You are in a cell

    Share
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:57 pm

    That certainly hurt. I am now more leery-eyed than ever of the dangers this detestable prison holds. I regather my composure and see that the boulder in question has broken open a wall. I am afraid, but a combination of curiosity and a burning desire to leave this wretched place drive me to explore this newly opened up area.

    Is that... a knight in shing armor. He doesn't look too good...

    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by Rynn on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:04 pm

    You have spotted a knight. You seem to recall he is familiar, and you are not certain, but think he might be the one that threw the other body into your cell, disturbing your slumber. He beckons for you to get closer. He seems weak.

    What do you do?
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:06 pm

    Not being one to kick a lion when he's down, I try to help him. There may be rescue for this one, I hear him out anyway...

    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by Rynn on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:11 pm

    He speaks to you, but you find it difficult to hear through his helmet, he asks if you will hear him out about a quest he wishes to send you on. He promises to award you with a healing flask if you do.
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:16 pm

    I'm non-committal on the quest but I do take his gifts, the key in particular is of great interest to me. I want to get out here by any means necessary. Not sure about this orange-hued drink. On faith, I take a sip...

    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by Rynn on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:21 pm

    You ignore the man as he rambles about his quest, nodding your head where it looks appropriate. You summarize that he basically asked you to go ring some bells and somehow it would save the earth.

    You take a sip of the orange liquid, and discover it takes like smoke. You almost spit it out, but as your mouth abbsorbed it, you discovered your wounds healed! You are at full HP.

    What do you do?
    avatar
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1307
    Reputation : 99
    Join date : 2012-02-21
    Location : Canada

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by Yukon on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:21 pm

    Fun idea rynn, will you be doing this for only one character or are you planning to make this like an rpg with several characters? I'd be interested if you want to move this to skype with several characters interacting rather than a single person controlling the character at a time.

    Don't want to steal the action from pendant so just posting to ask a question not choose his path.


    _________________

    PSN: SgtPigeon
    Russian Roulette Duels Saturdays at 1PM - 7PM EST
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by Rynn on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:23 pm

    Yukon wrote:Fun idea rynn, will you be doing this for only one character or are you planning to make this like an rpg with several characters? I'd be interested if you want to move this to skype with several characters interacting rather than a single person controlling the character at a time.

    Don't want to steal the action from pendant so just posting to ask a question not choose his path.
    I might in the future do that. For now... I am keeping it to a single character until I can judge if my dice system is balanced or not.
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:25 pm

    Just like that, I feel a surge of both strength and confidence. Spiritedly I charge up the stairs where I first was rebuffed by a heavy boulder. I discover another one of these hostile reddish-skinned prisoners. I am angry and I don't hold back my anger...

    EDIT: It's Ok, I'll only do about 2 more of these then step aside, Yukon.

    avatar
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1307
    Reputation : 99
    Join date : 2012-02-21
    Location : Canada

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by Yukon on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:29 pm

    I actually can't hang around to join in at the moment, maybe later tonight in an hour or so I'll see if I can squeeze in on some of the fun times. Keep me up to date if this moves on to something bigger rynn happy


    _________________

    PSN: SgtPigeon
    Russian Roulette Duels Saturdays at 1PM - 7PM EST
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by Rynn on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:30 pm

    You are currently in combat with a Hollow Weakling!
    Hollow Weakling: 100% HP.
    You swing your Bonfire Sword with vigor!
    >Hollow Weakling rolls a 72, it needs a 1 to dodge!
    >Hollow Weakling rolls a 5, it needs a 0.5 to resist all damage!
    The hollow soldier squeals in pain, you immediately follow up with 2 more blows killing it.

    There is a door in front of you. You presume the key given to you will open it.

    What will you do?
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:33 pm

    With this "Hollow," is it? Dead. I open the door. I am outside. I walk forward and I get blindsided by another one! I am on the ropes now.

    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by Rynn on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:40 pm

    You have been attacked while you are unaware! You suffer 67 points of damage.

    You are now in combat!
    Hollow Weakling[1]: 100%
    Hollow Weakling[2]: 100%
    Hollow Archer: 100%

    Hollow Archer has drawn an arrow.
    Hollow Weakling[1] has raised it's weapon.
    Hollow Weakling[2] is currently not able to reach you, Hollow Weakling[1] is in it's way.

    You have 527/594 HP.
    What will you do?
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:44 pm

    I'm flummoxed! I attack with my bonfire sword, but it seems to be failing me a bit. I desperately switch to, but not without taking a few more hits, my Club trying to find something, anything to see me through this predicament. This fight may be more than I bargained for. And that archer, oohhh....

    - Great fun Rynn, but I think it should be someone else's turn now. I'll keep an eye on this thread and may jump back in again when the time calls for it.

    EDIT: Also, +1.

    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by Rynn on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:51 pm

    You take a swing at the hollow in front you! Hollow Weakling[1] squeals in pain, as you round to take another swing, an arrow from Hollow Archer hits you! Hollow Weakling[1]'s attack has been disrupted.

    You attempt to switch to your wooden club, but you left it back by the fog gate!

    You are in combat!
    Hollow Weakling[1]: 31% HP
    Hollow Weakling[2]: 100% HP
    Hollow Archer: 100%

    Hollow Weakling[1] lifts it's weapon to swing!
    Hollow Weakling[2] is not currently able to reach you. Hollow Weakling[1] is in it's way!
    Hollow Archer draws an arrow!

    You have suffered 43 damage from the arrow hit.
    You have 483/594 HP remaining.

    -You too! Glad you're all enjoying yourself.

    So just so you know, this is how combat will always work. Enemies will somewhat telegraph their next action before you begin an action. You may then react, often better then in the real dark souls game. The downside is, rolls do not have invinciblity frames, but rather -always- succeed when the dice state you dodged.

    EDIT: Added damage numbers I forgot.
    avatar
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1279
    Reputation : 37
    Join date : 2012-04-11
    Location : Firelink

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by Buggy Virus on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 am

    2. Sit in hopeless desperation.


    _________________
    *Busy Drawing*
    Xbl: A Buggy Virus
    Whelp, now I have positive rep.
    Reputation : 30
    Positive votes received : 80
    Negative votes received : 74
    avatar
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1307
    Reputation : 99
    Join date : 2012-02-21
    Location : Canada

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by Yukon on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:18 am

    I smash my drift wood shield into the attacking hollows chest, hoping to stun him and retaliate with an attack of my own. Bracing myself behind my make-shift shield as I see the archer loosen his next arrow. I swing again at the oncoming weakling hollows hoping to even the odds a bit, in desperation.


    _________________

    PSN: SgtPigeon
    Russian Roulette Duels Saturdays at 1PM - 7PM EST
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by Rynn on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:46 am

    You have stunned Hollow Weakling[1]
    You block the incoming arrow, suffering 4 damage.
    You hit Hollow Weakling 1, slaying him.

    You are in combat.
    Hollow WeaklingL 100%
    Hollow Archer 100%

    Hollow Archer Draws an arrow
    Hollow Weakling is doing a running attack!
    You have 479/594 HP
    avatar
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1307
    Reputation : 99
    Join date : 2012-02-21
    Location : Canada

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by Yukon on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:59 am

    I pivot out of the oncoming attack and attempt to roll under the arrow towards the archer, completing this I charge the archer, full of adrenalin I throw myself at him clumsily digging my broken blade into his soft flesh and bringing both of us to the hard earth. Leaving my blade buried in him I introduce the edge of my shield to his skull with both hands.

    Question: what class are we, how armoured are we? Based on the weapons I am assuming depraved?


    _________________

    PSN: SgtPigeon
    Russian Roulette Duels Saturdays at 1PM - 7PM EST
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by Rynn on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:12 am

    Yukon wrote:I pivot out of the oncoming attack and attempt to roll under the arrow towards the archer, completing this I charge the archer, full of adrenalin I throw myself at him clumsily digging my broken blade into his soft flesh and bringing both of us to the hard earth. Leaving my blade buried in him I introduce the edge of my shield to his skull with both hands.

    Question: what class are we, how armoured are we? Based on the weapons I am assuming depraved?
    You are the depraved.
    >You have rolled a 21. 9.3 or lower neccesary to dodge.
    You attempt to pivot the poor souls atack, but the blade clips right into your foot. You stagger, and then take an arrow directly to the face.

    You have taken 152 damage.

    You are in combat.
    Hollowed Weakling raises it's sword.
    Hollowed Archer is retreating to place distance inbetween you.
    Hollow Weakling blocks the path to escape.

    There is a fog gate on your left, you could use it to escape combat unharmed.

    You have 327 HP remaining

    What do you do?
    avatar
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1307
    Reputation : 99
    Join date : 2012-02-21
    Location : Canada

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by Yukon on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:20 am

    Well ****, a 21?

    I attempt to parry/counter the hollow weaklings' attack. With him out of the way, or at least stunned I retreat back around the corner out of the range of the archer, cautiously I reach for a flask keeping my shield prepared if the hollow weakling gave chase. Only taking a sip of the smoky liquid if I am not in immediate danger.


    _________________

    PSN: SgtPigeon
    Russian Roulette Duels Saturdays at 1PM - 7PM EST
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by Rynn on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:26 am

    Yukon wrote:Well ****, a 21? Am I placed between the two of them now? or am I still on the side I entered from?

    I attempt to parry/counter the hollow weaklings' attack. After this I retreat back around the corner out of the range of the archer, cautiously I reach for a flask keeping my shield prepared if the hollow weakling gave chase. Only taking a sip of the smoky liquid if I am not in immediate danger.
    Everything is based on a 100 sided die. The Hollow Weakling is inbetween you and the direction you came from. You are inbetween them.

    >you roll a 14, 14.6 or lower needed to succeed at parrying

    Easily deflecting the hollow weaklings weapon, you slam your sword into his gut, instantly stealing his life from him. The archer hits you with an arrow during this action, wounding you for 31 damage. You duck around the corner, and take a drink from your estus, recovering 150 HP

    You are in combat!
    Hollow Archer: 100%

    Hollow Archer has an arrow steadies on your position, but there is a wall obstructing it's path!

    You have 446/594 HP remaining.

    What do you do.
    avatar
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1307
    Reputation : 99
    Join date : 2012-02-21
    Location : Canada

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by Yukon on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:32 am

    Awh, I didn't think he could do damage while running away, god damn that archer.

    Regathering myself, I raise my shield and charge around the corner towards the archer. This battle has gone on long enough as I near the hollow I put all my strength behind a final slash hoping to take the troublesome archers life quickly.


    _________________

    PSN: SgtPigeon
    Russian Roulette Duels Saturdays at 1PM - 7PM EST
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by Rynn on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:42 am

    Your shield deflects the arrow. You take 4 damage.
    The archer attempts to escape, but our attack comes all too fast, and he falls into a neat pile on the ground.

    You have gained enough experience to level up. You may do this at a bonfire.

    You are on an awning, there is another pathway further along the edge to explore, and a white fog to pass through on your left. On your right, you can see a cliffside, but nothing of significant importance calls out to you. You look over the edge, thinking you might jump, but you are not sure you can survive the fall.

    What do you do?

    In the future, I will only mention enemy rolls the first time you face that enemy, and after that only if the roll succeeds.
    avatar
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1307
    Reputation : 99
    Join date : 2012-02-21
    Location : Canada

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by Yukon on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:48 am

    I continue straight, past the fog to an archway leading into a small room, having learned to move slowly I peek around the corner of the archway before entering. My broken sword and shield in the ready.


    _________________

    PSN: SgtPigeon
    Russian Roulette Duels Saturdays at 1PM - 7PM EST

    Sponsored content

    Re: You are in a cell

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:35 pm