Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
About8547Souls
ZikoLogiKa NL
WyrmHero
User
kazumoshi
TehInfamousAmos
Cantankerous_Flood
11 posters

Experimental builds: Seven Deadly Sins

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Experimental builds: Seven Deadly Sins - Page 2 Empty Re: Experimental builds: Seven Deadly Sins

Post by User Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:40 pm

Do the Worm
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Experimental builds: Seven Deadly Sins - Page 2 Empty Re: Experimental builds: Seven Deadly Sins

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:43 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Yum. Sounds familiar. lol

Does it really?

For WRATH, I definitely like the suggestion of implementing the Dragon Stones. Because I put WRATH in the PotD covenant, I think it'd be worth mentioning that the stones are equipped and will be used if ya'll didn't notice. bounce
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:45 pm

To be fair, nothing and everything is usually seen as a relative term of things.
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:51 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:To be fair, nothing and everything is usually seen as a relative term of things.

Yes, I agree. It's impossible to have perfectly NOTHING. I was being vague on purpose because I want people to use their imaginations.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:54 pm

Sadly, you can have absolutely nothing... the Void says something.
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:57 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Sadly, you can have absolutely nothing... the Void says something.

Touche! Proper Bow

I'd prefer the Sins and the Horsemen to be considered genderless and souless entities. Purely symbolical and instinctual.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Seath shows envy of the stone dragons, so anything related to crystal could work. The Witch of Izalith might show envy to the first flame too.
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:23 pm

ENVY:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3442547841049815

I originally had it use the Bonewheel Shield, but figuring I could counteract the Helm, I chose Sanctus instead.

Thoughts?
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:29 pm

After he's done with the 4 horsemen, he can do the Major Arcana

Tarot just gravitates my way. Ever since I had a reading done and got 'The World' as my future.
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:50 pm

cloudyeki wrote:After he's done with the 4 horsemen, he can do the Major Arcana

Tarot just gravitates my way. Ever since I had a reading done and got 'The World' as my future.

Sounds like an interesting concept. I can most certainly try.

Has anyone noticed my "secret" pattern continuing through the first 3 Sins? I ain't saying a thing until we have all 7 done. lol
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:52 pm

I would like to see more before I take a swing at what this pattern is.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:15 am

I love Envy but would def give ''it'' more HP , loose the Large Club , and equip replenishment

Experimental builds: Seven Deadly Sins - Page 2 4125110524

Maybe also not fully upgrade the Server to be able to leech more HPs
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:41 am

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:I love Envy but would def give ''it'' more HP , loose the Large Club , and equip replenishment

Experimental builds: Seven Deadly Sins - Page 2 4125110524

Maybe also not fully upgrade the Server to be able to leech more HPs

Thanks! big grin Sounds good. It wasn't getting the +7HP/hit because the Server was in the left hand. I also fully upgraded it to +5 chaos to get more out of the humanities it'll be sucking up. Here's the final AVARICE:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4869312994898691

I wish I had the time to actually build all of these. sad
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:48 am

Well if you can gather people to participate , and organize somekind of an event , fight club , or playthrough , with these builds , Im sure it will be a lot of fun !

We could try to discover the severity of sin ., from each of the 7 sins ., get a ranking going twisted

Id love to be Envy , with some slight adjustments maybe
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:07 am

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:Well if you can gather people to participate , and organize somekind of an event , fight club , or playthrough , with these builds , Im sure it will be a lot of fun !

We could try to discover the severity of sin ., from each of the 7 sins ., get a ranking going twisted

Id love to be Envy , with some slight adjustments maybe

Sounds like a plan! Do share! bounce twisted

I'll take any of them, but I'm still gravitating towards WRATH. I guess we'll see where the next ones go. I can only imagine how OP the horsemen are going to be. I can picture a newb getting invaded by the 7DS and be like, :shock: "WTF WAS THAT?!"

We'd all be like "It's Sin...youmadbro?" twisted

COMING SOON: GLUTTONY
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:34 am

Ok, GLUTTONY is meant to be clever, but would also pretty much be an immovable object in PVP. Aside from the obvious fat suit it wears, I gave it the Dragon Tooth bc all things with teeth eat, right? Secondly, you'll notice the trident. This is for two things:

1.) Stabbing opponents with a giant fork
    2.) Jolly-good dancing after mealtime.

