Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Anyone else had a problem with PS3 System Update?

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Anyone else had a problem with PS3 System Update? Empty Anyone else had a problem with PS3 System Update?

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:12 pm

Read a letter on GC Inbox where someone had downloaded the latest system update & then found all his saves were corrupted. Now I daren't switch mine on in case this happens to me & I lose all my hard won progress in Dark Souls. Has anyone else had a problem?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Anyone else had a problem with PS3 System Update? Empty Re: Anyone else had a problem with PS3 System Update?

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Slake, this just happens if something goes wrong with the download, like if you lose internet connection or the PS3 screws up etc.

One time because of my faulty downloading of an update, my PS3 broke. It's not a common occurrence, but possible.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Anyone else had a problem with PS3 System Update? Empty Re: Anyone else had a problem with PS3 System Update?

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:25 am

Serious_Much wrote:Slake, this just happens if something goes wrong with the download, like if you lose internet connection or the PS3 screws up etc.

One time because of my faulty downloading of an update, my PS3 broke. It's not a common occurrence, but possible.

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply Serious.

This kind of thing just shouldn't happen though. Sony need to get their online service sorted and soon. Another thing that hacks me off no end is that they don't tell you how many megs a download eats up or what precisely you're downloading. I once waited for over an hour while it downloaded an update so I could use the Playstation Move, which I don't possess, for 'Heavy Rain', a game which I hated and no longer possessed. Also, I'm never sure whether you have to download these system updates or not, it never seems to say.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:31 am

Usually you will have to download them when yo get the newest releases.

For the first two years of me having a PS3 I had no internet. The updates were programmed on the new games though.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:04 am

Slake it's more that if you don't download updates, then you can't play online (though dunno why I had to download updates to play heavy rain for move.. WHICH I DIDNT HAVE :| )

I think that it's not an issue with the updating, just if it goes wrong. When I rang up sony they explained it as if the system is turned off while updating, or the internet goes etc. It can cause the software to screw up which could happen to anything really.

To be honest I think it's just for online play and trophies. Then if you get a super new game you may have to download a PS3 system update so it can run that game.. Though I just roll with it and download everything sony tells me to like a good boy.
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:50 pm

Serious you obviously haven't watched the human centipad lol (do you guys get south park in England?)
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:38 pm

Southpark is on every day on Viva (if you have that channel..), but yes I watch it loads it's hilarious.

It's just because it **** in Kyle's mouth winking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:44 am