Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+49
Lancelot
Sorrow95
GrinTwist
IV_Mark_VI
Shkar
RNsunbro
Nybbles
Chr0m3
Phantasmio
Knight Alundil
Aces ovr Eights
Aramat_857
DigitaLinsanitY
matthewm7
Cynic
Bloodios
ICEFANG
tofucactaur
Darkson
Jorund
bmurn
Shabbalaba
Scirvir
Doelker
Lachsfilet
Ghadis_God
RandelOolacile
befowler
Eolan
dead_boy
roomsixteen
baby_beavis
VinheimProfessor
Rynn
Bold berthold
Dark Souls PRO
Green__Eagle
ublug
Gawain
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
BoilerFan8472
swordiris
skarekrow13
Tolvo
Isirith
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
JoeBroski09
fireLESS
53 posters

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 14 Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by fireLESS Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:01 pm

Aramat_857 wrote:(1st post) cheers

fireLESS, good job with the no bonfire run.

If the pendant is indeed in the previously empty chest in Gwendolyn's area... Did Reah drop one in the undead church? If not, then this may be the same pendant, which may mean that Reah and Gwendolyn could be linked in some way.

It could also be that Lautrec is leaving it there...The pendant being left on Rheas body in the church indicating she was killed by someone who favors the extinguish route, as opposed to the kindle.

fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 14 Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by fireLESS Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:04 pm

Eolan wrote:Mr less i have a moonlight greatsword for you....

Seriously a *** pendant in the empty chest in gwyndolins hall is the biggest pendant news since miyazaki's interview...

Right on! Thanks Eolan. I'll get with you later on that most def. I don't have the strength for it yet anyway!
    Rushing through these chores so I can knock out BoC.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:53 pm

Darkson wrote:*AHEM*

Rynn? Record your "unstable" bonfires? PLEASE?

Ok. Now. Is it intentional of you guys to just ignore me?

You know how odd it seems to me that I'm the only one mentioning the possibility for Rynn to post some pics or recordings?

Rynn, I'm sorry, but I find it really weird you are not recording or taking any pic of that very unusual happening. That would be the first damn thing I would do, hell, if something like that happened to me I would jump up and take my my phone or cam as fast as I can.

Please understand that I'm really excited about this, but they way you are behaving like "oh there's some weird new message coming up I've never even seen before (and btw there was suddenly a pendant in that usually empty chest?!?!?!) but meh, forget it, probably not worth mentioning"

?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:56 pm

Darkson wrote:

You know how odd it seems to me that I'm the only one mentioning the possibility for Rynn to post some pics or recordings?

Rynn, I'm sorry, but I find it really weird you are not recording or taking any pic of that very unusual happening. That would be the first damn thing I would do, hell, if something like that happened to me I would jump up and take my my phone or cam as fast as I can.

Please understand that I'm really excited about this, but they way you are behaving like "oh there's some weird new message coming up I've never even seen before (and btw there was suddenly a pendant in that usually empty chest?!?!?!) but meh, forget it, probably not worth mentioning"

?
    You know, I understand completely what you mean. I already replied to you stating I do not have a camera of any sort to post this information with though. Nothing is significant until it can be repeated, by a second person.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:08 pm

Yeah im with him and all but i have been on these forums quite a bit and i trust you not to just bulllshit the community... Anyone else id be demanding proof. I think acidic knows about this too and isnt telling us...
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:09 pm

That would be nice. I hear ya brotha darkson! It's all just talk until we see some evidence. Nobody wants to be trolled. I figure it usually wise to be a skeptic.

I got my phone ready to picture or video, but I haven't recorded before and don't even know the process. There have def been some moments I wish I had on tape. Hopping down cleanly through catacombs and te tombs was epic. I'll do some research on this. Nothing in my game has changed significantly though. There is a difference between the way Rynn is playing and I am playing, hopefully I get the changes regardless and I will surely be prepared with a picture at the very least.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:16 pm

Rynn, I saw the post where you replied to, and I'm really sorry that I overlooked it. Kin of embarrassing. Guess you can say that's ironic.

