If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Share
    avatar
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 147
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2012-01-23

    If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by kiwi_commander on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:41 am

    I play a lot of PVP so if I could only choose one thing to change from DKS is the DWGR to where only certain armor's could use it.

    Example, if you are wearing any piece of either giant, stone, or havel's armor, then you can't use DWGR.

    As secondary change, maybe improved drop rates for slabs and/or dragon scales for maybe a day or so... kind of like the Demons Souls events.
    avatar
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2313
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : How should I know?

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by Yarxov on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:43 am

    I think DWGR should be you have to have less than 1/3 instead of 1/2. That increases the chance of not getting as many ninja flippers.


    _________________
    I do not live in hopes of a better tomorrow, or in blissful dreams, but I live for those who live no longer.

    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by Serious_Much on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:57 am

    make dual wielding actually useful.

    the one thing i want in this game sad


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 140
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 104
    Location : Latria

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by justwant2play on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:08 am

    Letting Patches sell you a maximum of 2 Titanite Slabs per game.


    _________________
    Playing in Latria.
    avatar
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 828
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by JY4answer on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:07 pm

    justwant2play wrote:Letting Patches sell you a maximum of 2 Titanite Slabs per game.

    avatar
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 984
    Reputation : 34
    Join date : 2012-01-18
    Location : Canada

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by Back Lot Basher on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:19 pm

    A junk drawer in the bottomless box, so I didn't have to sift through everything each time I go to Frampt.

    I have a friend who doesn't post here, so I'm going to add his wish: the ability to see what you're about to pick up when you pillage bodies, so you can opt out of taking it.
    avatar
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 712
    Reputation : 51
    Join date : 2012-01-18
    Age : 56
    Location : Nebraska, USA

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by Green__Eagle on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:50 am

    I wish that after a successful boss battle, the host and summon phantoms could stay together until they rest at the bonfire.

    It just seems rude to leave so quick.


    _________________
    PSN ID: Green__Eagle. (2 underscores) Over 3,000 hours playing Dark Souls!
    Please visit My YouTube Channel Thanks!

    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1776
    Reputation : 93
    Join date : 2012-02-18
    Age : 48
    Location : Oregon, US

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by callipygias on Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:58 pm

    Back Lot Basher wrote: the ability to see what you're about to pick up when you pillage bodies, so you can opt out of taking it.

    Yes!



    As for my own preference:

    Probably unpopular, but I'd get rid of the backstab in pvp... or at least put a "full stamina required" limitation on it. No, I'd get rid of it. Circle-circle-circle-circle-circle-circle-circle-backstab. The few fights I've had where people weren't dependent on it were very exciting.
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:29 pm

    i'd make 1h blunt weapons useful in pvp. maces always get the shaft and their my favorite.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 590
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-01-25
    Location : Canada, eh

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by CrackSouls on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:18 pm

    Make the hitbox/window for backstabs smaller. Making it so you have to carefully adjust yourself for a successful backstab.

    Make an "arena" with passwords and friend invites. Also, with customization for rules (nullify backstabs, certain weapons, add damage, add hitpoints, start with 1 hit point, ect.)

    ^^^ I do not feel this is necessary but I know most people would want it. The arena, not the backstab window. That's a must!


    _________________
    PSN: Glennie67

    zappo

    Posts : 14
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-02-16

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by zappo on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:23 pm

    callipygias wrote:Probably unpopular, but I'd get rid of the backstab in pvp... or at least put a "full stamina required" limitation on it. No, I'd get rid of it. Circle-circle-circle-circle-circle-circle-circle-backstab. The few fights I've had where people weren't dependent on it were very exciting.

    I'm with callipygias. Backstabbing has been abused to the point where it should probably just be removed from pvp.
    avatar
    theGentleman
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 106
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-01-19

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by theGentleman on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:31 am

    A reason to choose the Pendant
    avatar
    Henkyona
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 164
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-02-15
    Age : 26
    Location : Tn

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by Henkyona on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:33 am

    I would change the bs damage,make the base dmg 100, have it scale with your level x10 points of dmg, and decrease the hitbox, and give slight SLIGHT sta regen, so with the reduced dmg, bsing is still worth it.


    _________________
    I don't know everything, I only know what I know.

    PSN- Henkyona
    XBL GT- BX29 MAN COW

    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5753
    Reputation : 193
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by User on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:44 am

    Serious_Much wrote:make dual wielding actually useful.

    the one thing i want in this game sad

    A spear and a curved sword, or the vey least a curved Greatsword

    A whip and a straight sword also works

    Two curved swords or two Rapiers, or one rapier and one curved sword

    A great hammer/axe and a spear

    Having two great hammers also works

    Different ways to use combinations. And trust me... I used all of them. If you use a curved sword and a spear, make sure your curved sword is a Shotel, for shield users. And try the rapier and then also the curved sword's parry to choose which one to have on left hand, as well as both their kick animation for which sword on which hand. You just have to find the right weapons for the right trial. Above all, experiment and feel them before you go full out with them.
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:51 am

    zappo wrote:
    callipygias wrote:Probably unpopular, but I'd get rid of the backstab in pvp... or at least put a "full stamina required" limitation on it. No, I'd get rid of it. Circle-circle-circle-circle-circle-circle-circle-backstab. The few fights I've had where people weren't dependent on it were very exciting.

