Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
BackwardsBaboon
User
RandelOolacile
SlakeMoth
Phoenix Rising
ZikoLogiKa NL
Odinbear
TangerineDream
Owl
Doelker
DamageCK
Serious_Much
bmurn
TehInfamousAmos
Alara78
Federally
Reaperfan
Gazman0169
22 posters

A big shout out to all the old dudes and dudettes out there.

Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

A big shout out to all the old dudes and dudettes out there. Empty A big shout out to all the old dudes and dudettes out there.

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:20 am

At 43 I must be nearing the top of the list of all the old farts who regularly play DkS, at least as far as this wiki is concerned, but if you can top that sign-in, and let's start to show these young whippersnappers a thing... or two... Sleep
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

A big shout out to all the old dudes and dudettes out there. Empty Re: A big shout out to all the old dudes and dudettes out there.

Post by Reaperfan Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:57 am

I'm 21 and what is this?!

I know there are a couple of older folks here (I read a post from someone in their fifties saying how they like to farm souls :shock: ). Anyone you guys' age that can stick with a game like Dark Souls is a gamer worth respecting, so keep on keeping on!
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

A big shout out to all the old dudes and dudettes out there. Empty Re: A big shout out to all the old dudes and dudettes out there.

Post by Federally Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:02 am

Wow and I felt old at 26 lol
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:06 am

The misses keeps saying I need to grow up, but where's the fun in that? lol
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:10 am

Gazman0169 wrote:The misses keeps saying I need to grow up, but where's the fun in that? lol

Maybe my wife will get there eventually but as of now when she sees me setting up the camera to record the TV while I play DkS she just laughs at me.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:28 am

I think she's just miffed because I got our eldest hooked the other day, after she defeated the Asylum Demon on her fifth attempt and just over ten minutes total play time. Not bad for a 10 year old girlie! lol
    Alara78
    Alara78
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Alara78 Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:21 am

Hehe 43 is pushing it dude silly

I'm 33 myself and just became a father, so I hope to teach my son some pro-gaming tips once he gets some hand-eye coordination big grin
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:28 am

Alara78 wrote:Hehe 43 is pushing it dude silly

I'm 33 myself and just became a father, so I hope to teach my son some pro-gaming tips once he gets some hand-eye coordination big grin

Yeah my 6 year old boy kicked my *** in Street Fighter IV a while ago, they learn way too fast.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:35 am

My father plays frequently and he is 54
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:38 am

Happy to hear there is an old man on the forums, gman. My 39 years of age are a mere blip in time compared to how old you are. happy
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:49 am

I know there's at least one who tops you guys, but they can reveal themselves as they choose silly

I think it shows for the greatness of the game that older gamers who most would admit are probably more careful about quality and style of games they buy, many would choose to play dark souls as one of those.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:55 am

Gazman0169 wrote:At 43 I must be nearing the top of the list of all the old farts who regularly play DkS, at least as far as this wiki is concerned, but if you can top that sign-in, and let's start to show these young whippersnappers a thing... or two... Sleep

Tell me, what was dirt like when it was new?

Haha. I'm just kidding, man. This game hooks all types of people of all ages. One day you're just "giving it a try". Next thing you know you're effin' hollow. I've seen it a hundred times.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:27 am

I'm 33 here ... Being or feeling old is an state of mind, nothing else. So who cares...
    And oh god I love my Videogames. I need my fix everyday. At least an hour or two because of my other responsabilities.
    Owl
    Owl
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Owl Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:23 pm

I turned 27 yesterday so I particularly appreciate this thread. cheers

The Souls games are just works of genius. I'm not surprised at all that they draw in a broad audience. I truly believe Dark Soul's popularity could usher in the deeply rewarding difficulty renaissance that the Ninja Gaiden games couldn't.

Dark Souls isn't break-neck paced. It's cautious. It's methodical. And yet you get to play the way YOU want to play. Few games have hit upon a formula so perfectly and I predict we'll be seeing a boom in games that don't just present difficult story choices, but difficult gameplay choices, as well.
    TangerineDream

Post by TangerineDream Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:40 pm

Well i'm 46 and have played DKS for about 600 hrs. I am shocking at PVP but still loving the experience. Best game I have played and I've been playing games 30 years +
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:56 pm

If you think you're hooked now, wait till you start winning. You're going hollow, man. I can feel it. Haha.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:22 pm

55 here, u phuk, lol. How many souls I get?
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:24 pm

DamageCK wrote:If you think you're hooked now, wait till you start winning. You're going hollow, man. I can feel it. Haha.

Yeah PvP almost broke me from all the losing. Then suddenly I won one, then two then starting winning more then I lost in a day. Then I was lost to the world, all my free time is now either playing DkS or editing DkS video lol. It's pathetic
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:24 pm

Im 26 and think I still won't fully see myself as an adult when I reach 40 .,

If you keep your mind positive , young , active & entertained , your body has to follow.

It's mind over matter , if we keep feeling sad or mad our bodies eventually become ill themselves.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:47 pm

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:Im 26 and think I still won't fully see myself as an adult when I reach 40 .,

If you keep your mind positive , young , active & entertained , your body has to follow.

gotta agree, although mid-fifties, my mind and spirit feels much younger, We also go to Music Festivals and Concerts and I feel "just doin'" what you want and living your own life keeps you young. Young is a way of life.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 pm

Awesome an old guy thread! hahaha! I can relate i'm 34 and most of the time when i PVP i trade matches with my 13 year old. Although i hate to admit he's a bit better than me. :oops:
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:52 pm

Might as well join the party. I'm 67 and I've been playing Dark Souls since day one. My husband also plays games & is actually playing Fallout-New Vegas as I type, although he hasn't tried Dark Souls yet. I'm hoping he'll get the PC version with the new content because I can't wait to watch him play it. He says I only want him to get it, so I can laugh at him (don't tell him but he's right). I'd been playing games for 15 years when he took it up and I wouldn't have missed his first attempts for anything (his first game was 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein' on my old XBox. I literally cried with laughter.

Remember aging is inevitable-growing up is optional.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:25 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:
    Remember aging is inevitable-growing up is optional.

+1 for this! Kudos!

I turn thirty in December. I'll stay true to what keeps me happy, but I'm definitely starting to feel my age. =P
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:28 pm

Well... I think I'll just go back to my silent stage now. Now it just seems filled with elders. I feel super young ;(

Actually I always felt young... although I do feel heavy for someone that is about 120 pounds. Must be the lack of feathers on my wings, I'm like a bat.
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:46 pm

This thread is friggin EPIC! As a 32 year old gamer living in an area where the "manly" things to do are hunting & fishing, I certainly feel younger than I actually am. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

It's also kinda surprising to see just how diverse the DkS community actually is!

@Gazman Now I don't feel quite as bad about getting my kids hooked on Dark Souls. My 9 year old son just beat S&O yesterday, with Super Ornstein LAST! He had Solaire & a phantom but still...my jaw hit the floor so hard I had to go under the house to retrieve it!

Last edited by BackwardsBaboon on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 pm