Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
FruitPunchNinja
Isirith
Azran
SunlightCrusader
Carphil
Tolvo
Pandamage22
RANT
Yukon
Serious_Much
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rynn
16 posters

I'm not actually looking forward to the Ex-pac too much.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

I'm not actually looking forward to the Ex-pac too much. Empty I'm not actually looking forward to the Ex-pac too much.

Post by Rynn Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:22 pm

Everything will work out fine in the end...
    BUT.
    I don't use the BB-glitch, and there is going to be several new weapons that I will WANT to use, and the chances are my builds will not be optimized for it's stats.
    This worries me a tiny bit.
    I'm also a bit worried about how there will be several items that we'll just... miss. These items might be game-changing, and it'll suck to be on the receiving end of them prior to knowing anything about them. Which is essentially a "I'll feel like a newb again" moment.

Problems that will all work themself out just fine... and I certainly wouldn't want to have the ex-pac be canceled, I'm just no looking forward to that first week after it happens.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

I'm not actually looking forward to the Ex-pac too much. Empty Re: I'm not actually looking forward to the Ex-pac too much.

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:26 pm

Rynn wrote:Which is essentially a "I'll feel like a newb again" moment.

That's not always such a bad thing. At this point, you know this game like the back of your hand. It might be refreshing, in a roundabout sort of way, to find oneself overlooking things and making mistakes.

That's part of the fun too.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

I'm not actually looking forward to the Ex-pac too much. Empty Re: I'm not actually looking forward to the Ex-pac too much.

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:27 pm

what the hell is ex-pac?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:32 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Rynn wrote:Which is essentially a "I'll feel like a newb again" moment.

That's not always such a bad thing. At this point, you know this game like the back of your hand. It might be refreshing, in a roundabout sort of way, to find oneself overlooking things and making mistakes.

That's part of the fun too.
    I agree, I will enjoy every moment of the PvE, I'm just not going to be happy about the surprise moments in PvP... overall I'll be happy with the ex-pac... I'm just leary of it.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Expansion pack I'm 99.99% sure. I've never heard that abbreviation before but I that's what I believe she's talking about.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:34 pm

expansion pack serious.

I'm looking forward to having to learn new things, in pvp and pve personally. The pve is starting to feel stale, and I can't always find good pvp.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:34 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Expansion pack I'm 99.99% sure. I've never heard that abbreviation before but I that's what I believe she's talking about.
    You would be correct.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:35 pm

I'm just excited for Oolacile. I hope there will be NPCs to talk to there, I've been hearing that it will be deserted when we get to visit, but I hope that that isn't the case.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:09 pm

Serious_Much wrote:what the hell is ex-pac?

lol i though the same thing.
    Pandamage22
    Pandamage22

Post by Pandamage22 Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:22 pm

I'm mostly looking for the arena style pvp system they're supposedly putting in. New lore won't hurt either of course.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:50 pm

I actually do not think there is enough content within it actually be to be worth the money personally. But, I will be buying it. Not because I'm a fan boy, not because I have to have it. But because I want to support From. I just want them to know, "Hey, I'm interested in more from you." In the gaming world the way to voice your views is with your wallet. As such, I'll be buying it.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:56 pm

I'll be purchasing it too.
    I'm kind of curious on how well balanced the new weapon additions will be. If players without the expac are severely disadvantaged... I'd be sad.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:02 pm

So... you mean DLC? isn't that easier to type as well and everyone knows what it means? (it's twice the length) lol!

I don't think you really need to relearn the entire game just cus there's a bit of DLC, frankly there's still gonna be the flipping mask giants with BKGA..

You'll just find the new weapons and you'll upgrade them and see what they're all like, then we'll whack it on the wiki for everyone as we're helpful guys winking To be fair you can usually tell how good a weapon will be for what build with just it's base stats and scaling.

In the end I'm mainly getting the DLC for the PvE experience (and to let FROM actually see some of my money for dark souls), the PvP doesn't worry me too much. A couple weapons ain't gonna completely change the way people play in PvP, no way.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:04 pm

I also have to take pictures of all the NPC's, and read every item description first hand as well as examine every bit of architecture and artwork in the area.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:04 pm

Tolvo wrote:I also have to take pictures of all the NPC's, and read every item description first hand as well as examine every bit of architecture and artwork in the area.

why?

Besides I'm pretty sure that's cook's job as 'secret hunter' silly

Last edited by Serious_Much on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:04 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    I don't think you really need to relearn the entire game just cus there's a bit of DLC, frankly there's still gonna be the flipping mask Artorias armor with BKGA..

Fixed.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:05 pm

A great sword that increases HP by 10%, hypothetical, but things could easily be completely changed.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:07 pm

Carphil wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    I don't think you really need to relearn the entire game just cus there's a bit of DLC, frankly there's still gonna be the flipping mask Artorias armor with BKGA..

Fixed.

lol, while I respect the possibility, artorias' armour is gonna be a heavier medium weight set, much like paladins or ornsteins, with higher resistance to magic than average. You heard it here first and I'd gladly put a wager on that winking
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:08 pm

We search for different things in different ways, and reach different conclusions. So why not?
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:11 pm

I can't wait to do an Artorias cosplay toon. Artorias is such an interesting lore figure and I have done partial cosplays of him for some tme but when the dlc is released I will be able to do a proper one. I also want to support From as they have proven that they listen to us which is important in a developer.

I hope and believe that the new gear will mix in with the current stuff well and will be balanced. I also believe From will fix anything that proves truly broken as they have in the past. I have faith that From will make it work.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:12 pm

Serious_Much wrote:A couple weapons ain't gonna completely change the way people play in PvP, no way.

No, you're right a couple new weapons won't fundamentally change the PvP game. However, an entire new branch of magic (the oft-speculated new Dark Magic/Sorcery branch) could.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:32 pm

I just want too see how many broken things can people find/From create. silly

And I really can't sympathize with the "Don't change things, I fear change" sentiment. When Starcraft 2 was about to be released, Korean pro-players asked Blizzard to change NOTHING aside from graphics. Because they didn't want to spend time creating new strategies.
    If a company creates new content, as long as it isn't crappy (lol Bethesda's Horse Armour) it will add longevity to the game.

As people have already said; it's just DLC. It won't be THAT revolutionary. Unless From manages to break something up. silly
    Isirith
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Isirith Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:37 pm

I'm just scared about the weapons & armour.
    DLC gear is always overpowered compared to the original gear.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:47 pm

Azran wrote:I just want too see how many broken things can people find/From create. silly

And I really can't sympathize with the "Don't change things, I fear change" sentiment. When Starcraft 2 was about to be released, Korean pro-players asked Blizzard to change NOTHING aside from graphics. Because they didn't want to spend time creating new strategies.
    If a company creates new content, as long as it isn't crappy (lol Bethesda's Horse Armour) it will add longevity to the game.

As people have already said; it's just DLC. It won't be THAT revolutionary. Unless From manages to break something up. silly

I actually kind of liked the horse armor.... though it really wasn't worth the price they asked. It should have been attached to the Fighter's Stronghold just as the Spell Tomes probably should have been attached to the Wizard's Tower. Oh well nothing you can really do about it.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:04 pm

Im still trying to decide what kind of build i am going to use to playthrough the new dlc for the first time. Its a toss up between a warrior build or a mage.... obviously i will play it multiple times, but the first one is what counts. Also i am most likely going to stay below sl70(might even do a sl1 or maybe sl10 run for the first one). What are your guys plans?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:39 am