Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Tolvo
WyrmHero
RANT
Darkmoonbrother
8 posters

Lag stabbers..! Hate em.

Darkmoonbrother

Lag stabbers..! Hate em.   Empty Lag stabbers..! Hate em.

Post by Darkmoonbrother Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:48 pm

So.. I had a break from dark souls for a couple of months and started on a new toon two days ago. I chose a faith build with the estoc + Miracle:Darkmoon blade(I rarely use any other miracle spell than the Darkmoon blade). The problem is that so many dark souls players which I invade(This is a SL.61 toon) only seem to know the basics of lag stabbing, thus they only lag stab. The fact that probably 20/70 invades yesterday that I lost was vs a lagstabber truly saddens me.

I remember that when I played this(like a half year ago) I rarely had to endure lag stabbers. Have Dark souls players changed or should I maybe level this toon to SL.120(if there are less people lag stabbing at that lvl)?

I dunno, maybe I'm the only one that haven't mastered the technique to win vs a lag stabber. If this is the case then please teach me, masters!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Lag stabbers..! Hate em.   Empty Re: Lag stabbers..! Hate em.

Post by RANT Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:30 pm

nope, pvp in dark souls is about who backstabs who first, its always been like that.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:32 pm

You'll have to predict if they are fishing for the backstab and counter backstab them.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:38 pm

It can be an instant kill, so people like to backstab. I think it is a bit unfair to hate on lagstabbing in general, because if you backstab at any point you are probably lag stabbing from time to time. But yeah, people who go for only backstabs can be very annoying and it's sort of like a cop out. A low skill low risk high reward way to fight. I can understand why they do it, I just wish they didn't.
    Darkmoonbrother

Post by Darkmoonbrother Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:28 pm

RantFromRant wrote:nope, pvp in dark souls is about who backstabs who first, its always been like that.

I can't rly agree on that, or maybe I was lucky back then.

Tolvo wrote:It can be an instant kill, so people like to backstab. I think it is a bit unfair to hate on lagstabbing in general, because if you backstab at any point you are probably lag stabbing from time to time. But yeah, people who go for only backstabs can be very annoying and it's sort of like a cop out. A low skill low risk high reward way to fight. I can understand why they do it, I just wish they didn't.
    Yeah well, I have never backstabbed on this char since I'm trying to improve my parry/riposting skills(without sucess due to some stabbers :roll: ). Yeah, I too understand it, tho I hate it..

And does anyone know if there are less stabbers at SL.120ish?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:29 pm

You'd have to check areas where people are more known for duels, like the Burg. But it still has its fair share, I'm just getting back into PvP so I'll inform you if I find a good spot.
    Darkmoonbrother

Post by Darkmoonbrother Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:34 pm

Tolvo wrote:You'd have to check areas where people are more known for duels, like the Burg. But it still has its fair share, I'm just getting back into PvP so I'll inform you if I find a good spot.

Aah! I had totally forgotten about the Burg! Thanks man! And also I have yet to finished the "lord souls"-part, and I can image there's more players with manners at Kiln. Yeah, please do! I might have missed some place! cheers
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:34 pm

I like BSs, as part of a balanced attack plan. Not spamming, fishing, or chaining. Teleport stabs are another thing entirely. They really piss me off.

I pretty much only PvP at 120, and it can be a BS fest. I'm spoiled by the FC group. Don't have to worry about cheap tactics.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:40 pm

Ok i have a feeling i know why you are getting backstabbed a lot more all of a sudden. Its because your practicing your parrys. The easiest way to punish someone who is spamming parrys is to bait them into parrying and immediately circling for the backstab. Dont go to crazy trying to parry, that will be what happens. I agree "lag" stabs can be annoying, but not every backstab is a lagstab.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Yeah that is true Fruit, by the way if you do ever get up to SL120 there are more players at least to choose from as well as duelling groups like FC that you can play against. In fact one of their rules is no backstabbing. Also the Kiln is kind of in a bad way, that's the part after the Lord's. It is mostly full of gankers, so dropping a red sign or invading will usually net you versus three enemies at once, usually all trying to backstab or stunlock you.
    Darkmoonbrother

Post by Darkmoonbrother Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:50 pm

reim0027 wrote:I like BSs, as part of a balanced attack plan. Not spamming, fishing, or chaining. Teleport stabs are another thing entirely. They really piss me off.