Yeah, but anyway, I still don't understand you at all.

1. If something like that happened to me, I can't tell you how damn excited I would be.

2. I would have immediately taken a pic. Immediately I would literally have jumped out of my chair. AND NOT MOVE TO A NG WTH? I'm sorry but really WHY???

3. You don't have any sort of camera in your house? Please understand that it's very hard for me to believe that. You can't tell me that you even have no phone Rynn. You just can't tell me that. :roll:

4. "Nothing is significant until it can be repeated, by a second person" ??? What? How is something like that NOT significant if it just happened in 1 person's game? What has this got to do even adklnaasd I mean WHY what I don't even get your argument. How is this relevant, why does a 2nd person have to experience it first too so it's worth posting a pic? Something very very unusual happened in your game, never seen before, and you say it's not even significant.......

Sorry for the over-emotional post, just trying to get my feelings across. I'm really hyped right now and I really want to believe you, though I must say you make it very hard.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:20 pm

Lol! Dark souls is so emotional. We're in purgatory!! Arrggghhhh!
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:28 pm

Darkson wrote:Rynn, I saw the post where you replied to, and I'm really sorry that I overlooked it. Kin of embarrassing. Guess you can say that's ironic.

Yeah, but anyway, I still don't understand you at all.

1. If something like that happened to me, I can't tell you how damn excited I would be.

2. I would have immediately taken a pic. Immediately I would literally have jumped out of my chair. AND NOT MOVE TO A NG WTH? I'm sorry but really WHY???

3. You don't have any sort of camera in your house? Please understand that it's very hard for me to believe that. You can't tell me that you even have no phone Rynn. You just can't tell me that. :roll:

4. "Nothing is significant until it can be repeated, by a second person" ??? What? How is something like that NOT significant if it just happened in 1 person's game? What has this got to do even adklnaasd I mean WHY what I don't even get your argument. How is this relevant, why does a 2nd person have to experience it first too so it's worth posting a pic? Something very very unusual happened in your game, never seen before, and you say it's not even significant.......

Sorry for the over-emotional post, just trying to get my feelings across. I'm really hyped right now and I really want to believe you, though I must say you make it very hard.

Totally reasonable scepticism and i was about a minute away from posting an identical one (if a bit more aggresisve) when she walked off into ng+ or/and her little brother lit the flame. It had ******** written all over it, but as i said i trust her just because she has no history of BS ing.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:29 pm

And the pendant in the chest thing she knows its significant shes just trying to be coy happy amirite rynn?
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:39 pm

I think she's generally doing that silly
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:50 pm

Folks one thing is clear.
    At the end of the day, words are just words, but a picture....
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:59 pm

Wouldnt it be funny if by extinguishing the bonfires completely you shut down the whole online part of dark souls once and for all. Like they made it so specific and unattainable but should you do it you win dark souls and it all ends happy
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:06 pm

Rynn wrote:
    Darkson wrote:

?
    You know, I understand completely what you mean. I already replied to you stating I do not have a camera of any sort to post this information with though. Nothing is significant until it can be repeated, by a second person.

Darkson, I'm on the run as well and will be more than happy to record once one of these things happens to me. About to take out gwyn and start the ng+ hope I get some stuff for you guys!

Thanks again, Rynn! I don't wanna make you feel overwhelmed, but you seem to be the one with the most headway and its got us all excited! big grin
    Aces ovr Eights

Post by Aces ovr Eights Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:35 pm

You all are clearly being trolled by Rynn. Anyone that can't see this, simply because of her post count, is blind. She is making this stuff up as she goes.

Sometimes it takes someone's first post to make people remove their blinders. Fireless, I respect what you're doing and I really like the passion you show for it, but you have been trolled.

I'm sure I will be flamed for this post (especially since it's my first), but I've been following this thread since the beginning, and I can't just sit back and not say anything anymore when there is clear trolling going on.

