How come so many people get cursed?

    Share
    avatar
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 557
    Reputation : 43
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: How come so many people get cursed?

    Post by strangejoy on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:10 pm

    Scudman_Slayer wrote:either way its kind of stupid letting yourself getting cursed

    even if you thouhgt it was poison you know its gonna hinder you so why let it happen?

    If you have spare moss, poisoning isn't really a big deal. Have you never been poisoned?
    avatar
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    Re: How come so many people get cursed?

    Post by Scudman_Slayer on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:12 pm

    on blightown mostly due to the swamp and i kind of didn't had any posion resitance at the time

    well i did have 25 moss with me thought

    although really i wouldn't just wander around and get poisoned i would stop on a dry spot where i could let my poison gauge go down,then i would move again


    _________________
    "Give in to the darkness"

    "Accept its powers"

    "stay out of the light"

    "and become my puppet!"

    "even if you resist as long as you hold dark powers each life you take will bring me close to owning you completely!


    *this plays*

    "you cannot escape,once you have been chosen to be host you cannot turn around and refuse me...i will make you my puppet!"
    avatar
    Griever
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 86
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-19

    Re: How come so many people get cursed?

    Post by Griever on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:17 pm

    I'm kind of glad I did get cursed because this game suprises me at every turn. When I got cursed for the first time I thought wow how did they come up with this.

    Therefore if I missed getting cursed I wouldn't have experienced this at all. Besides it wasn't really a big deal as I just went back to the merchant and sorted it.

    And I wouldn't have seen myself turning to stone which I also thought was extremely cool but hey thats just me happy
    avatar
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 557
    Reputation : 43
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: How come so many people get cursed?

    Post by strangejoy on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:21 pm

    Scudman_Slayer wrote:on blightown mostly due to the swamp and i kind of didn't had any posion resitance at the time

    well i did have 25 moss with me thought

    although really i wouldn't just wander around and get poisoned i would stop on a dry spot where i could let my poison gauge go down,then i would move again

    What if the poison bar resulted in instant death and halving of your hp (this would be somewhat realistic for certain poisons)? How would you respond if I said to you, "Scudman_Slayer, getting poisoned in blight town during your first playthrough was really stupid? Why didn't you wear more poison resistant clothing?" This is precisely your argument here. Do you think that people should instinctively know that the symbol for poison actually signifies a curse effect that would turn you into crystal, kill you, and halve your HP? Or do you think that anyone who allows any status-effect bar to fill up is "stupid," as you've suggested but contradicted in your own account of your first run through blight town?


    _________________


    Dedicated forestwraith.
    avatar
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    Re: How come so many people get cursed?

    Post by Scudman_Slayer on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:27 pm

    Hostile much?


    firt off i never said that anyone is stupid

    i have a lot of friends that have been cursed

    i just want to know how does so many people get cursed

    thats what i was asking

    i wasn't saying

    "you all suck because you got cursed blah blah blah"

    like what you said im doing

    i was ASKING how so many people get cursed, if it was on purpose or by accident because i've never been cursed because i always paid attention to my screen

    im not insulting anyone,if i wanted to insult people i would've said a looooooong time ago

    ///

    and what would you like if i said "hey dude stop being and idiot and jumping into so many conclusions"

    because from my point of view you just jumped into a conclusion saying that im pretty much calling everyone an idiot for getting cursed Shrug


    _________________
    "Give in to the darkness"

    "Accept its powers"

    "stay out of the light"

    "and become my puppet!"

    "even if you resist as long as you hold dark powers each life you take will bring me close to owning you completely!


    *this plays*

    "you cannot escape,once you have been chosen to be host you cannot turn around and refuse me...i will make you my puppet!"
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: How come so many people get cursed?

    Post by Carphil on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:31 pm

    Just because we are brazilians does not means we live in a forest nor do we know everything about amazonian animals


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    Griever
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 86
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-19

    Re: How come so many people get cursed?

    Post by Griever on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:31 pm

    Scudman_Slayer wrote:
    i was ASKING how so many people get cursed, if it was on purpose or by accident because i've never been cursed because i always paid attention to my screen

    Are you implying that we do not pay attention to our screens silly
    avatar
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    Re: How come so many people get cursed?

    Post by Scudman_Slayer on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:35 pm

    Griever wrote:
    Scudman_Slayer wrote:
    i was ASKING how so many people get cursed, if it was on purpose or by accident because i've never been cursed because i always paid attention to my screen

    Are you implying that we do not pay attention to our screens silly

    don't make me edit that Prostration

    i meant because i never actually wanted to know what that was
    neither did i ever really got close to those frogs anyway...just smack'em and roll

    i would have liked getting cursed to go into new londo however i would die due to the halved health so due to how oblivious i can be sometimes

    yeah i always sticked with transient curses because i needed the health

    and i quite admire whoever can get through new londo without getting hit through a wall more than 5 times


    _________________
    "Give in to the darkness"

    "Accept its powers"

    "stay out of the light"

    "and become my puppet!"

    "even if you resist as long as you hold dark powers each life you take will bring me close to owning you completely!


    *this plays*

    "you cannot escape,once you have been chosen to be host you cannot turn around and refuse me...i will make you my puppet!"
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: How come so many people get cursed?

    Post by Carphil on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:37 pm

    You can get 2 transients curses, and using only one, get more two after killing a banshee. Thats enough for one run into entire New Londo.


