Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

CoffinMistress - Dual Wielding DEX Build

ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

CoffinMistress - Dual Wielding DEX Build Empty CoffinMistress - Dual Wielding DEX Build

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:14 pm

I highly recommend choosing a FEMALE , with slim physique , braided hair (black or silver) , pale white skin & wear a thief's mask at all times.

I chose the nickname ''the impaler'' because of the left handed Silver Knight Spear.

I have to say that this is one of my most succesfull builds , offcourse the great scythe is allready awesome by it's self ,

it has high damage , an awesome moveset , dead angling & perfect reach , but combining it with the SKS allows for a whole different approach.

The offhand SKS allows for excellent use of the Great Scythe's single handed moveset ., and both weapons have excellent reach.

I love zoning with this build , it's the perfect setup to do so , especially if the opponent is wielding a shield.

The Great Scythe's rolling R1 has less startup frames than a regular R1 , remember that and learn to make good use of it.

The most difficult matchups for this build are peope (with katana's) who don't give you any room to zone or breath., but in matches where you have the upper hand , this is a very strong build if used wisely.

You can swap out the Dark Hand for Silver Knight's Shield which looks amazing on this build , has high stability , and an excellent parry window

Use mindgames baits and setups to become succesfull & equip green blossoms and poisonous throwing knives , a long with other items of your choosing !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

CoffinMistress http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4082635521240687

Last edited by ZikoLogiKa NL on Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:06 am; edited 2 times in total
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

CoffinMistress - Dual Wielding DEX Build Empty Re: CoffinMistress - Dual Wielding DEX Build

Post by DamageCK Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:20 pm

Dual wield ftw.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

CoffinMistress - Dual Wielding DEX Build Empty Re: CoffinMistress - Dual Wielding DEX Build

Post by Wisp Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:46 pm

I can't get the han dof this dual wield stuff sad
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:33 pm

Took me a hot minute to get used to not having the option to block, but dodging is just as effective. Make sure to utilize parries and kicks. Even if you've got a strength weapon in your right hand, kick 'em and then give 'em a good pop with the offhand dex weapon. Just give some thought to having a whole variety of attacks. That way you've got all your bases covered and you're far less predictable.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:57 pm

^That's funny, I just never got used to having the option to block! In my first playthrough of all, I rarely used my shield. Then my second playthrough was a thief right away, so I just got used to parry or nothing. This was back in october! And I never really used a shield since. I definitely love dual wielding!

I'm not a big fan of spears in the offhand, but if they work well for you with a great scythe, then great! That does sound like a good setup for blind parries, too. Your weapons will give you the range advantage on most opponents, so you know when they get within striking range of you they'll be eager to hit. So you can easily switch to your dark hand and catch them by surprise.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:59 am

I have to say that this is one of my most succesfull builds , offcourse the great scythe is allready awesome by it's self ,

it has high damage , an awesome moveset , dead angling & perfect reach , but combining it with the SKS allows for a whole different approach. big grin

The most difficult matchups for this build are peope (with katana's) who don't give you any room to zone or breath., but in matches where you have the upper hand , this is a very strong build if used wisely.

I only recently started to block with offhand spears but only when low on health ,and depending on the opponents weapon . It works pretty good and can be a life-safer allowing for a comeback.

Im no parrying hero in PvP but Im a dedicated dual wielder , and I love it.

I love being a projectile rather then a target with a shield. :pirat:
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:23 am

DamageCK wrote:Took me a hot minute to get used to not having the option to block, but dodging is just as effective. Make sure to utilize parries and kicks. Even if you've got a strength weapon in your right hand, kick 'em and then give 'em a good pop with the offhand dex weapon. Just give some thought to having a whole variety of attacks. That way you've got all your bases covered and you're far less predictable.

It's not the lack of blocking i have trouble with, it's incorporating the off hand attacks into my strategy. I've been using BSS right, CB left.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:55 am

Haha. I do the same thing. BSS/Clay on the right.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:41 pm