Pinwheel's masks ... I just don't get it

About8547Souls
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: Pinwheel's masks ... I just don't get it

Post by About8547Souls on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:32 am

LOL that little comic strip made my day. (That's sad isn't it?)

"Freeze to death! Freeze to death!"
    "Look! Freezing falling cherry blossoms is cool!"
    "I learned something. Above the clouds, ice tends to stick to me, so I should try to avoid coming here."
    "I'm the strongest!"
    "Yeah. I'm the best."

~ Cirno

DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:32 am

I think making it scale with GL rank would be good. And making it only work for Gls would encourage people to join the cov. EoD scaling ... hmm its too easy to get 99, and too many things already scale with humanity. So +3 GL gets the most use out of it.Maybe wearing a mask determines its magic? Like child does the surge, mother does the replicate and father does the fireball?

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:38 am

Hm... perhaps the Mask's would be a key aspect of a bonus to the Lantern Magic. As there may be only one or two (maybe just pinwheel's) lantern to use, and they may increase the power VIA Gravelord Scaling... perhaps the masks would be used to add to the spells similar to the bellow/lingering dragoncrest shields. Perhaps the bonuses from the mask may amplify the Flame and Dark magic differently for each mask in different ways.

Seriously though, what forms of Magic can you invent for the Lantern, or at least find a type of magic to add to it... perhaps a divine resistance buff like Flash Sweat is to fire, and perhaps a Lightning Removal as Magic Barrier is to Magic Damage. Maybe the use of Leeching Magic, similar to the server, can be used for perhaps an occult bolt that also does occult damage.
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:41 am

I think toxic should be a magic it uses. Some sort of occult bolt that also poisons. Or perhaps a sigil that slowly toxcis those who enter. A greater version of undead rapport would also be nice. A blinding flash of light, that disorientates your foe, allowing you to move around unseen for a second (although that would be used solely for BSing unfortunately). Stealing spells would be interesting, reducing a buffs duration or plucking off a HCSM.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:47 am

Undead Rapport?... would make sense.

Better than Skeletons... imagine if there is a Dark Spirit spell for Lantern Users who go into a world as a Phantom: They summon a type of Red Phantom that goes with the world. For example, The Archives is a Channeler in library, while fields is a crystal golem; Catacombs summons a red phantom skeleton, while tomb of giants summons giant skeleton.

Toxic? Would be best to not add to the Lantern, seems to be favoured more for Nito (which uses magic that is similar, however different... more occult than flame, although some). Toxic seems to come from the bone weapon he gives and wields, as well as the baby skeletons that do the same.

Blinding Light may work, although maybe as a bolt aspect... enemies have to be hit by the bolt in order to be distorted. Even better, perhaps a spell that hits enemies and distorts there controls randomly... although not too random.
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:54 am

I like the idea of summoning different foees in different areas. Kinda like a chameleon for monsters.
    I see what you mean about toxic. It could just be poison then.
    A fun thing would be the bolt reversing your controls. So up is down, left is right etc. Be interesting to see ho w people react.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:57 am

People panic. As a Gravelord I have the ability to use physcological warfare :bas:. The use of control change can amplify that significantly.

Speaking of Chameleon, perhaps creating illusive copies of enemies that can instantly die when hit (however can still damage others). Or, perhaps copying the player from two to eight (depending on power, like homing mass and amount of homing orbs depending on adjustment), which are copies that are simple AIs that attack enemies that are around them and attack... however the player only has ONE cast an attunement, and can only have a total of that one spell in general (like Sunlight Spear, Lightning Spears, and other such spells that can only be obtained once).

DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:02 am

S like BPs with no hp? Interesting but if this is a GL item it must go along with GL mechanics. The split into 2-8 makes sense as it allows the GL to deal with ganks but the first one would make more sense if they were invading.

Dark Souls PRO
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dark Souls PRO on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:06 am

For the lantern I think a cool ability would be to duplicate your character. Like you used the power of your lantern and 4 copies of your self appear, they do no damage but will act as decoys, confusing the target while the real you takes advantage.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:09 am

Well, the BPs that can be summoned would be the same as BPs in general, having HP and damage that is that of BPs (close to three times the amount of HP, increased damage, poise, and other things).

The Red Phantom Mechanic would only work maybe if the player was a Phantom... or perhaps a different aspect. Perhaps the Red Phantoms can use the spell only if they were the master of the world, their world. Perhaps the cast is like a guidance sign or synergy ring, sending a Red Phantom creature from the spot of casting for a total of three to seven different players and there worlds, and can lay down three to seven in general with their Lantern depending on rank of Gravelord (having five spell casts per attunement slot). Perhaps they stay their as a Summon Sign, and acts as a Summon point for the Red Phantom.

The copy of the player would maybe be less powerful if they were just decoys, however perhaps if there were two different spell types of it, such as one being a Decoy Copies while on is Supportive Copies. The Pinwheel is able to Copy itself that has copies that can hurt the player. Perhaps another spell type that allows copies that are designed to dodge allows to distort the player. Against, psychological warfare.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:16 pm