What happened to 'picture or it didn't happen?' Someone living in 2012 has no camera??? Someone went through 3 NG+++ without lighting a bonfire and then suddenly they leave their controller alone and their brother lights a bonfire?? Said bonfire then goes back out by itself?? An empty chest suddenly has a pendant in it?? Your not being trolled?? Give me a break.

My only question is why? Why would a supposedly respected member of the community troll other members of the same community?
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:42 pm

I wouldn't say I am unawares of the possibility of being trolled by others. So in that sense, I have my guard up. Like I said, it's all talk until we get repeatability of some kind. In not going to worry myself about why someone would try to troll us, people are dumb. Let it be known! I take all talk to be simply talk! I believe absolutely noone unless I have some evidence. Including those who make claims on lore! It's just speculation until we get results. In that sense, this is still troll free. Take what is SAID with a grain of salt, talk out its implications if you want, think through it, but recognize there is no nothing until we have repeatability.

I'm not going to go hollow on this idea because one person made some stuff up. It's a good idea. It's also fun.
    Rynn I would be hesitant about making claims far from the normal understanding of the game. Its making people go hollow.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:47 pm

Eolan wrote:Wouldnt it be funny if by extinguishing the bonfires completely you shut down the whole online part of dark souls once and for all. Like they made it so specific and unattainable but should you do it you win dark souls and it all ends happy

Ya. Or if all of Lordran went dark for everyone simultaneously. Dreams... Just dreams..
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:12 pm

Aces ovr Eights wrote:You all are clearly being trolled by Rynn. Anyone that can't see this, simply because of her post count, is blind. She is making this stuff up as she goes.

Sometimes it takes someone's first post to make people remove their blinders. Fireless, I respect what you're doing and I really like the passion you show for it, but you have been trolled.

I'm sure I will be flamed for this post (especially since it's my first), but I've been following this thread since the beginning, and I can't just sit back and not say anything anymore when there is clear trolling going on.

What happened to 'picture or it didn't happen?' Someone living in 2012 has no camera??? Someone went through 3 NG+++ without lighting a bonfire and then suddenly they leave their controller alone and their brother lights a bonfire?? Said bonfire then goes back out by itself?? An empty chest suddenly has a pendant in it?? Your not being trolled?? Give me a break.

My only question is why? Why would a supposedly respected member of the community troll other members of the same community?

Just want to assure you that I really appreciate that you signed to make that post, as went through the exact same thoughts as you. Rynn is making it really hard for me to believe her when she's behaving so weirdly. If it weren't such a well-know member as Rynn my comment on it would have been way more sceptical and probably harsher. It's just that because of her being a very active and contributive member I really don't want to believe she is trolling us for whatever reason. But not only is her reaction on that (never before seen) message weird but especially her further actions aka what she used for her excuses.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:16 pm

Aces ovr Eights wrote:You all are clearly being trolled by Rynn. Anyone that can't see this, simply because of her post count, is blind. She is making this stuff up as she goes.

Don't think I haven't thunk about it, Tommy! big grin

The fact is that Rynn is a respected member of the community and doesn't just spout off randomness. If she claims it happens I'm more inclined to believe her.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:24 pm

I just offered souls to the lordvessel, and it felt awful. I feel like fixing the Edragon probably may have to happen PRIOR to filling the vessel on the alter, maybe prior to even placing it.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:51 pm

Darkson wrote:You can't tell me that you even have no phone Rynn. You just can't tell me that. :roll:

4. "Nothing is significant until it can be repeated, by a second person" ??? What? How is something like that NOT significant if it just happened in 1 person's game?
    Yes, I'm a very low tech person, I don't have a phone, which is why it's been difficult to get scholarships for college. If you (which I doubt you did, or should even be expected to) googled around for other places I go, you'd know my social life is rather low tech XD.

