong. "And the people who don't like bsing, twop, ugs, the pharis hat or the color blue." is an expression to refer to people who may posses any level of skill, who may or may not have beaten me any number of time, but don't like a tactic I use in fights. I have put no one down.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:18 am

You specifically mention people losing against you, but not people winning when mentioning those who wish to play with you. It comes off as a subtle way of trying to say you are the best. I'm merely explaining how others can take the wording, and that using certain words and phrases may cause people to view them as such. Now we can continue to argue about whether or not people can perceive things in certain ways, or we can let this die before it gets any worse. Are you fine with ending it at this point? Because frankly this entire conversation seems so pointless right now as well as off topic for the most part, it's gotten personal.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:01 am

You're reading between the lines. If I thought I was the best, I'd state it outright and be prepared to back it up with force.

I specificly mentioned the people I beat badly, because they're far and away the most likely to ask me to leave, only once has someone who beat me handily asked me to leave.

You also failed to mention how any of this could be taken until you're most recent post. You used " you do see yourself as the best with your wording" and "Then I was right in assuming you think you are better than others," outright stating that it is how you see what I'm saying, not how others might see it.

I could see you're varying schpiels a patronizing, a highly irritating tone and clear indication that one sees themselves as superior at least in respect to the current conversation, and rapid quantifiers to modify the original meaning of your posts to save face, but I figured it was better to explain myself than get upset. I didn't point these things out to preserve the civility of the discussion, because I have no way of knowing what you believe (I can't stress this enough, I'm not making accusations), and because they were irrelevant to the discussion until you mentioned "how others can take my wording."

I am perfectly fine letting it die now, I was fine letting it die a while ago, but you insisted on criticising, and I don't make a habit of allowing public criticism to stand. For future reference, if it wasn't apparent, I have a fierce sense of pride.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:07 am

I don't see what my views have at all to do with the concept of how others may view things? Yes I have asserted I have certain beliefs in regards to your attitude, as you have no to me. This is why I felt it was getting too personal, but at the same time that doesn't diminish the point either. Personal attacks such as this are pointless Forum, and as I've mentioned it is doing nothing but making us both appear to be people with bloated prides and Ego. So why don't we both stop before this gets to the point where we both require warnings from a moderator? This entire discussion has been irrelevant as is, and off topic. If anything, we should take it to PM's. But even then I don't wish to continue this because it will only go down a darker path. So for the sake of others, let's end this. You can get the last word in that is fine, there is nothing wrong with presenting your side. Let's just put this to an end as soon as possible, alright?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:20 am

I didn't make a personal attack. Not once.

I even stated that I didn't see you how your posts could come across, which I only mentioned to illustrate how every post can have "subtext" and why I don't bother to acknowledge such subtext.

At every turn I applied logic to both sides, stated my motivation or opinion on how I play, and defended them from your probes.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:21 am

I think a simple solution to the dwgr is to just have it not able to be used with medium/heavy armor. I agree that bringing this up all the time is kind of a downer. Only thing is i also agree its a broken item. Seeing flipping mom tanks ruins the game for me at this point. While playing demons souls if someone told you in the next game everyone would be wearing super heavy armor and masks while ninja flipping around, would you have believed that? It ruins the atmosphere, along with being unbalanced. I truly hope from realizes the mistake they made with that ring, if they dont oh well :|
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:24 pm

roanispe wrote:
    Right Click and View Image:

Quite possibly the best post ever. lol.
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:26 pm

Carphil wrote:^you missed the most important part:

"Thats how you would say if things were different:"

Sorry if I understood wrong, but Would is a very powerful word and can completely change one text

I did notice the would. Thanks for the english lesson though. However putting would in front of something doesnt change the fact that youre putting words in someone elses mouth...keyboard...Also the first part of my reply was about something you said before would.

You did understand my first post wrong clearly...but thats probably my fault for not wording things properly. Either way Im not going back over it. Any debate over this subject is pointless and never ending. We appear to be making similar points anyway...

Have a nice day.I miss this era of Dark Souls - Page 4 1361424789
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:24 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Its intentional.

Losing badly isn't fun, for me at least. Either they lost badly, we we're reasonably close in eithe direction, or I lose badly. Close matches are my favorite, I'm sure many duelists will agree.
    I would not actually. I feel a surge of power whenever I wipe an opponent off the screen in a flawless victory. I like close matches, but not nearly as much as when I can go, "You see that pile of ash? THAT WAS YOU!"
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:37 pm

It was really just easier to kill people.

But god they have to bring back "you defeated"
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:38 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:But god they have to bring back "you defeated"

I agree, seeing that was so much more satisfying, also "You lit the bonfire" rather than "bonfire lit" is better lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm