Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
strangejoy
RANT
Deadmeat95
Carphil
Serious_Much
Akatik
10 posters

Another weapon recommendation question

Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Another weapon recommendation question Empty Another weapon recommendation question

Post by Akatik Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:22 pm

I'm currently lvl 75 with the following stats on my cleric tank. He's more or less an Artorias Build.

Vit 21
    Att 14
    End 21
    Str 24 (Going to take it to 34 for the greatshield of Artorias)
    Dex 18 (Capped)
    Res 11
    Int 20 (Capped)
    Fai 28 (Going to take to 50)

I have no intentions on capping this guy at 120, he's just for fun. I'm looking for a fast, enchantable weapon for Sunlight Blade. My idea was for boss fights and PvP; I'd have both the Sunlight Straight Sword and an enchantable one equipped and then switch it when the buff wears out.

I was hoping for something that would scale with strength or faith, but the pickings are a little slim. I know I could always go with a standard longsword, but that seems a little boring. I already have:

Greatsword of Artorias
    Gravelord Sword
    Occult Sunlight Straight Sword (this thing is great, A faith scaling)
    Fire Balder Side Sword
    Lightning MS Greatsword

Any suggestions?

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Another weapon recommendation question Empty Re: Another weapon recommendation question

Post by Serious_Much Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:24 pm

Demons machete, 2H it and buff with sunlight/darkmoon blade

large club is also pretty good...

Seeing as you're taking strength that high, might as well go with a strength weapon with buff and have your occult+5 sun straight sword for backup, that'll work pretty well.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Another weapon recommendation question Empty Re: Another weapon recommendation question

Post by Akatik Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:27 pm

How fast does it swing? With the Sunlight blade, don't you get more out of it by using a weapon that will hit more often?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:29 pm

Do you want a dex or str weapon? You can't use a Demon's Machette with a Iato speed. Plus, the Greatsword of Artorias won't do more damage than any weapon you have until your sl is 200+ and have distributed points in Faith or Int
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:32 pm

Yeah, I realized that about the Greatsword of Artorias the other day and it kinda bummed me out. It's such a great looking sword, it sucks that it's not going to beat out elemental weapons until I'm over SL200. But, I'm not going to start over just because I decided to use it.
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Deadmeat95 Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:32 pm

MSGS has a B scaleing with str and has the moveset of the bastard sword, decent wep for str if u don't want an incredible slow wep.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:55 pm

you could always two hand grant
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:04 pm

Pickaxe. Yeah, I said "pickaxe." Maybe it's not the fastest, or the best range, or the best damage... Anyway, forget all of that. Your toon would looking f-ing awesome.

On a more serious note, a battle axe, a hand axe, or a reinforced club would all work if you can tolerate the range. A lot of people ignore the less fancy weapons, but they can be pretty good.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:09 pm

I'll take a look at the battle axe, it seems like it's the best compromise.

But how about the Butcher Knife?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:44 pm

pickaxe ftw? got a +15 one and it's b scaling rocks, it also looks badass on fire.
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Deadmeat95 Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:49 pm

What doesn't look bad *** on fire :p
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:50 pm

true but still squashingan opponents skull with mining equipment is very satisfying
    xXDaemonarchXx
    xXDaemonarchXx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xXDaemonarchXx Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:06 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Demons machete, 2H it and buff with sunlight/darkmoon blade

Seeing as you're taking strength that high, might as well go with a strength weapon with buff and have your occult+5 sun straight sword for backup, that'll work pretty well.
    Lol, your answer to most weapon questions is Demons Machete. I'm gonna have to try that thing out! Hurrah
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:14 pm

xXDaemonarchXx wrote:

Lol, your answer to most weapon questions is Demons Machete. I'm gonna have to try that thing out! Hurrah

thats only because it's cool, i love it as a strength weapon since ultra greatswords probably dont swing as slow as they should do silly

oh and im just making use of stats he wants to have lol, what would you recommend if he's getting 34STR? XD
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:37 pm

great club with slb, msgs with slb and of course machete with slb, with those stats you'll do more than a thousand in damage with the machete two handing it.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:39 pm

I bandits knife don't change too much on fire, but a Demon's greataxe surely does
    xXDaemonarchXx
    xXDaemonarchXx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xXDaemonarchXx Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:56 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    xXDaemonarchXx wrote:

thats only because it's cool, i love it as a strength weapon since ultra greatswords probably dont swing as slow as they should do silly

oh and im just making use of stats he wants to have lol, what would you recommend if he's getting 34STR? XD
    I'm not trollin I swear! :affraid: It was just something I saw that ya write about a lot. I really am gonna try it, I've never used it 8)
    justwant2play
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by justwant2play Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:14 pm

I was going to suggest you upgrade your strength to 36 and get the Black Knight Greataxe. That thing kicks *** when you use the one-handed R1 swipe attack.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:22 am

I love seeing it riposted, its just the ultimate FU to the BKGA users.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:03 pm

Hmm, I never actually thought about the BKGA, it seems like the perfect heavy hitter. And after beating the 4 Kings last night, I realized that I could use a home run hitter. I ended up using the Gravelord Sword and took them out on my second try.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:11 pm

Akatik wrote:Hmm, I never actually thought about the BKGA, it seems like the perfect heavy hitter. And after beating the 4 Kings last night, I realized that I could use a home run hitter. I ended up using the Gravelord Sword and took them out on my second try.

For the love of god PLEASE dont use that weapon.. it's already the most common weapons, and while it has a good reason so doing so, i think you should really be more individual about it silly
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:15 pm

Lol, I have been trying to be unique. The thing is that in the end, I don't really care that much about min/maxing. I like using the GSoA because it looks awesome and I was one shotting ghosts and one hit backstabbing dark wraiths last night.

While my lightning Man Serpent Greatsword is now +5 and is my strongest weapon, it's also my least used.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:16 pm

...Manserpent GS is better for getting to +15, gets A scaling, and buffed that thing looks cool, just look at the blade shape!

but yeah i like Artorias sword its really cool looking, but which have you got? the cursed one?
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:19 pm

The regular one, the one that's c/c/b/b. I already used a slab on it, so I'm not going to change it up now.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:15 pm

Who you use a slab on the GS of Artorias if you upgrade with Demon's ***?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 pm