You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Share
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:13 am

    Imagine me writing in a cool roleplaying manner all of the things you just said... you did too much in a single post for me to keep track of while writing a still alright narration. (You also did more then I'm comfortable with someone doing during a single post, just a future FYI)

    Nothing has posed a thread so far, this was totally the right way!

    You see a phantom floating towards you, it is uncertain if this is hostile right now.

    Please select an item from your inventory to replace for the Estoc.
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:16 am

    Sorry. I'll keep concise from here on out. And I drop my club.

    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:20 am

    Very well.
    My last post should have been punctuated with "what do you do."
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:23 am

    Not quite understanding what these blueish hands do that I picked up I stash them but do not use one. As I cross the bridge I run into two frightening specters. I cannot attack them or block their attacks. In a panic I just run around dodging their attacks, in a panic I spot a brilliant shiny (FK soul) and I run to it ignoring the ghosts...

    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:29 am

    Presuming this chain of actions is not disrupted of course.

    Two angry spirits have assaulted you, you hastily attempt to dodge the first attack, but you get hit instead! [83 rolled] You suffer 140 damage.
    The second attack from the other spirit comes reeling from your left side, you roll and 11, and race pace it unscathed.
    Limping, you grab the soul, it sparkles in your hands, and you can tell it is very significant and powerful. You turn around and discover you are surrounded.

    You are in combat!
    Angry Spirit[1]; 100%
    Angry Spirit[2]; 100%
    Angry Spirit[3]; 100%
    Angry Spirit[4]; 100%
    Angry Spirit[5]; 100%

    There is too many targets to concentrate on their movements.

    You have 476/616 HP remaining.
    What will you do?

    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:31 am

    I know I'm **** here. Let's just say I fight valiantly but the end result is...

    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:33 am

    You use the Darksign to return home.

    You are at the firelink shrine.
    You have 616 HP.
    You have 4 arrows.
    You have 1 Humanity
    You have 1 Firekeeper Soul
    These are your stats.

    Upon death, or returning to any bonfire, I will be giving this summary in the future.

    What will you do?
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:37 am

    Cool. I have this new soul but I don't know what it does. I'll hold on to it for now. Now, I've never been accused of being a genius but I do know now that both ghosts and skeletons are out of my league.

    The armored man also mentioned an "above," this time I spot a winding staircase up. I work my way towards it...

    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:39 am

    You make your way up the large staircase. To your frustration, it leads to a large shaft that, while heading upwards, you have no manner in which to scale. This is a dead end.
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:45 am

    Durn it. I spot an aqueduct/bridge, there appears to more armored foes there. I make my way there but not before picking up the Firebombs in Firelink.

    - If I need to drop something for the Firebombs, then just forget about them.

    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:50 am

    You had one more slot for firebombs.
    You pick up the firebombs, then approach the Aquaduct. You see more of the armored foes from the Asylum. One of them has spotted you, but the others are blissfully unaware of your presence.

    You are in combat.

    Lesser Hollow Warrior[1]; 100% HP
    Lesser Hollow Warrior[2]: 100% HP, unaware
    Lesser Hollow Warrior[3]: 100% HP, unaware
    Lesser Hollow Beserk Warrior: 100% HP, unaware
    Hollow Warrior: 100% HP, unaware.

    What do you do?
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:52 am

    I am not strong enough to take on 5 enemies at a time, so I lure the one who's attuned to my presence down to the bottom of the stairs. I get some distance between me and him and chuck a firebomb at him.

    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:58 am

    Lesser Hollow Warrior 1 chases you down the hill.
    >Lesser hollow warrior rolled a 30, it needs a 1 X 8.8 to dodge.
    Your firebomb collides with it's body, and the fire consumes it's body entirely. The warrior is dead. You have 5 firebombs remaining.

    You are in combat.

    Lesser Hollow Warrior[1]: 100% HP, unaware
    Lesser Hollow Warrior[2]: 100% HP, unaware
    Lesser Hollow Beserk Warrior: 100% HP, unaware
    Hollow Warrior: 100% HP, unaware.
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:01 am

    I notice that the heavily armored soldier at the edge of the hill will not approach me if I do not get very close to him. As such, I leave him at his pleasure and do not trigger his aggro. I do, however, make a little more forward progress along the left side of the stairs.

