Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Occult Onion

FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Occult Onion  Empty Occult Onion

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:17 pm

Ok, i had two warrior builds that were exactly the same(one was sl100 and other was sl115). I decided to turn the sl100 build into an "Occult Onion". Its not really occult, but its a funny name for it. Its just a warrior build with a bit of faith.Debating going to sl125.What do you think?

http://tinyurl.com/7xrdok6 VS http://tinyurl.com/83xq93g

edit: was also thinking of starting a whole new build(dont really want to) http://tinyurl.com/7bzwsv2
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Occult Onion  Empty Re: Occult Onion

Post by RANT Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:02 pm

i like the second one and the third one. use the mail breaker on the third one too, that thing is cool.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:21 pm

I only use the mail breaker if i cant carry the rapier. I do think the mailbreaker is a great weapon, people write it off cause rapier is clearly better. It has the advantage of being a pound lighter, and really doesnt do all that much less dmg. Its better then settling for a bandits knife or dagger imo. I use them mainly for crit dmg obviously, but its really helpful and more useful to be able to attack from behind your shield. If i use a bandits knife(which i think does more dmg then mail breaker) i literally only use it for ripostes and backstabs.

I tryed this build out for a bit, i just really do not like using spells. I do pretty well with pyro for some reason though. I am starting to think that a pure warrior build might beat out dex/pyro as being my favorite type of build. This is my favorite build at the moment, i know it is not original what so ever.
    http://tinyurl.com/6qs3d8d

I did end up switching to claymore, but because of the length/range rather then the move sets. Claymore just has that little bit of added range that really makes a difference.Also, even though i dont like too i switch to a chaos/lightning rapier when i deal with the black iron/giants mom builds.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:29 pm

looks good, i love my warrior build but i think im gonna optimise it since i dont use pyro all that much so im dropping it to only one att slot, this is what its gonna look like http://tinyurl.com/7b3q8mk
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Nice, i've been foolin around with other weapons other then GreatSwords or Ultra also. Don't you love the wolf+rofap combo? It lets me make builds the way i want with out gimping them to the point of being garbage. Havent used the dwgr since i started using that combo.

I've been trying a lot of weapons lately that i never would have thought i would do well with. Broadsword(love the R2),War Pick(it does good dmg and i think people underestimate it),and the Lucerne(im not that good with it, still like it though big grin). Oh and the Cestus, love the r2 combo. Theres still a few i wanna try. We talked about this before, but switching from a greatsword(or main wpn) and riposting with a Battle Axe or War Pick is so satisfying. Plus it just looks so bad *** 8) just not so much when you fail :oops: Honestly kinda wish i could just have the animation you get from hornets, just not the added dmg.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:31 pm

i do love that combo, it doesnt gimp your build at all, you get to have 50 vit which with rofp its 1800 total and have most weapons be at their strongest even without buff. try lucerne with leo ring, two handed running attack does about 1k damage. i love riposting with the battle axe and wear the hr a lot since i love the animation.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:22 pm

also, have you noticed how everyone is going back to no buffs? and pure damage, i actually like no buffs better, you get more damage out of the weapons which you wouldnt normally use with a buff build since you have to sacrifice either str or dex. whenbuffs run out youre weapon is not gonna be as good, specially dex weapons and the 40/40 builds are always strong as ***, one of the strongest builds in the game, with 27str and 40 dex i can riposte for 1k with my halberd and i love it.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:34 pm

I have noticed, a lot less elemental weapons at higher soul levels. They are kind of weak against someone with giants or havels since it has such good physical defense. Thats why i keep an elemental rapier ready for those ***. Ive gotten so sick of the mom/heavy armor players i just basically chain bs them whenever possible. Its crazy sometimes, with the giants/moms vit builds it can take 2 backstabs from a lightning/chaos rapier(no hornet) to take them down to even half life. Do to the item swap glitch EVERYONE has 99 humanity now always!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 pm