You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Share
    avatar
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Cali

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by cloudyeki on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:39 pm

    I go for a headshot with my bow at the nearest of the hollow, readying my estoc afterwards.


    _________________
    Spoiler:

    Props to BindMind for the sig!
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:48 pm

    The arrow wizzes wildly through the air, slamming directly into the warriors head, instantly killing me. The other warrior screams, and charges towards you. You instinctively draw your estoc, and hold your shield in a defensive position.

    Another warrior has walked around the corner, he is investigating the noise, but he hasn't noticed you just yet.

    You have 500/616 HP
    You are in combat!
    You are equiped like so.

    L.Hollow Soldier 100% [HA]
    L.Hollow Soldier[2] 100% [HA][UA]

    The hollow soldier jumps high in the air! If you don't move, he'll land on top of you!
    You are on a staircase.

    What do you do?
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:36 pm

    I stay back, seeing as I'm being charged at and I sure as heck don't want to draw any added attention. I fight him straight up, knowing that eventually my superior combat skills and my superior weaponry will win me the fight.

    After the mob is dealt with, I heal.

    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:59 am

    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I stay back, seeing as I'm being charged at and I sure as heck don't want to draw any added attention. I fight him straight up, knowing that eventually my superior combat skills and my superior weaponry will win me the fight.

    After the mob is dealt with, I heal.

    You have engaged in mortal combat!
    The Hollow Warrior Rolls a 3, you readily block it, taking 8 damage.
    You roll a 99, your estoc pierces it's heart, surely winning the battle... if it had one.
    The hollow warrior rolls a 34, you take 97 damage.
    You roll a 4, your attack is easily dodged.
    The hollow warrior rolls a 6, you take 97 damage.
    You roll a 26, your estoc pierces it's arm, and it falls over, dead on the spot.

    The other hollow warrior has noticed you, it readies a firebomb.

    You have 198/616 HP
    You are in combat!
    You are equipped like so.

    L.Hollow Soldier[HA] 100%
    The hollow soldier pulls it's arm back, and prepares to throw a firebomb.

    What do you do?
    avatar
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 523
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-08-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Here, there, Everywhere

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by ThatPerson on Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:07 am

    As the hollow soldier throws his firebomb, I roll towards it, hopefully dodging it. Then, with my shield up, I run towards the soldier and stab him with my estoc.


    _________________
    PSN: ThatPersona
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:19 am

    Before i make this post, i need to say your HP has been increased by 97. I had a calculation error and declared you got hit on a hit you dodged!

    You rolled a 32.
    You're halfway through the roll when you feel the heat on your back, by the time you're back to your feet, you feel yourself enguled in flames. Thankfully they die down, but you've taken some damage (78), and you forgot what you were doing in the heat of the moment.

    You're standing next to the hollow warrior.

    You have 215/616 HP
    You are in combat!
    You are equipped like so.

    L.Hollow Soldier 100%

    The hollow warrior is switching equipment.
    The Hollow Warrior is now equiped with a broken shield and a broken sword.
    The hollow Warrior can take no offensive or defensive actions this turn.

    What do you do?
    avatar
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 523
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-08-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Here, there, Everywhere

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by ThatPerson on Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:36 am

    Noticing the Soldier isn't doing anything, holding my estoc and shield up, I rush the soldier and go in for the stab.


    _________________
    PSN: ThatPersona
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:19 am

    You hit the soldier for 95% of it's HP.

    You have 215/616 HP
    You are in combat!
    You are equipped like so.

    L.Hollow Soldier 5%

    The warrior shakes with rage, you're past experience informs you he is about to begin a dangerous flurry of attacks!
    avatar
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 523
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-08-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Here, there, Everywhere

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by ThatPerson on Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:37 am

    Instead of attempting to block the attacks, I jump back and shoot him with my bow, hoping for a headshot.


    _________________
    PSN: ThatPersona
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:24 am

    You run out of range before it begins attacking, skipping the dodge check.
    You pull out your bow, and with all the power you can muster, you plunge the arrow towards the hollow.
    You roll a 36
    The hollow is only barely scraped by the arrow, but it is enough to complete the job.

    You have 215/616 HP
    You are not in combat!
    You are equipped like so.

    Below you is an area that seems to have been boarded off. You see a 2 part drop you could take to get down there if you felt like exploring. You can hear a warrior walking around from the direction this last one wandered out from, but fortunately they have much worse hearing, and you believe you won't have to fight him until you attempt to proceed across the dilapidated wooden bridge the last foe came across.

