Had enough, cant take it

dooshka
    Addicted
    Addicted

Had enough, cant take it

Post by dooshka on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:40 pm

Well, my god, great hollow to ash lake, got down, going through the door to the lake, left hand side, i just could not move, stuck in i dip or something, so i got hammered. Now cursed, tiny amount of hp, so i eventually boned home to last fire, top of the hollow, just cannot get down past those dammed mushrroms, frogs are no problem, so i may have to start a new game.Done so much uprading, sad life i lead, any suggestions anyone

Last edited by dooshka on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing entries)
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Re: Had enough, cant take it

Post by RANT on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:44 pm

dooshka wrote:Well, my god, great hollow to ash lake, got down, going through the door to the lake, left hand side, i just could not move, stuck in i dip or something, so i got hammered. Now cursed, tiny amount of hp, so i eventually boned home to last fire, top of the hollow, just cannot get down past those dammed mushrroms, frogs are no problem, so i may have to start a new game.Done so much uprading, sad life i lead, any suggestions anyone

kill the giant clams, they drop purging stones that get rid of curses, be careful cause theyre really powerful, the drop rate is very hight by the way.
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:46 pm

I never could beat the mushroom parents because they are way too tough. The good thing is that they are slow, just run past them.

dooshka
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by dooshka on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:04 pm

Thanks for the help guys, i will give it a go, will let you know how i get on
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:24 pm

The best way to deal with the hollow is to make sure you are not in human form, and don't have any souls to lose. With the bonfire right at the top, you just need to find the way down and dodge past everything, including the mushrooms. If you have either a fog ring or a "hidden body" spell, it makes it a lot easier. Remember, the frogs won't really hurt you except for the toxin. Keep moving and you'll be fine.

Best place to get a fog ring is to go into the catacombs and try to kill the necromancers. One of them should drop one. Then you can take it to snuggly for a trade (there will be another skull lamp down where Reah is).

But honestly, even without that stuff, as long as you keep moving, there isn't too much in the hollow that will give you trouble if you don't try to fight everything.
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:29 pm

Yes, there are a couple of things you can do.
    1.- As soon as you enter to Ash Lake there will be a Hydra waiting for you, so try being careful. To your right will be a bonfire in a safe spot, so rest and the prepare to hunt some clams, but be aware of the Hydra's attack. Do not engage the Hydra cursed, instead keep hunting the clams as they drop purging stones which cures you from being cursed. I suggest that you don't try to fight the mushroom guys because they hit really hard even they are slow.

2.- (Not the best choice) Backtrack all the way to the parish, go with the sins guy and buy some purging stones for 5000 each. I think there is another guy in new londo ruins who can heal you, also, not good choice either...

Go for number 1...

Good luck.

Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:04 am

I ran a level 3 through Blightown, Great Hollow, and the Ash Lake fairly easy. The biggest issues are just accidentally falling off in the hollow. It's extremely easy, you can run past everything there especially the mushroom men. Put your shield up and run down the platform of mushrooms dodging the mushroom men. You should be able to block their attacks easily if they manage to actually hit you considering how slow they are. Run past the two giant mushroom men into the cave and you'll be at the Ash Lake. Go down the tree root and make a hard right straight towards the bonfire.

Next time you might want to consider wearing the Dingy set and the cursebite ring.

Also if you thought getting down the great hollow was hard I think you'll rage when you're going back up, that's a little more difficult lol.

Darktide - SL 160 - Dex/Int/Str Murakamo Build
    Flask = My win
    Sorcery = Useless
    I get negative rep points for making a valid point

dooshka
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by dooshka on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:56 pm

Well, got to the lake, killed the hydra, farmed clams, got one stone, but that is the curse lifted, also met the dragon, got dragon sword also several dragon scales,

whoooooooooooooo

Thanks for al;l the advice pals
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:59 pm

Good to hear you made it out.

But, the first time I saw that dragon and wasn't expecting it...I nearly crapped myself.

Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:38 pm

That's funny, for all the times I've played through this game, I never bothered to kill the hydra down in Ash Lake. Did I miss anything interesting, or does it basically just get rid of him.
    Herbo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Herbo on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:04 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:That's funny, for all the times I've played through this game, I never bothered to kill the hydra down in Ash Lake. Did I miss anything interesting, or does it basically just get rid of him.
    It just gets rid of him, unless he gets rid of himself first with his superman antics.

pointlessly, fruitlessly, alone, tired, unloved, tragicly, comicly, heroicly, angrily, happy, rested, while taking a drink, answering the phone, being ganked by dark spirits, for daring to use a bridge, from opening a door, failing on stairs, rolling, jumping, standing, blocking, mashing buttons, using a greyed out item, attacking, with the menu up, in a "safe" spot, getting leg stabbed, set on fire, being summoned as a helper phantom into a backstab by a invader in the hosts world...
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:23 pm

Plus, he drops 2(?) dragon scales and a bunch of souls.

dooshka
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by dooshka on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:00 pm

10,000 souls i got, so pretty wwell worth it

dooshka
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by dooshka on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:35 pm

The dragon head stone, if i use it will it be finished after death, or will it rest itself?

Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:45 pm

Your dragon head disappears after you die but you keep the dragon head stone, you can just reuse it to get it back.

Darktide - SL 160 - Dex/Int/Str Murakamo Build
    Flask = My win
    Sorcery = Useless
    I get negative rep points for making a valid point

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:58 pm