Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Does the Dusk Crown Affect Miracles?

Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Does the Dusk Crown Affect Miracles?  Empty Does the Dusk Crown Affect Miracles?

Post by Federally Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:16 pm

So I've been told by both FamousAmos and Tolvo Dusk Crown doesn't affect miracles, I didn't believe them so its time to test!

I'm on my SL120 Dex/Fth build testing on the hollows in the duel area, I'm on NG. My character has 45 Fth, and with a Darkmoon Talisman 208 Magic Adjust. I'll test a few spells.

WoG:
    Without Crown:

Hollow Warrior 525 Dmg
    Crossbow Soldier: 525 Dmg
    Spear Soldier 524 Dmg/209 Shield Up

With Crown:

Hollow Warrior: 630 Dmg
    Crossbow Soldier: 630 Dmg
    Spear Soldier: 639 Dmg/252 Dmg

Great Lightning Spear:

Without Crown:
    All Same 562 Dmg and 252 through shield

With Crown
    All Same: 675 Dmg and 275 through shield

Heal

Without Crown

Healed from 206 to 831, so 625 HP

With Crown

Healed from 175 to 800, so 625 HP

So Dusk Crown buffs offensive miracles, but not heals. Now you know
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Does the Dusk Crown Affect Miracles?  Empty Re: Does the Dusk Crown Affect Miracles?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:21 pm

I always thought it did...
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Does the Dusk Crown Affect Miracles?  Empty Re: Does the Dusk Crown Affect Miracles?

Post by Federally Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:24 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I always thought it did...

So did I, then two very good players told me it didn't. So I had to test.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:08 pm

I woulda had your back. I've used it to wog a certain pair of campers in the Forest to hell
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:22 pm

Yeah, the dusk crown boosts everything -- magic, miracles, and pyro. A lesser known fact is that the 30% reduction in magic defense you take as a tradeoff also applies to melee damage from magic-type elemental weapons. You can do really obscene damage to someone wearing a dusk crown if you backstab them with a magic/enchanted weapon (particularly if you also have an Int build that the weapon scales with).
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:32 pm

befowler wrote:Yeah, the dusk crown boosts everything -- magic, miracles, and pyro. A lesser known fact is that the 30% reduction in magic defense you take as a tradeoff also applies to melee damage from magic-type elemental weapons. You can do really obscene damage to someone wearing a dusk crown if you backstab them with a magic/enchanted weapon (particularly if you also have an Int build that the weapon scales with).

Wait, so the Crown of Dusk buffs a MLGS?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:02 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    befowler wrote:Yeah, the dusk crown boosts everything -- magic, miracles, and pyro. A lesser known fact is that the 30% reduction in magic defense you take as a tradeoff also applies to melee damage from magic-type elemental weapons. You can do really obscene damage to someone wearing a dusk crown if you backstab them with a magic/enchanted weapon (particularly if you also have an Int build that the weapon scales with).

Wait, so the Crown of Dusk buffs a MLGS?
    No.
    He is saying the dusk crown drops magic defense, includin defense against weapons with magic damage.

Ring of the Suns Firstborn, + Ring of the Sun Princess, + Dusk Crown?
    920 damage Wrath of Gods.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:22 pm

It also makes DMB hurt a lot! Lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 am