Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
JoeBroski09
SlakeMoth
6 posters

Crystal Cave Blues

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Crystal Cave Blues Empty Crystal Cave Blues

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:17 pm

I'll never make a mountaineer. I've fallen to my death so many times my bruises have got bruises. Someone, please get out there and show this poor sap the way. I've tried arrows and ended up aggroing a moonbug, who promptly blasted me off the walkway. Why haven't I got a spraygun, then I could paint my way across?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Crystal Cave Blues Empty Re: Crystal Cave Blues

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:20 pm

.. do you need help?
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:28 pm

The moonlight butterflys won't attack you if you don't attack them. The two invisible walkways required to make it to the end of the level are straight paths. They're fairly wide, but you can test them with prism stones or arrows just to be safe.

The one tricky path is the one to the
    Spoiler:
    which looks like this.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:30 pm

The way, so to speak, is: Take the first invisible path North, go West along the first icy beam (defeat the guardian golem), clamber up that slippery hill, drop down Northward (if you turn around there will be a hidden cave housing a few Crystal Lizards for you to kill), after you've done that, just follow the invisible path Northbound - do not waver - and you will reach the other end of the Crystal Cave.

I'm sure some of our tech-savvy members can provide you with a 3D diagram of the Crystal Cave but I hope this helps.
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:34 pm

I still struggle with that place, every single time I go, and my soon-to-be FC build still has to kill BoC, Nito, and (you guessed it) Seath the HidingAcrossABunchOfInvisibleWalkways... I mean Scaleless! I'll be on in about 30, if you want I can TRY to guide you across. Might at least provide you some comic relief (and save you some humanities) watching someone ELSE fall to their death!

EDIT: Guess I should asked your sl first...derp! Mine's 80 right now.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:03 am

There are 5 invisible paths in there. I'll try and explain the layout as best I can without pictures (which I could provide if you like--I do have the map viewer, but I prefer not to abuse that program).

The 5 Invisible Paths:
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:09 am

Just want to thank all of you for your offers of help. There are some great people on this forum. I persevered after I sent that desparate plea and managed to get the Blue Slab which was what I was after (hooray) and now all I need to do is get to Sleath (again) and try (again) for The Darkmoon Blade. Getting behind that s.o.b. is a pain.

Also, managed to get a Channelers Trident in the same session so I'm a happy bunny right now.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:37 am

You mean the Moonlight Greatsword?

Easiest way to get behind him is to bait him into destroying his own crystal. Run to the back of his cave, stand next to the crystal until Seath makes his way over, then he'll draw in his breath, telegraphing his intent to attack you with his crystal beam. When he draws in his breath, start running for his back tail. He'll destroy his own crystal with his attack, and paralyze himself temporarily in the process, giving you free time to run to his tail and whack it a couple times.

When you're solo, this might not buy you enough time to cut it off. But last time I tried, I actually managed to get a lot of damage in this way, then finish it off using a bow and a well aimed shot! I was able to snipe his back tail with a bow while standing in front of him. Not the easiest solution, but it beats getting stomped by his tails when trying to run behind him...

Good luck!
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:02 am

@Blaine. What can I say except thanks loads!? I'll try your suggestions next session. I hadn't thought of using a bow and I'm a big bow user, so it gives me hope.

+1 and well deserved. Crystal Cave Blues 945058907
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:44 am

Happy to help!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:33 pm