For point number for, yes. I'm saying a discovery on one persons machine means very little, because unless it can be replicated, it means entirely nothing. Didn't a guy over on the other forums have Patches glitch and sell him Elite Cleric Armor once? It was never repeated, so they information was discarded.

Now, let's go over -why- I'm not freaking out about anything, and so casually brushing it off.

1: The pendant; how many places have we found this? Let's see...
    • Starting Gift
    • Rhea
    • Forest Hunting, 5% drop rate
    • Skeleton Dogs
    • Whoever it was that kills Rhea.

The chest I found this object in has also, IIRC, been reported dropping other weird stuff before, randomly having a red eye orb/blue eye orb, or the covenant of artorias... and noone bats their eyes at that, unless I have my chests mixed up. As far as I see it, it's just another pendant, and so I repeat; *tosses on top of my other 40.

The bonfire that went back out; I already explained in this thread that I turned the system off when that happened, and when I reloaded, I was back in the poison swamp, possibly 5 minutes back from when I lit the bonfire: luck.

Now, IIRC, I DID ASK QUESTIONS about my unstable bonfire, because I want to know what that was about. I have several questions about this, and I seriously want to know what is up with that. My most logical guess is that something went wrong, and the bonfire could not be lit due to a temporary error in the game... but since it was somewhat related to all of this, and I've never heard of it before, I asked about this here, where it was relevant.

Now instead of calling me a troll, possibly ask -why- I might be reacting certain ways, and understand that throughout all the time I've been here, I've only been incorrect about probably 4 things that were not complete "what is your opinion" type questions; and so I might have a good reputation because I don't post misleading information unless I want to know more about something, or don't understand what is going on.

Anyone that can't see this, simply because of her post count, is blind.
    If my postcount is changing if people believe me at all, then I'm ashamed to know all of you. Actions speak louder then words, and I'd hope any bias is based on my actions, rather then the amount of times I speak.

EDIT: And now for a completely irrelevant fact.

I was just walking through the parish, reading soapstones, and I just found one of my old ones... I left this in NG, not even NG+... The stone says "Stabbing in the back?" and it has 93 ratings on it. Never expected that.

Also, if you believe I'm spreading false information, would it kill anyone to just downrep me?
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:16 pm

Just a quick update. Instead of killing gwyn I ran to take out gwyndolin and see if I would be granted something in the chest, but nothing. I haven't messed with the e dragon either cause I figured this process needs multiple new games. I'll go visit him and see what news he has for me.

Edit: Alright nothing...lol. Since I'm at the end I'm gonna wait and see if any new news comes from today if not I'll continue on to my ng+. For now I'm gonna try my hand at an altered beast build silly!
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:39 pm

Mudo,

Do you have any firekeeper souls?
    I take it you let Lautrec live? (Def check for the "again" statement in NG+)
    Boss souls?
    Covenants?
    NPC kills other than keepers?

Just want to get an idea of the differences on the off chance something does go down.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:45 pm

Rynn wrote:
    Darkson wrote:You can't tell me that you even have no phone Rynn. You just can't tell me that. :roll:

4. "Nothing is significant until it can be repeated, by a second person" ??? What? How is something like that NOT significant if it just happened in 1 person's game?
    Yes, I'm a very low tech person, I don't have a phone, which is why it's been difficult to get scholarships for college. If you (which I doubt you did, or should even be expected to) googled around for other places I go, you'd know my social life is rather low tech XD.

For point number for, yes. I'm saying a discovery on one persons machine means very little, because unless it can be replicated, it means entirely nothing. Didn't a guy over on the other forums have Patches glitch and sell him Elite Cleric Armor once? It was never repeated, so they information was discarded.

Now, let's go over -why- I'm not freaking out about anything, and so casually brushing it off.

1: The pendant; how many places have we found this? Let's see...

• Starting Gift
    • Rhea
    • Forest Hunting, 5% drop rate
    • Skeleton Dogs
    • Whoever it was that kills Rhea.