I pretty much only PvP at 120, and it can be a BS fest. I'm spoiled by the FC group. Don't have to worry about cheap tactics.
    Yeah, I can agree on that, as long as the stab is fair I'd have no problem with it. Yep, was mainly referring to the Teleport stabs. happy
    What's "the FC group"?

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Ok i have a feeling i know why you are getting backstabbed a lot more all of a sudden. Its because your practicing your parrys. The easiest way to punish someone who is spamming parrys is to bait them into parrying and immediately circling for the backstab. Dont go to crazy trying to parry, that will be what happens. I agree "lag" stabs can be annoying, but not every backstab is a lagstab.

Haha, true.. But I'm not always doing that.. And if I lose due to my practicing failure I wouldn't have a problem with it either. But yeah that's another story. Lol.

Tolvo wrote:Yeah that is true Fruit, by the way if you do ever get up to SL120 there are more players at least to choose from as well as duelling groups like FC that you can play against. In fact one of their rules is no backstabbing. Also the Kiln is kind of in a bad way, that's the part after the Lord's. It is mostly full of gankers, so dropping a red sign or invading will usually net you versus three enemies at once, usually all trying to backstab or stunlock you.
    Ah, alright. That's kinda sad as well.. Maybe I should look some groups up I guess. Thanks!! happy

reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:51 pm

When I'm fighting in BS-land, I attempt far less parries for that exact reason, Fruit.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:00 pm

Its very easy to fall victim to that. I still do all the time, if i miss a parry i know i could have landed it drives me crazy and i have to try again. Good players will most likely punish you either your first or second attempt.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:36 pm

LOL, true. I keep trying to parry, against my better judgement. When I land a parry, it's like crack to me. I've died countless times because of stupid parry attempts.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:19 pm

I dont think twice about BSing people who buff. Multiple times, if necessary. And I don't feel dirty for doing it either. If you want to buff, that's fine. Just expect me to equal my damage output in whatever way I can.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:23 pm

Resin's and regular magic , or sometimes great magic weapon is fine, I dispise lightning effects though :|

Never used SLB or DMB at all , not even for testing
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:24 pm

Lol, im the same damage. For a while people raged at me sending me hate mail ext. Now it seems thats pretty much what everyone does, the buffers always try some little trick to buff before the fight.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:25 pm

And then the next time they enter, they might just CSS youas you bow. silly
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:28 pm

I dont bow after bsing someone while buffing lol. If i notice its them i rush them and just stand right in front of them with my shield up. If they try and buff again, well they shoulda learned the first time.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:30 pm

And this is why the PvP community seems to be going down, eye for an eye to such degrees. 😢
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:30 pm

a lot of non-resin buffers also happen to be buttonsmashers on XBL.,

In my book they actually fall under the category '' people who deserve to be backstabbed '' ,

just like shield-pokers.,

buffing an otherwise viable weapon with good damage output allready shouldn't be buffed for fun PvP duels ., if people SLB a Mura , they don't want to have fun
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:33 pm

Except for people who don't deal much damage without, or even with the buffs. I play a mage but I prefer to melee in duels, so I use CMW. This is because otherwise, I don't even break 200 damage per hit unless I use my MLGS. Which I will dead angle people with while dealing straight magic damage without a split. So if they want to they can get me to use my sword which can't be blocked, has a larger area, can't be parried, and cancels BS. Or they can deal with a CMW one. I guess it's their choice if they wish to make things harder on themselves.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:35 pm

I don't BS while they're buffing, but I've got no qualms about doing it during a fight. If someone spawns in with a talisman in hand, I draw back on my Composite bow and just stand there.

"Your move, holmes."
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:36 pm

I use CMW. This is because otherwise, I don't even break 200 damage per hit unless I use my MLGS

absolutely agree !
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:38 pm

I understand what you mean tolvo. There actually have been a lot of times where the person i backstabed, or attempted to,managed to get a buff off and i realized they didnt do all that much dmg. I just let them after that. You have to remember a majority of people who buff go all out and can 3hit a 1800hp build with a katana.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 pm