    I'm with callipygias. Backstabbing has been abused to the point where it should probably just be removed from pvp.
    do you realise how easy it is so straight stop 90% of bs attempts? strafe and/or dodge backwards and almost any non pivot bs will fail unless you missed with a swing. stuff pivot bs attempts by rolling to the side, timing a wog cast correctly or hitting most characters with a zwihander or similarly sized weapons horizontal sweep. counter bsing works too if you're good at it. stopping bs's is not that difficult most of the time. even chain bsing can be avoided if you guess their next attempt angle correctly. punish the attempts and they'll stop.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2648
    Reputation : 60
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 104
    Location : Las Noches, Hueco Mundo

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by DxV04 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:58 am

    fix the gravelord covenant completely.
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by Serious_Much on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:11 am

    Acidic_Cook wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:make dual wielding actually useful.

    the one thing i want in this game sad

    A spear and a curved sword, or the vey least a curved Greatsword

    A whip and a straight sword also works

    Two curved swords or two Rapiers, or one rapier and one curved sword

    A great hammer/axe and a spear

    Having two great hammers also works

    Different ways to use combinations. And trust me... I used all of them. If you use a curved sword and a spear, make sure your curved sword is a Shotel, for shield users. And try the rapier and then also the curved sword's parry to choose which one to have on left hand, as well as both their kick animation for which sword on which hand. You just have to find the right weapons for the right trial. Above all, experiment and feel them before you go full out with them.

    i know what dual wielding does with most weapons but i mean having proper double weapon's combos, something to make it more viable outside of PvP than a shield..


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by ChizFreak on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:38 pm

    I would to change BS. I don't know how, but make them a lot harder to be done.


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by RANT on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:42 pm

    make me have half hp when im hollow and add the cling ring, pvp would be better for it for the people complaning about nerfing everything too


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.

    zappo

    Posts : 14
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-02-16

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by zappo on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:57 pm

    Forum Pirate wrote:do you realise how easy it is so straight stop 90% of bs attempts? strafe and/or dodge backwards and almost any non pivot bs will fail unless you missed with a swing. stuff pivot bs attempts by rolling to the side, timing a wog cast correctly or hitting most characters with a zwihander or similarly sized weapons horizontal sweep. counter bsing works too if you're good at it. stopping bs's is not that difficult most of the time. even chain bsing can be avoided if you guess their next attempt angle correctly. punish the attempts and they'll stop.

    If it was that easy to stop, people wouldn't be backstabbing in 19 out of 20 invasions. For many characters, they only need to land it once. Any one-hit kill in pvp should be considered broken.
    avatar
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1668
    Reputation : 45
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by Uparkaam on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:07 pm

    Lower the crit damage for the big weapons.


    _________________
    GFWL & PSN accounts:
    GFWL: Rusty Patches
    PSN accounts:
    Uparkaam (main account)
    Dorkmoon
    Torch_Hollow
    Ravelord_Servant
    Gastro_Zombie
    avatar
    SilenceOfKnights
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 134
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-02-12
    Age : 21

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by SilenceOfKnights on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:13 pm

    Uparkaam wrote:Lower the crit damage for the big weapons.
    good point there.

    also make whips useful insead of being ****.


    _________________
    ORO? :?:
    avatar
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1668
    Reputation : 45
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by Uparkaam on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:24 pm

    Make them have a backstab style attack where you strangle your opponent from behind. That would be neat.


    _________________
    GFWL & PSN accounts:
    GFWL: Rusty Patches
    PSN accounts:
    Uparkaam (main account)
    Dorkmoon
    Torch_Hollow
    Ravelord_Servant
    Gastro_Zombie
    avatar
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 120
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-02-14
    Age : 26
    Location : Germany

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by TonyDamajer on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:42 pm

    Forum Pirate wrote:
    zappo wrote:
    callipygias wrote:Probably unpopular, but I'd get rid of the backstab in pvp... or at least put a "full stamina required" limitation on it. No, I'd get rid of it. Circle-circle-circle-circle-circle-circle-circle-backstab. The few fights I've had where people weren't dependent on it were very exciting.

    I'm with callipygias. Backstabbing has been abused to the point where it should probably just be removed from pvp.
    do you realise how easy it is so straight stop 90% of bs attempts? strafe and/or dodge backwards and almost any non pivot bs will fail unless you missed with a swing. stuff pivot bs attempts by rolling to the side, timing a wog cast correctly or hitting most characters with a zwihander or similarly sized weapons horizontal sweep. counter bsing works too if you're good at it. stopping bs's is not that difficult most of the time. even chain bsing can be avoided if you guess their next attempt angle correctly. punish the attempts and they'll stop.
    the problem is that on your screen it looks like theyre in front of you

    anyways, i would make white summon soap unusable at kiln of the first throne
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by Forum Pirate on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:13 am

    think ahead. i'm not saying being instamurdered doesn't suck, i'm saying its avoidable. and 19 of 20? really? hyperbole. i most frequently lose to it against multiple opponents and rarely win with it because its so easy to stop. straffing counterclockwise and rolling away is the easiest way and highly effective too. or counter bs them when they get close. as i've posted elsewhere, if bsing is how you lose most of your matches you're leaving yourself open or letting a bs happy opponent set the rules of engagement. either way its on you for not stopping it excepting only above average lag.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.

    Sponsored content

    Re: If you could change one thing in DKS what would it be?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:55 pm