Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+49
Lancelot
Sorrow95
GrinTwist
IV_Mark_VI
Shkar
RNsunbro
Nybbles
Chr0m3
Phantasmio
Knight Alundil
Aces ovr Eights
Aramat_857
DigitaLinsanitY
matthewm7
Cynic
Bloodios
ICEFANG
tofucactaur
Darkson
Jorund
bmurn
Shabbalaba
Scirvir
Doelker
Lachsfilet
Ghadis_God
RandelOolacile
befowler
Eolan
dead_boy
roomsixteen
baby_beavis
VinheimProfessor
Rynn
Bold berthold
Dark Souls PRO
Green__Eagle
ublug
Gawain
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
BoilerFan8472
swordiris
skarekrow13
Tolvo
Isirith
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
JoeBroski09
fireLESS
53 posters

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 13 Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by Cynic Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:42 pm

I'll refrain from boosting them for now. I'm sure there's got to be some other use for the fire-keeper souls other than just holding onto them.

Also, has anyone ever tried putting any of the other lord souls into the lordvessel?
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 13 Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by RandelOolacile Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:58 pm

Cynic wrote:I'll refrain from boosting them for now. I'm sure there's got to be some other use for the fire-keeper souls other than just holding onto them.

Also, has anyone ever tried putting any of the other lord souls into the lordvessel?

Other?
    Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cynic Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:06 pm

As in the boss souls. Aren't they called lords or something? I may be wrong...
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:10 pm

Oh, well I usually hold onto them and the vessel doesn't let me submit them, they just stay in my inventory. :/
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:22 pm

Cynic wrote:As in the boss souls. Aren't they called lords or something? I may be wrong...

Boss souls are different from Lord Souls; they are weaker, and they are more equivalent to a very potent enemy whereas a Lord Soul belonging to Gwyn, The Witch and Nito allowed them to fight and destroy immortal dragons. Only Lord Souls can satiate the Lord Vessel. The Lord Souls are four shards of Gwyn's given to the Four Kings, the shard given to Seath, the Bed of Chaos' and Nito's.
    Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cynic Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:29 pm

Alright, I thought that maybe O & S might be considered lords.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:30 pm

Jorund wrote:Okay Rynn, makes total sense, but then what could be so significant about these no bonfire runs? I'm on your side, just trying to make sense of this...
    Why are you asking me? I'm made no sense of anything either, I just reported my findings.
    Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cynic Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:53 pm

Do I have to use the Lost Izalith shortcut before switching covenants? Or will it close on me?
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:08 pm

It will close once you leave the covenant. big grin
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:24 pm

Anyone around level 133 on X-box? I seriously need help with Smough to continue.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:34 pm

What is your level? I will be getting on soon and I will PM you my gamertag to help. I just deleted my SL 140 character, but I do have a 125 character ready to help
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:48 pm

SL 233, I typo'd with that one silly
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:57 pm

Just killed Gwyndolin. That empty chest had a pendant inside.
    ...I don't even.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:59 pm

Rynn wrote:Just killed Gwyndolin. That empty chest had a pendant inside.
    ...I don't even.
    That's awesome!! Def does not usually happen.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:01 am

Think about this. No bonfire simply makes sense.
    My warp options:
    1)anor Londo. = Seath
    2)firelink shrine = Nito
    3)queen witch = BoC
    4)Stone dragon

Boom.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:04 am

fireLESS wrote:
    ...I don't even.
    No, that is useless.
    *tosses it on top of my other 40 pendants*
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:06 am

No bonfire makes for some epic runthroughs.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:07 am

a pendant? That's a big deal...that thing is always empty for me.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:57 am

MudoRH wrote:a pendant? That's a big deal...that thing is always empty for me.

I absolutely agree. Beaten the game many times, never seen nothing. Can't wait for NG+ to see if I get one. Call me a geek if u want. I crave this stuff like crack.
    Anyway,
    I can basically jump through the catacombs crazy fast. Ramps and ****! U can just jump down three times and Ur in giants in no time at all.
    It seems intended to me. Everything about an extinguish run seems intended. Game is freaking awesome!
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:13 am

I like your excitement, fireLESS! Admittedly the more I play the more it feels like the proper way. When I first read through your theory I wondered about a ramp in difficulty, now I realize the game plays in a circular fashion when doing no bonfires, naturally flowing from one area to the next, like it was meant to.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:28 am

Rynn wrote:
    fireLESS wrote:
    ...I don't even.
    No, that is useless.
    Wait wait wait,. You mean Gwundolin, the suspected person in the painting with the pendant, is sitting next to a chest that can have a pendant in it?! That is big news.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:33 am

MudoRH wrote:I like your excitement, fireLESS! Admittedly the more I play the more it feels like the proper way. When I first read through your theory I wondered about a ramp in difficulty, now I realize the game plays in a circular fashion when doing no bonfires, naturally flowing from one area to the next, like it was meant to.

Thank you!!! Just as I have been saying! The reason for the whole thread!
    It seriously plays like it makes sense. The shortcuts the routes the covenants the serpents. Playing it another way and you are confused. Playing it where Rhea is vs Lautrec, it makes sense. If u don't agree then try it, and I think u will see I am right!

I should get to NG+ by tomorrow. I have licked everything but BoC and Gwyn. I Still have many things to consider before fighting Gwyn. I failed to get the damn moonlight sword from Seath. My phantom murdered him, like a pro I must admit. Oh well, I think the weapon is interchangeable with Logan's spells. Hence the descriptions.
    ToG was cake, btw. Ridiculous shortcuts make the whole thing easy, and Nito is slow.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:34 am

Rynn wrote:
    fireLESS wrote:
    ...I don't even.
    No, that is useless.

Again rynn thats a much bigger deal than your making out! If you posted that in the pendant theories thread it would blow up....
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:35 am

Mr less i have a moonlight greatsword for you....

Seriously a *** pendant in the empty chest in gwyndolins hall is the biggest pendant news since miyazaki's interview...
    Aramat_857

Post by Aramat_857 Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:47 am

(1st post) cheers

fireLESS, good job with the no bonfire run.

If the pendant is indeed in the previously empty chest in Gwendolyn's area... Did Reah drop one in the undead church? If not, then this may be the same pendant, which may mean that Reah and Gwendolyn could be linked in some way.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:58 am