You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Share
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:58 am

    Bcc17 wrote:I attempt to write a Monster Manual, Core Rulebook, and DM Guide for a Dark Souls themed D&D quest.
    I actually have constructed these for my reference.
    There have been 3 deaths so far.
    Now there was so many replies, i gotta leave the current screen i'm on to reply to the actual adventure silly
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:00 am

    You roll a 67. You greatly mistime your swing, and the warrior gets a brutal blow to your chest. (190) You stagger backwards, but while you're reeling from the blow, you take an additional hit. (97)

    You have 228/616 HP
    You are in combat!
    You are equipped like so.
    You have in your inventory.
    2 arrows
    2 firebombs
    2 black sprites.
    10 estus flask+1 charges [Firekeepers Blessing]
    6 homeward bones
    Empty Slot
    [1 silver coin]

    L.Hollow Soldier 100%

    The hollow warrior jumps high in the air, sailing directly towards you.
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:02 am

    also please note we are in the undead burg: where everything is insanely easy. We're not even to the first "challenging" part of the burg. I'm not being merciful, it's just pretty hard to die here.... yet someones managed to do it.
    avatar
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 523
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-08-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Here, there, Everywhere

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by ThatPerson on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:05 am

    Suffering from the blow, I step back and use one of my remaining firebombs and use an Estus.


    _________________
    PSN: ThatPersona

    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1721
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-07-30

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by IV_Mark_VI on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:11 am

    You are invaded. The invader is wearing a strange mask, and is literally wearing a Panzer tank as a body. Everything in the world freezes suddenly. He disappears.

    Suddenly, everything unfreezes. His tank gun, which is electric and on fire, shoots through your body from behind. As he pulls it out, he fires, sending your body into a million pieces. He slaps his forehead and shakes his head, indicating you are a pathetic noob. You are very dead.

    Play again?

    Sorry Rynn, very interesting what you have going here. Have fun!


    _________________
    XBox Gamertag: VI Mark IV
    PSN: VI_Mark_IV
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:13 am

    You roll a 47.
    You nonchalantly throw the firebomb, but it sails directly over the enemies head. Not paying attention, you start to drink from your flask, but you are interupted by it's blade. (97)

    You have been knocked backwards, and down onto the ground.

    You have 131/616 HP
    You are in combat!
    You are equipped like so.
    You have in your inventory.
    2 arrows
    2 firebombs
    2 black sprites.
    9 estus flask+1 charges [Firekeepers Blessing]
    6 homeward bones
    Empty Slot
    [1 silver coin]

    L.Hollow Soldier 100%


    And mark, i roll a die during every post if the player is human. If it's a 1, you get invaded. If it's then above 95, it's a "griefer"... although based on the way this game plays, griefers are very beatable and not as dangerous as in the real game.
    avatar
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 523
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-08-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Here, there, Everywhere

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by ThatPerson on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:18 am

    RNG Gods why

    In a last ditch attempt, I two-hand my Estoc and go in for a strong, two handed attack.


    _________________
    PSN: ThatPersona
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:22 am

    As you climb to your feet, the warrior gets another blow (97), but struggling though the pain, you hold your blade with two hands and use the warrior as a makeshift sheath.

    You have 36/616 HP
    You are in combat!
    You are equipped like so.
    You have in your inventory.
    2 arrows
    1 firebombs
    2 black sprites.
    9 estus flask+1 charges [Firekeepers Blessing]
    6 homeward bones
    Empty Slot
    [1 silver coin]

    You have a building on your left, and on your right. Inbetween the two building is a broken suspension bridge.
    avatar
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 523
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-08-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Here, there, Everywhere

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by ThatPerson on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:48 am

    I advance to the right.


    _________________
    PSN: ThatPersona
    avatar
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11862
    Reputation : 319
    Join date : 2012-02-29
    Age : 23
    Location : The Bakery of Souls, Sydney

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by DoughGuy on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:49 am

    I suggest chugging some estus lol.


    _________________
    There's more to them - Want to know why your favourite NPC is in lordran? Find out here.
    Farewell to my Noble Knights, while we lived we were mighty. May we meet again in the next game.
    The post that started the legend XD
    avatar
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 523
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-08-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Here, there, Everywhere

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by ThatPerson on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:53 am

    Go away, Dough! Or I'll beat you with my Plank Shield!


    _________________
    PSN: ThatPersona
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:55 am

    You enter a house that has 3 pillars in the back. You see a long deceased man laying against a wall, and staring at the corpse, you feel a power come over you... you think you're stronger then before.

    There is a staircase going upwards.