    What do you do?
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:26 am

    Awesome, it's back. happy

    Looks like that ThatPerson is doing a great job too.

    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:34 am

    I apologize for it's absence... i quit the forums and then just didn't feel like it i guess.
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:39 am

    I get it. No worries.

    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:40 am

    You have 215/616 HP
    You are not in combat!
    You are equipped like so.
    You have in your inventory.
    2 arrows
    2 firebombs
    2 black sprites.
    10 estus flask+1 charges [Firekeepers Blessing]
    6 homeward bones
    Empty Slot
    [1 silver coin]

    From now on, this will be the "Copy Paste" of each post. This contains all character related information.
    It might be annoying to keep reading the same thing, but it will work out better for me this way, and it'll be helpful not to have to search for how much stuff you have in-between fights.
    avatar
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 523
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-08-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Here, there, Everywhere

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by ThatPerson on Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:56 am

    Feeling safe, crush one of the black sprites known as "humanity". Energy restored, I decide to go down to where the warrior is, with my shield and weapon raised, of course.


    _________________
    PSN: ThatPersona
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:01 am

    You look cautiously at the black sprite, but unknowing of what it is, you don't feel safe to make contact with it. The -last- time you touched strange objects you ended up sitting in a jailcell for twenty years.

    You consider moving forward, but you have a feeling orders may have recently changed due to your fear of the sprite.

    You have 215/616 HP
    You are not in combat!
    You are equipped like so.
    You have in your inventory.
    2 arrows
    2 firebombs
    2 black sprites.
    10 estus flask+1 charges [Firekeepers Blessing]
    6 homeward bones
    Empty Slot
    [1 silver coin]

    What do you do?
    avatar
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 523
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-08-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Here, there, Everywhere

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by ThatPerson on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:08 am

    Instead of crushing the black sprite, I take a drink from the Estus, and resume back to the Knight.


    _________________
    PSN: ThatPersona
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Rynn on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:16 am

    You heal 150X2 HP!
    You walk over the bridge, and on your left, a warrior stumbles out. It takes a swing at you, but it wasn't close enough to hit.

    You have 515/616 HP
    You are in combat!
    You are equipped like so.
    You have in your inventory.
    2 arrows
    2 firebombs
    2 black sprites.
    10 estus flask+1 charges [Firekeepers Blessing]
    6 homeward bones
    Empty Slot
    [1 silver coin]

    L.Hollow Soldier 100%

    The warrior brings it's arm back and prepares to hit you.

    What do you do?
    avatar
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 523
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-08-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Here, there, Everywhere

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by ThatPerson on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:24 am

    Judging the swing, I prepare to execute a parry & riptose, knowing if I can get the hit, my estoc would deal major damage.


    _________________
    PSN: ThatPersona
    avatar
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 577
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-05-23
    Age : 21
    Location : Buffalo, NY

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Bcc17 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:34 am

    I attempt to write a Monster Manual, Core Rulebook, and DM Guide for a Dark Souls themed D&D quest.


    _________________
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:48 am

    Bcc17 wrote:I attempt to write a Monster Manual, Core Rulebook, and DM Guide for a Dark Souls themed D&D quest.

    Ooh, sounds fun. winking

    avatar
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 577
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-05-23
    Age : 21
    Location : Buffalo, NY

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Bcc17 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:51 am

    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Bcc17 wrote:I attempt to write a Monster Manual, Core Rulebook, and DM Guide for a Dark Souls themed D&D quest.

    Ooh, sounds fun. winking

    The funnest, DeS and DkS would make amazing scenarios in D&D.

    Name: Solaire of Astora
    Race: Human
    Class: Warrior of Sunlight

    so on and so forth.

    Now I want to fill out a character sheet for him...


    _________________

    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1721
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-07-30

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by IV_Mark_VI on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:53 am

    No deaths yet? What kind of a dark souls adventure is this?!


    _________________
    XBox Gamertag: VI Mark IV
    PSN: VI_Mark_IV
    avatar
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 577
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-05-23
    Age : 21
    Location : Buffalo, NY

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Bcc17 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:53 am

    IV_Mark_VI wrote:No deaths yet? What kind of a dark souls adventure is this?!

    The DM must be VERY merciful.


    _________________
    avatar
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 523
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-08-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Here, there, Everywhere

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by ThatPerson on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:57 am

    Praise be to the RNG Gods.


    _________________
    PSN: ThatPersona

    Sponsored content

    Re: You are on a Pilgrimage.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:48 am