Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Xanthous Luminary - test build - ,No poise or DWGR ?

ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Xanthous Luminary - test build -  ,No poise or DWGR ? Empty Xanthous Luminary - test build - ,No poise or DWGR ?

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:44 pm

Ive never used The Trident , The Avelyn , Xanthous Crown or MLBH on a character before , and I figured I had to come up with yet another unique build., incorporating all at once.

Ive always wanted to incorporate this huge crown on a build & now I finally found a way to make it look awesome and manly ., to me at least. winking

The general Idea is to start & end every fight with the Channeler's Buff Dance for increased style-points :pirat:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My biggest concern at this point with this build would have to be my poise .,

I mean having 9 or 20 is next to nothing in PvP.,

would that be doable because I use these thrust weapons ??

MLBH and Trident don't have a lot of reach though.

UPDATED with FINAL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xanthous Luminary FINAL >> http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4541253495381826

Last edited by ZikoLogiKa NL on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:27 am; edited 7 times in total
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Xanthous Luminary - test build -  ,No poise or DWGR ? Empty Re: Xanthous Luminary - test build - ,No poise or DWGR ?

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:46 pm

If I have to loose The Avelyn , switching stats around to be able to equip the wolf ring won't be much of a problem at all.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Xanthous Luminary - test build -  ,No poise or DWGR ? Empty Re: Xanthous Luminary - test build - ,No poise or DWGR ?

Post by RANT Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:58 pm

what about this? http://tinyurl.com/7omy6s9 you dont need avelyn when you have magic, you can always switch to a shortbow or composite bow.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:08 pm

Wow that's a complete different build my man big grin But that's not what Im looking for 😢
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:11 pm

ohh ok then. http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=d2FycmlvciwzNiwxNiwzMCwxNiw0MCwxMSw0NCw5LDAsNTEsOSw1LDgsMzEsMTIsNCw4NiwxMTQsMTE3LG5vcm1hbCxub3JtYWwsbm9ybWFsLG5vcm1hbCwwLDksMzgsMTEsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCx3b29kZW4sd29vZGVuLHdvb2Rlbix3b29kZW4=
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:19 pm

lol., Im sorry that link didn't work for me sad .,

I can tell you that I don't want to loose the MLBH , nor both tridents.,

I don't want to use spells & I want to keep wearing The Crown along with the Sage Robe at all costs bounce

I also don't want to wear the DWGR big grin
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:24 pm

My biggest concern at this point with this build would have to be my poise .,

I mean having 9 or 20 is next to nothing in PvP.,

would that be doable because I use these thrust weapons ??

MLBH and Trident don't have a lot of reach though
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:26 pm

you can always swap weapons to get out of the stunlock.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:30 pm

http://tinyurl.com/7p7acco switcht from wolf ring to rtsr when yore baout to die so you can maybe kill them in one hit.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:35 pm

thanks ., I know about the toggle escape.

Aside from that.,

I figured since thrust weapons are so fast I might not be needing poise.,

what's your opinion on this ?

(gonna check out your link now!)
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:42 pm

yes leo would work since its all thrust damage but it's not that long compared to the spears so you might wanna b careful ith that.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:34 pm

Looks like I have no other choice then the DWGR again ,

even losing the Avelyn cant give me a good setup with enough poise without ninja flipping :|

Xanthous Luminary (ninja style) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3003891211249753
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:39 pm

use a light crossbow, you will get bs'd since it shoots three times and then reloads unless youre far away from your opponent.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:45 pm

haha I know I know .,

I plan to use it only on special occasions offcourse ., I surely don't want to be punished during that slow recovery !

I just never used the Avelyn before but always wanted to , and it suits the looks of my build perfectly
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:12 am

31 poise can save you from 1 attack of a 2 handed katana, spear, halberd and other small weapons.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4754430397291892

I don't like how the gauntlets look on the robes because it wraps the sleeves and looks bad. The perfect combination is Iron Bracelets and Havel's Leggings, despite my hate on the latter, the bracelets conceal with the sleeves and both gives you 35 poise. 36 poise is the sweet spot for 1 handed greatswords, blunts and small axes attacks, but almost no one use those for PvP, so you're good I think.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:18 am

Whoops, didn't saw your final build thread. Another thing I noticed is that you have a second Channeler's Trident, which I don't think you'll be exchanging much, as the horn is longer and deals more damage.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:20 am

Heey thanks for your input Wyrm , I appreciate your way of thinking bounce

In the past few hours I actually went and made this build & this is how it ended up to be .,

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4541253495381826
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:24 am

haha no I know I don't benefit much from the mainhanded trident ., I just never used it before and like to be able to dance before and after a fight big grin

The regular R2 attack is pretty cool too haha .,

but yeah this isn't a solid build offcourse , it's for fun but I think it holds its own pretty good.

All the armor & weapons combined just look so appealing to me 8)
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:29 am

With a bit more End you can get the classic havels combo with 56 poise. But as you said earlier thrust weapons really don't need that much poise, only if you get in a spear vs spear R1 spammage 31 poise helps. The one that's very good is 62 poise, which lets you resist 2 spear pokes without interruption.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:33 am

I like tweaking builds with a rare mix of coolness and efficiency.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:37 am

thanks man.,

I tried Havel's leggings but they clip through the robe , i hate that , Giant Leggins look awesome though and I think 49 poise is good.

My main gravelord packs 56 poise and I find that perfect (she mains a great scythe with SKS on the left)

My main invader char has the Wolf Ring along with Havel's gaunts with the large club and never has a poise problem either.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:40 am

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:48 am

Ha that's a very unusual one. I'm not a fan of the havels combo though, but seems to fit with the theme of the build.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:55 am

I do like The Havel's gaunt / leggings combo myself , I like the chained up wrists in particular.

It can also look great on a male gladiator build with a naked chest big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:46 am