Spider Shield for pvp

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Spider Shield for pvp

Post by RANT on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:40 pm

since everyone has a damn bow with poison arrows now i started using it and i gotta say it annoys the crap out of bow users since it has poison and toxin protection and 100% phys too with good fire res but crappy magic res but really good stability for a med shield. so far im loving it and have have been succesful with it, anyone else out there using it too? also before anyone else says grass crest is better because of the stamina regen just stop lol i have green blossoms for that or moc.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: Spider Shield for pvp

Post by BackwardsBaboon on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:45 pm

I've read here, on several occasions, that the spider shield's poison resistance does not work in pvp. Are you confirming this as untrue?

PSN - BackwardsBaboon

Sanity Is Overrated!
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:49 pm

it is untrue, i kept getting hit by poison arrows and didnt do anything, billy can confirm it since i fought with him a couple of times. it protect against poison and toxin. it even says it on the shield.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:50 pm

maybe youre thinking of artoria's shield? i heard people talk about how its spposed to protect you from poison and it doesnt since ive seen people get poisoned while using artoria's shield.

FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:56 pm

Idk, ive used it and still gotten poisoned. It disappointed me,greatly. It seems to slow the rate the status builds, but it doesnt block it completely. I really like that shield too, i used it as pretty much my main shield on that pyro build with the winged spear.
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:18 pm

its true spider shield blocked the poisin......cheers rant

"No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you

lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:42 pm

But can it block my dung pies?

Positive votes received : 80
    Negative votes received : 74
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN on Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:46 pm

Rant do like i do. I amways ran in a bow to oppent straight away. So they cant hit me. Its easy and u can use another shield u like. I actually never use shield exept woth claws cause i dont have an option.
    And i do this all the time and i (almost)never get hit bye arrow. Just run straight to oppenent in a bow(dont know how to explain bit i can show u)

Dark Souls addicted...I love our Fight Club!!!
    Fight Club Level 120 Thread
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t3178-fight-club-sl120-psn
    Fight Club Level 225 Thread
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t1472-fight-club-sl225-psn

cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:48 pm

Let me help gob. Bum-rush the **** out of bow users. Seriously, think of it like rugby and rugby tackle the ***!

Props to BindMind for the sig!
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:24 pm

i just tested it and it only works on poison arrows, its weird.

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:24 pm

i alwasy unlock and run sideways, they never hit you unless they manually aim.

ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:43 pm

I use the blood shield alot, it does basically the same thing against poison etc

War Organizer, Surtr : http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t8556p150-character-bio-compendeum#201274
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:05 am

It's a good shield, and is good in FC as you can't BS them without the "OMGZ, U R SOOOOO B@@@@@D" speech, so yeah, it's a good shield silly

Acidic Cook wrote:Ejaculation of the Gods in front of a woman is considered dishonourable... you use Emit Force to make her Ejaculate; That is considered honourable.

PSN: Helmethed, add me if you wish to duel.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:44 am

meh, i still like it the main reason is it looks awesome. it has 70 stability which is nice.

BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:25 am

I used poison arrows a lot in Sen's with my troll build. I ran into a few people using the spider shield, and it always took me a few arrows before I realized that I wouldn't poison them! (Although, you can still poison them if they're not blocking...)

But for the minor annoyance that being poisoned causes in a duel, is it really worth your shield? It's a decent shield, but I feel that among the other options you have, picking the shield that blocks poison isn't the greatest attribute you could have in PvP. If you're going to pick an unconventional shield for its resistances, I'd go with the bloodshield. That bleed resistance, in my opinion, is a much greater asset than blocking poison.

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:38 am

I’d always have moss to use. It’s a lot easier than to switch shield all the time or go with the spider shield.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:09 am

BLA1NE wrote:I used poison arrows a lot in Sen's with my troll build. I ran into a few people using the spider shield, and it always took me a few arrows before I realized that I wouldn't poison them! (Although, you can still poison them if they're not blocking...)

But for the minor annoyance that being poisoned causes in a duel, is it really worth your shield? It's a decent shield, but I feel that among the other options you have, picking the shield that blocks poison isn't the greatest attribute you could have in PvP. If you're going to pick an unconventional shield for its resistances, I'd go with the bloodshield. That bleed resistance, in my opinion, is a much greater asset than blocking poison.

in all the time ive pvp'd i think only only been bled once, you can do the roll escape thing that makes bleed weapons useless. i like the way the shield looks but i think im gonna stick to my beloved heater shield adn dark hand.

BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:50 am

I don't get bled very often, but it does happen more often than getting poisoned! And I just ignore the poison when it happens, whereas I roll around a lot when I'm getting bled to try and roll through it. Most of the time I manage to do it, but sometimes I miss and take the hit.

I'm also a fan of the Heater, myself. If I used a shield, it would be that one! But for a long time my shield of choice has been the notched whip. silly

Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:05 pm

i love the notched whip, you can do a lot of thing with it, parry, attack parry spammers since it cant be parried too bad you can riposte or bs(strangling animations would fit perfectly). i guess ill just have it in my inventory for archers since i only have the heater shield and grass crest on my inventory with about 5 weapons i use the most.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:13 pm

The spider shield has a lot of content than I question as to why it is there in the first place. I will say that the sheiks is excellent at what it does, and as you can find two if not a bandit in total (Depths, which interestingly has a eat with a battle ace in his eye, and the bandit corpse on the drake bridge).

Looking at the sheild, I question why the bandit, out of everyone, has it. Still, the stability, resistance, and the poison degration qualities have made me use it more than once in the past. Out of all the starting classes, the bandit has the best sheild to block and take hits, and Tge sheild can still be useful after NG++. PvP wise, the sheild has saved my hide more than once, which I can say I have a sense of respect for it... I still prefer the skull lantern and dark hand as sheilds, as well as Effigy.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:25 pm

i would use the skull lantern more if it could parry, that thing is awesome though. effigy shield is one of my favourite shields and imo the coolest looking shield in the game. ive been invading as a bandit cosplay recently which is the reason i upgraded it and i found out about the poison arrows res.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:11 pm

If the skull lantern could parry, I would drop the Dark Hand straight away. sadly, I ask for other things from it, so I can not say much.
    befowler

Post by befowler on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:19 pm

I love the spider shield +15. 70 stability at 3.0 weight is nice, and its resistances aren't bad 'cept for magic. I know it blocks poison from arrows, and am almost positive it also works on poison knives and large clubs. Toxic is a problem though, even in PvE (like the engorged hollows in PW).

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:22 pm

And the R@ attack of my Gravelord Sword twisted
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:32 pm

i remember my first time in PW , holy crap was it fun. i cant wait for the next souls game, i miss my first playthrough:(

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:45 am