The chest I found this object in has also, IIRC, been reported dropping other weird stuff before, randomly having a red eye orb/blue eye orb, or the covenant of artorias... and noone bats their eyes at that, unless I have my chests mixed up. As far as I see it, it's just another pendant, and so I repeat; *tosses on top of my other 40.

The bonfire that went back out; I already explained in this thread that I turned the system off when that happened, and when I reloaded, I was back in the poison swamp, possibly 5 minutes back from when I lit the bonfire: luck.

Now, IIRC, I DID ASK QUESTIONS about my unstable bonfire, because I want to know what that was about. I have several questions about this, and I seriously want to know what is up with that. My most logical guess is that something went wrong, and the bonfire could not be lit due to a temporary error in the game... but since it was somewhat related to all of this, and I've never heard of it before, I asked about this here, where it was relevant.

Now instead of calling me a troll, possibly ask -why- I might be reacting certain ways, and understand that throughout all the time I've been here, I've only been incorrect about probably 4 things that were not complete "what is your opinion" type questions; and so I might have a good reputation because I don't post misleading information unless I want to know more about something, or don't understand what is going on.

Anyone that can't see this, simply because of her post count, is blind.
    If my postcount is changing if people believe me at all, then I'm ashamed to know all of you. Actions speak louder then words, and I'd hope any bias is based on my actions, rather then the amount of times I speak.

EDIT: And now for a completely irrelevant fact.

I was just walking through the parish, reading soapstones, and I just found one of my old ones... I left this in NG, not even NG+... The stone says "Stabbing in the back?" and it has 93 ratings on it. Never expected that.

Also, if you believe I'm spreading false information, would it kill anyone to just downrep me?

Your "social life is rather low tech"? What is that supposed to mean? You use a pc and internet and you are very very active in a forum, you have a tv and a ps3 or xbox and you play an rpg with an online aspect. But you don't have a phone. Or any cam in your house. Is that what you're trying to imply? Understand, please understand, that this is VERY hard for me to believe.

And you try to tell me, that a completely new, never before seen message showing up, a message that (if it really exists) is put there by the developers for a reason, but no one else ever had on their screen, is irrelevant and not worth getting excited about for that exact same reason: because no one else ever had it on their screen??? The fact that makes it so exciting is at the same time the fact that makes it not woth getting excited about? I don't get it Rynn, that argument is just literally twisted.

THAT IS what gets everyone hyped - NO ONE ELSE HAS EVER SEEN IT BEFORE. And it the reason why every other person in this thread looking to find out new stuff would have freaked out in front of their tv and had taken a pic. But NO, YOU JUST DON'T BOTHER AT ALL AND JUST MOVE ON TO A NG?!?!?!

I don’t get it Rynn I really don’t.

Sorry but your actions are in no way comprehensible to me.

I've now come to the point where I will only believe it if I get to see proper pics. Until then, my only option is to judge it by what you typed (obviously), I'm sorry.
    Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jorund Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:53 pm

I think everyone needs to calm down a little bit. First of all,

It is just a game. Yes, it's chock full of secrets and... whatnot, but it is just a video game. Literally a fake, virtual world. I'm all for uncovering the secrets. I'm excited as balls about this possibly new discovery.

Darkson, my sister is the exact same way as Rynn: plays 360, has a computer, internet, etc her phone doesn't have a camera, and she doesn't have a digital camera. Believe it or not, there are people in the world like that.

And probably from the beginning, you should have, as Fireless said, take everything Rynn was saying with a grain of salt without pictures provided. I also understand that Rynn feels it's quite insignificant unless replicable--which I also agree with. If we can't get those words to show up on anyone else's screens, well, then, who cares? Her example about the Cleric armor is a good one. Now if we can start getting it to show up in other places, then that'll really be something.

As I said, I think we all need to take a step back. This chase has seen a lot of people go hollow, and I don't want to see anymore.

EDIT: Has anyone thought--since, you know, we're on Lautrec's side now and all--killing Rhea each playthrough now?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:55 pm