    Maybe a few more mobs know that I'm around now...

    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:05 am

    A fire bomb collides with you before you even see it coming! You have suffered 80 HP in damages. A lesser hollow warrior is rushing towards you.

    You are in combat.

    Lesser Hollow Warrior[1]: 100% HP
    Lesser Hollow Warrior[2]: 100% HP
    Lesser Hollow Beserk Warrior: 100% HP, unaware

    Lesser Hollow[2] pulls out a firebomb.
    Lesser Hollow[1] sails through the air in an inhuman jumping attack.

    You have 536/616 HP.
    What do you do?
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:10 am

    Against my better judgement I attempt to parry Lesser Hollow[1]'s lunging attack. Whether or not this action is successful I roll away from the range of the firebomber and pop an Estus.

    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:17 am

    You roll a 100. Critical Failure.
    You not only fail to parry, but manage to place your face right into the path of the blade. You take a mortifying 290 damage.
    The Firebomb hits you squarely in the chest while you are staggering, you take 90 damage.
    Your action was interupted.

    You are in combat.

    Lesser Hollow Warrior[1]: 100% HP
    Lesser Hollow Warrior[2]: 100% HP
    Lesser Hollow Beserk Warrior: 100% HP, unaware

    Lesser Hollow Warrior[1] raises it's sword above it's head.
    Lesser Hollow Warrior[2] Pulls out a fire bomb.

    You have 256/616 Hp, what will you do?
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:21 am

    Fairly confident that the firebomber will not chase me down the stairs I bring Lesser Hollow[1] down with me where we can fight mano-a-mano. Here I play it safe, I allow him the first attack but I block it with my driftwood shield. As he is staggered I attack him my sword. After he is dealt with I drink two flasks.

    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:25 am

    You block the Hollow Warrior's blow, taking 6 damage.
    You swing your weapon!
    Hollow Warrior rolls a 1! Needs a 2 or lower to dodge.
    The hollow warrior nimbly dodges out of the way.
    With the threat not being dispatched, you do not feel safe to heal.

    You are in combat.

    Lesser Hollow Warrior[1]: 100% HP
    Lesser Hollow Warrior[2]: 100% HP
    Lesser Hollow Beserk Warrior: 100% HP, unaware

    Lesser Hollow Warrior[1] Shakes with fury.
    Lesser Hollow Warrior[2] Continues throwing firebombs in your general direction. It's actions are fruitless, but leave questions of where it's getting all the firebombs from.
    Lesser Hollow Beserk Warrior picks his nose.

    You have 250/616 HP.
    What do you do?
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:28 am

    I rolled a 100 and a 1, what are the chances?

    Despite that bit of unluck, I repeat the process, believing this can't happen twice in a row. I heal after he is killed.

    - If he dodges this again, I'm done and I'll let someone else take the reins.

    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:34 am

    >He rolls a 46.
    You block, taking 6 damage.
    You block, taking 6 damage.
    You block, taking 6 damage.
    Hollow Warrior is stunned.

    You strike him several times, ending his life.

    You heal for 150 HP
    You heal for 150 HP

    You have 532/616 HP.

    You are in combat.

    Lesser Hollow Warrior: 100% HP
    Lesser Hollow Beserk Warrior: 100% HP, unaware

    Lesser Hollow Warrior is still blindly throwing firebombs.
    Lesser Hollow Beserk Warrior is now eating it's boogers.

    What do you do?
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:38 am

    Understanding that this seemingly halcyon world is fraught with peril I decide that every step I take I do so with my shield held up. I hope that this will at least somewhat negate the damage of the warrior's seemingly endless supplies of firebombs. Should I run into another warrior wielding a Battle Axe coming to ambush me (perhaps?) I lead him down the stairs and repeat the formula.

    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:13 am

    I'm sorry, I wish to sleep.
    We will continue later.
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:15 am

    lol. ok.

    avatar
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 149
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2012-07-02
    Location : Anor Londo

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by VinheimProfessor on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:13 pm

    This format reminds me of a Multi User Dungeon.


    _________________
    An adept of the Vinheim School who decided to follow in the foot steps of the legendary Big Hat Logan as they wandered Lordran in the pursuit of more power and knowledge.

    Sponsored content

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:05 am