weirdest armor in the game

    Share
    avatar
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

    Posts : 1722
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : IL

    Re: weirdest armor in the game

    Post by Whknight on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:37 pm

    Female Hollow Birthday Suit. Yes I said it, and I consider it armor because there is a two piece involved!

    Being serious, Havels. Some may remember this from another thread long ago but, who in their right freaking minds wears a suit of armor carved from slabs of rocks? Actually who even makes it?

    Off tracking, Armor of Artorias where art thou?!


    _________________



    I don't always bask in the sun, but when I do I am grossly incandescent!

    XBL(Silver) - Whknight009

    Swift and True! Become a member of the Helpers Brigade!

    avatar
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 140
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 104
    Location : Latria

    Re: weirdest armor in the game

    Post by justwant2play on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:45 pm

    Saw one guy wearing Smough's chest, witch hat, and one of those skinny light pants. I couldn't help but laugh along the way while I was helping him.


    _________________
    Playing in Latria.
    avatar
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

    Posts : 2631
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Montreal

    Re: weirdest armor in the game

    Post by BLA1NE on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:35 pm

    ^Haha I like to do that for fun! Smough's chest with Big Hat on.


    _________________
    Blaine Incarnate
    avatar
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 244
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-01-22
    Location : The Abyss

    Re: weirdest armor in the game

    Post by Teh_hapy_octopus on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:39 pm

    Deadmeat95 wrote:Makes ya wonder what kinda person asks to have armor made that looks like that.

    he didn't ask for that it was simply modeled after himself just slightly larger to use as armor big grin


    _________________
    (PSN) teh_hapy_octopus big grin
    avatar
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 139
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-01-23
    Age : 31
    Location : Brazil

    Re: weirdest armor in the game

    Post by Blazefury on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:12 pm

    Brass armor is beautiful, I'm prolly changing to that. Smough's has got to be the worst set, the armor has nipples for christ sake.


    Last edited by Blazefury on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    PSN - leandropuc86, you can add me.
    Toons:
    SL 108 Pyromancer - VIT/END and +10 Fire Gargoyle Halberd
    SL 123 Warrior - STR/Faith Hybrid, +15 Man-Serpent Greatsword/Sunlight Blade
    avatar
    xXDaemonarchXx
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 165
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : Ohio

    Re: weirdest armor in the game

    Post by xXDaemonarchXx on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:15 pm

    sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:dark wraith armor is cheesy as heck, skulls and bones are just so overdone and overwrought, understated elegance is what i want from my armor. i.e... well none of the armors in this game... they're either plain or flashy, nothing in between...
    Eastern armor seems to fit that description, not too flashy, not too plain. and I think its elegant....ish :face:


    _________________
    Hurrah xXDaemonarchXx Hurrah
    avatar
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 140
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 104
    Location : Latria

    Re: weirdest armor in the game

    Post by justwant2play on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:18 pm

    xXDaemonarchXx wrote:
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:dark wraith armor is cheesy as heck, skulls and bones are just so overdone and overwrought, understated elegance is what i want from my armor. i.e... well none of the armors in this game... they're either plain or flashy, nothing in between...
    Eastern armor seems to fit that description, not too flashy, not too plain. and I think its elegant....ish :face:

    Except the helmet doesn't look like a classic Samurai helm. I mean, c'mon, if they were going to add an "Eastern" set at least make sure the helmet looks like one of those bad-a$$ helmets you see in those Japanese samurai movies.


    _________________
    Playing in Latria.
    avatar
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

    Posts : 2631
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Montreal

    Re: weirdest armor in the game

    Post by BLA1NE on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:31 pm

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Eastern Set isn't supposed to be a Japanese Samurai. It's supposed to be Chinese. Hence why Shiva isn't wielding a katana.

    But now that you mention it, a badass Samurai armor is conspicuously absent from the game... DLC! Please, From.

    Edit: oh man, now I really want this! I want the DLC to be a full-on new area, of course, but have armors and weapons too. Samurai armor with a flag standard that can be wielded in the off-hand, and goes on the back when dual wielding... WANT!


    _________________
    Blaine Incarnate
    avatar
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2313
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : How should I know?

    Re: weirdest armor in the game

    Post by Yarxov on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:32 am

    The flag should be constant like IRL, mounted on your back.
    I would want Fluted armor!