    You have 36/616 HP
    You are not in combat!
    You are equipped like so.
    You have in your inventory.
    2 arrows
    1 firebombs
    2 black sprites.
    9 estus flask+1 charges [Firekeepers Blessing]
    6 homeward bones
    Empty Slot
    [1 silver coin]

    what do you do?

    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1721
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-07-30

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by IV_Mark_VI on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:56 am

    Chug an estus flask.


    _________________
    XBox Gamertag: VI Mark IV
    PSN: VI_Mark_IV
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:02 am

    +150X2 HP.

    You have 336/616 HP
    You are not in combat!
    You are equipped like so.
    You have in your inventory.
    2 arrows
    1 firebombs
    2 black sprites.
    10 estus flask+1 charges [Firekeepers Blessing]
    6 homeward bones
    Empty Slot
    [1 silver coin]
    avatar
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 523
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-08-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Here, there, Everywhere

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by ThatPerson on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:06 am

    I get out and advance to the building to my left, shield and weapon raised.


    _________________
    PSN: ThatPersona

    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1721
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-07-30

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by IV_Mark_VI on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:12 am

    ... chug another estus flask!


    _________________
    XBox Gamertag: VI Mark IV
    PSN: VI_Mark_IV

    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1721
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-07-30

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by IV_Mark_VI on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:12 am

    Hey Rynn, it said 9 flasks, then we chugged one, now you have 10 flasks. Is that right?


    _________________
    XBox Gamertag: VI Mark IV
    PSN: VI_Mark_IV
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:28 am

    IV_Mark_VI wrote:Hey Rynn, it said 9 flasks, then we chugged one, now you have 10 flasks. Is that right?
    It says 8 on my spreadsheet, i probably just typed it wrong when posting the info here.

    You move to the building on your left. There is a broken staircase, that if you were more dexterous, you think you could climb. There is nothing else of note in this house.

    You sip thoughtfully on your estus.

    You have 616/616 HP
    You are not in combat!
    You are equipped like so.
    You have in your inventory.
    2 arrows
    1 firebombs
    2 black sprites.
    7 estus flask+1 charges [Firekeepers Blessing]
    6 homeward bones
    Empty Slot
    [1 silver coin]
    avatar
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 523
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-08-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Here, there, Everywhere

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by ThatPerson on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:32 am

    After a drink, I go back from when the Undead warrior attacked me, and went the other way.


    _________________
    PSN: ThatPersona
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:41 am

    You climb up the staircase, and walk out onto an expansive bridge leading to a plaza. Before you can admire everything, a dragon flies down from the mountainside. It's foot crashes right onto the path, barring your path forward, and knocking you back into the doorway.

    You have 616/616 HP
    You are in combat!
    You are equipped like so.
    You have in your inventory.
    2 arrows
    1 firebombs
    2 black sprites.
    7 estus flask+1 charges [Firekeepers Blessing]
    6 homeward bones
    Empty Slot
    [1 silver coin]

    Terrifying Dragon 100%
    The dragon breathes in, you expect the worst.
    avatar
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 523
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-08-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Here, there, Everywhere

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by ThatPerson on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:43 am

    I immediately retreat back into the doorway, taking out a bow to try shooting off its tail.


    _________________
    PSN: ThatPersona

    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1721
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-07-30

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by IV_Mark_VI on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:44 am

    Take the closest available cover that is stone and dive behind it.


    _________________
    XBox Gamertag: VI Mark IV
    PSN: VI_Mark_IV
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:51 am

    You duck back behind cover, and pull out your bow, you whip back around the corner to shoot it, and as you ta- HEY! The dragon breathes fire through the doorway, lighting the tip of your arrow on fire, but slightly baking you in the process. (30)

    You have 586/616 HP
    You are in combat!
    You are equipped like so.
    You have in your inventory.
    2 arrows <1 arrow is on fire and will be destroyed if not used soon>
    1 firebombs
    2 black sprites.
    7 estus flask+1 charges [Firekeepers Blessing]
    6 homeward bones
    Empty Slot
    [1 silver coin]

    Terrifying Dragon 100%
    The dragon breathes in, but it's motives are a complete enigma to you.
    avatar
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 523
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-08-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Here, there, Everywhere

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by ThatPerson on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:53 am

    Seeing the arrow on fire, I decide it to use it to my advantage. The bow's durabillity might be decreased, but this arrow will be stronger, so I decide to aim for the tail once more.


    _________________
    PSN: ThatPersona

    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1721
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-07-30

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by IV_Mark_VI on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:57 am

    Drop the arrow, take serious cover moving back into the house towards the other exit.


    _________________
    XBox Gamertag: VI Mark IV
    PSN: VI_Mark_IV

    Sponsored content

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:15 am