Lastly, I originally had Havel's Ring, but realized, "Hey, he's going to be fat, right? Why not allow it to fat roll?" SO to counter the severe weight it carries, the Cloranthy Right sufficed. Enjoy! Om nom nom

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3594211408309897

cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:42 am

You forgot the 'butter knife' (butcher's knife)
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:47 am

as for the event ., If you want to go the normal route I would just recommend duelling between all 7 sins to see who's king., in a 1 time event.

Other than that , maybe you could form a covenant of 7 who are out to gather sin , offcourse :pirat:
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:10 am

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:as for the event ., If you want to go the normal route I would just recommend duelling between all 7 sins to see who's king., in a 1 time event.

Other than that , maybe you could form a covenant of 7 who are out to gather sin , offcourse :pirat:

Good looks, my friend. Is it possible to host 6 other people? We'll see how it all pans out.

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:I'd love to be Envy, with some slight adjustments maybe

Sorry if I wasn't clear - I meant, "share these adjustments you speak of."

cloudyeki wrote:You forgot the 'butter knife' (butcher's knife)

Good catch! Here:
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4242974985912829

Well, certainly with 4 of the 7 Sins completed, I think it's safe to say, we have made good progress on this. For those of us too lazy to find the others, here's what we've covered: (still open to suggestions and ideas):

(4)7 Deadly Sins:
    1. WRATH: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=1474539047654822

2. GREED: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=1582668248693889

3. ENVY: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4869312994898691

4. GLUTTONY: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4242974985912829

Everyone had some great ideas, and it's good to read that people are enjoying this creative sesh. I'm off to bed, but I shall return on the morrow. Feel free to post any thoughts or suggestions as the night grows darker. I hope to come back to a still well-kindled fire thanks to all of you.

Last edited by Cantankerous_Flood on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    About8547Souls
    About8547Souls
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by About8547Souls Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:40 am

I was looking at Sloth, and thinking about what such a Sin can be symbolized by. I ended up thinking that Sloth would be a passive fighter, not someone who wanted to use the energy to move around a lot. They would likely be somewhat big, because if you don't move much you usually will be pretty big. So the Havel's made sense. (Not to mention it provided defense/poise.)

A greatshield for stability, yet the lightest one to show how the laziness comes through. A spear for passive fighting, just poking at them and trying not to use much effort. Avelyn, for that range fighting. Because Sloth is too lazy to aim a bow, and even better this crossbow fires three bolts at once. What a lazy way to get results.

Then of course we have the Miracles. Originally it was just for TWoP, but I figured why not add a little more in. Karmic Justice is a set it and forget type deal. You use it, and if they are stupid enough to get too aggressive they get punished. Great Magic Barrier, because Sloth is too lazy to spend all day dodging spells. With some heavy defense like this, who needs to dodge? And then WoG, which is good for those "You're in my face, get away from me." kind of moments.

Obviously it's just a random assembly, but it does make sense in that almost all of it can end up being attributed to being lazy in some way.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4853374527767635
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:44 am

Well, sloth would be more apathetic then passive. Maybe worn out gear, fighting more robotically/methodically. So maybe the demon weapons?
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:10 am

I like where this is going but I was thinking SLOTH is carrying so much weight that it actually overencumbers and slows it down to a slow walk. The spells and miracles are a great idea though. I love the laziness approach too with the Avelyn and the worn out armor. Perhaps the balder or hollow armor sets . Good stuff. Keep it coming!

Last edited by Cantankerous_Flood on Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:41 am

Mate, can I just say that greed and avarice are the same sin? :|

They look interesting though winking
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:50 am

Serious_Much wrote:Mate, can I just say that greed and avarice are the same sin? :|

They look interesting though winking

:shock: You are right! My bad. I still like the symbol of avarice for envy though. Thanks for the catch. I will be sure to make the edits where they matter.
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:45 pm

SLOTH is definitely proving to be one of the harder ones. There seems to be a very thin line between accessibility and sin representation and finding that balance is quite difficult. Your suggestions are helping though so keep them coming. After SLOTH is VANITY/PRIDE and LUST. twisted

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:02 am