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 557
    Reputation : 43
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: How come so many people get cursed?

    Post by strangejoy on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:38 pm

    Scudman_Slayer wrote:either way its kind of stupid letting yourself getting cursed

    even if you thouhgt it was poison you know its gonna hinder you so why let it happen?

    Scudman, I'm not hostile at all. I was using your exact words (see above) as part of my analogy so that you would understand how you’re coming across to others. My analogy to your argument was based on direct quotes from you. When you accuse someone of being "hostile" for quoting your exact language (the "stupid" quote was your word; not mine), then you might want to engage in a little introspection.


    _________________


    Dedicated forestwraith.
    avatar
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 557
    Reputation : 43
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: How come so many people get cursed?

    Post by strangejoy on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:39 pm

    Carphil wrote:Just because we are brazilians does not means we live in a forest nor do we know everything about amazonian animals

    Of course. That was tongue-in-cheek. The poison arrow frog is a particularly famous animal that is probably well known to most people regardless of where they live.
    avatar
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    Re: How come so many people get cursed?

    Post by Scudman_Slayer on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:42 pm

    pheraps you don't know me

    i "insult" people as a way of showing "respect" for people silly

    a lot of people know that about me but i really mean no harm neither do i really intended any harm on what i wrote on this thread

    some people just cannot take things as a joke these days...

    although what i wrote as pretty insulting i'll say


    _________________
    "Give in to the darkness"

    "Accept its powers"

    "stay out of the light"

    "and become my puppet!"

    "even if you resist as long as you hold dark powers each life you take will bring me close to owning you completely!


    *this plays*

    "you cannot escape,once you have been chosen to be host you cannot turn around and refuse me...i will make you my puppet!"
    avatar
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 557
    Reputation : 43
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: How come so many people get cursed?

    Post by strangejoy on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:44 pm

    Anyway, no harm. silly I got a little excited about the opportunity for an online debate. It's like pvp.


    _________________


    Dedicated forestwraith.
    avatar
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2313
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : How should I know?

    Re: How come so many people get cursed?

    Post by Yarxov on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:40 am

    Being cursed is in no way a big deal, in DS, if you weren't human you had 1/2 health. With being cursed, it gives you 1/2 health and lets you kill Casper.


    _________________
    I do not live in hopes of a better tomorrow, or in blissful dreams, but I live for those who live no longer.

    avatar
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    Re: How come so many people get cursed?

    Post by Scudman_Slayer on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:38 am

    well...you could have 70% of your maximun health on demon souls with the cling ring though


    _________________
    "Give in to the darkness"

    "Accept its powers"

    "stay out of the light"

    "and become my puppet!"

    "even if you resist as long as you hold dark powers each life you take will bring me close to owning you completely!


    *this plays*

    "you cannot escape,once you have been chosen to be host you cannot turn around and refuse me...i will make you my puppet!"
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: How come so many people get cursed?

    Post by Serious_Much on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:59 am

    And then you could just whack on the regen ring (whatever its called) and its plain saiing 8)


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    meridam99
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 995
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 42
    Location : Sitting

    Re: How come so many people get cursed?

    Post by meridam99 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:00 pm

    Scudman_Slayer wrote:Hostile much?


    firt off i never said that anyone is stupid

    i have a lot of friends that have been cursed

    i just want to know how does so many people get cursed

    thats what i was asking

    i wasn't saying

    "you all suck because you got cursed blah blah blah"

    like what you said im doing

    i was ASKING how so many people get cursed, if it was on purpose or by accident because i've never been cursed because i always paid attention to my screen

    im not insulting anyone,if i wanted to insult people i would've said a looooooong time ago

    ///

    and what would you like if i said "hey dude stop being and idiot and jumping into so many conclusions"

    because from my point of view you just jumped into a conclusion saying that im pretty much calling everyone an idiot for getting cursed

    You say you never called anyone stupid, but...

    Scudman_Slayer wrote:either way its kind of stupid letting yourself getting cursed

    even if you thouhgt it was poison you know its gonna hinder you so why let it happen?

    There is an inference here that anyone allowing themselves to be cursed is stupid. Maybe you should read what you write before you hit the send button. If this turns into a flaming war, you will be warned and the thread will be locked.
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: How come so many people get cursed?

    Post by Carphil on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm

    I really don't like Countries refenrences. It can offend people, this is why most threads are locked


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    Dark75Messiah
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 34
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-02-28
    Age : 42
    Location : Lincoln

    Re: How come so many people get cursed?

    Post by Dark75Messiah on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:40 pm

    I've yet to actually be cursed, I love walking around alive with at least ten humanity and my fave armour is the crimson set, which offers good resistance.

    Actually I was farming titanite in the depths and co-oping the level and the Gaping Dragon the other day and I get summoned three times in a row and each time the guy or gal dies to cursed frogs lol. I't's really not difficult to dodge the gas clouds and it's not difficult to have a decent curse resistance. I mean the amount or rats in the sewers, you can gain four or five humanity in ten minutes if you farm.

    So I've taken to being pro active in the depths, killing the froggies to protect dumb *** noobs who just go charging in like they're invulnerable. I mean the symbol shows, the meter build. Your character sheet has a matching symbol next to the words Curse Resistance lol. Work it out people.

    Sponsored content

    Re: How come so many people get cursed?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:18 am