    _________________
    I do not live in hopes of a better tomorrow, or in blissful dreams, but I live for those who live no longer.

    avatar
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 828
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: weirdest armor in the game

    Post by JY4answer on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:37 am

    I want those lobstered plates like real knights, Japanese samurai armor, and real chinese armor, not that ridiculous Eastern set that misleads the world.

    By the way, Havel's has very little crotch protection.
    avatar
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 139
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-01-23
    Age : 31
    Location : Brazil

    Re: weirdest armor in the game

    Post by Blazefury on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:39 am

    The thread is turning from "weirdest armor" to "armor request" lol. Some other weird ones: the Adventurer set, especially the helmet. Gargoyle helm looks like yer guy has a small beard or something. Catarina set makes you look like a big moving onion. Crystal looks plain bad.

    There are the usual ones too. I'm dueling at the Kiln and I just cant stand fightning people wearing Havel's or Giant's with DWGR anymore.


    _________________
    PSN - leandropuc86, you can add me.
    Toons:
    SL 108 Pyromancer - VIT/END and +10 Fire Gargoyle Halberd
    SL 123 Warrior - STR/Faith Hybrid, +15 Man-Serpent Greatsword/Sunlight Blade
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: weirdest armor in the game

    Post by RANT on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:14 am

    BLA1NE wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Eastern Set isn't supposed to be a Japanese Samurai. It's supposed to be Chinese. Hence why Shiva isn't wielding a katana.

    But now that you mention it, a badass Samurai armor is conspicuously absent from the game... DLC! Please, From.

    Edit: oh man, now I really want this! I want the DLC to be a full-on new area, of course, but have armors and weapons too. Samurai armor with a flag standard that can be wielded in the off-hand, and goes on the back when dual wielding... WANT!

    the badit armor looks just like a samurai armor, specially the chest part.
    avatar
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3627
    Reputation : 144
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 23
    Location : World 4-2 Demon Souls

    Re: weirdest armor in the game

    Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:17 am

    im betting on more artorias stuffv in darkroot, like an abyss forest combo, maybe some eastern armor twisted like the darkwraith stuff


    _________________
    ლ(ಠ_ಠლ) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: weirdest armor in the game

    Post by RANT on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:30 am

    Blazefury wrote:The thread is turning from "weirdest armor" to "armor request" lol. Some other weird ones: the Adventurer set, especially the helmet. Gargoyle helm looks like yer guy has a small beard or something. Catarina set makes you look like a big moving onion. Crystal looks plain bad.

    There are the usual ones too. I'm dueling at the Kiln and I just cant stand fightning people wearing Havel's or Giant's with DWGR anymore.

    crystal armor looks pretty bad but the helm looks awesome.
    avatar
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 828
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: weirdest armor in the game

    Post by JY4answer on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:35 am

    RantFromRant wrote:
    Blazefury wrote:The thread is turning from "weirdest armor" to "armor request" lol. Some other weird ones: the Adventurer set, especially the helmet. Gargoyle helm looks like yer guy has a small beard or something. Catarina set makes you look like a big moving onion. Crystal looks plain bad.

    There are the usual ones too. I'm dueling at the Kiln and I just cant stand fightning people wearing Havel's or Giant's with DWGR anymore.

    crystal armor looks pretty bad but the helm looks awesome.

    I'll wear it just to show the mask+giants/havels. "Oh I wear a mask too. Too bad its not as popular as yours."
    avatar
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

    Posts : 2631
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Montreal

    Re: weirdest armor in the game

    Post by BLA1NE on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:56 am

    @Rant

    I was thinking more like this though:



    _________________
    Blaine Incarnate
    avatar
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 140
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 104
    Location : Latria

    Re: weirdest armor in the game

    Post by justwant2play on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:06 am

    They need to bring in an Eastern armor that looks like Yoshimitsu's (from Tekken)...with that frightening mask.


    _________________
    Playing in Latria.
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: weirdest armor in the game

    Post by RANT on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:31 am

    like just said kinda like yoshimitsu from tekken, the gargoyle mask kinda looks like a samurai mask. but yeah, i think its weird that they didnt make a samurai armor.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.

    Sponsored content

    Re: weirdest armor in the game

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:16 am