Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

New to PVP

Killa1234

New to PVP Empty New to PVP

Post by Killa1234 Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:26 pm

Greetings, I'm only about 1 week into PvP and having only finished the game once.

LVL 120
    iaito/lighting
    havels set
    dark wood grain ring.

I typically learn quickly and have always been a good PVP player in most games, WOW, Call of Duty ect..

My issue is the following: WTF is up with the BS in this game. Its almost comical how that the only thing people are doing to me. I die over and over to people who just BS. Its starting to feel like thats all people do. That being, said I decided, if you can beat them, join them... not working. Im getting BS from front from side its almost comical. Have I missed something or is this just what PVP is in Dark Souls? Typically takes more then 1 week for me to get bored.

Love to hear you guys call me a newb and so forth, but some intelligent discussion would be nice as well.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

New to PVP Empty Re: New to PVP

Post by RANT Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:32 pm

at sl 120 lightning is not that good due to high resistance armor people use, theres a lot of people that always go for the backstabbed either they suck or their build was made for that, it pisses me off when thats all people do, i always heal when peple go for a bs right away even on a duel, when someone parries me its my fault so i dont care about that and the only time i dont heal when i get bs'd is when i know i made a mistake and let my guard down. basically what im trying to say is youre gonna get people that use cheap tactics to win, if you want more legit duelers go to the painted world or join the psn fight club.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:13 am

Just gotta find a weapon that can counter it. I've been countering with either a claymore or moonlight greatsword. Sometimes you'll still get caught, but other times you'll get a stunlock. I know, it's kinda 'noobish', but they work well in that scenario.
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ted1023 Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:37 am

Killa1234 wrote:Greetings, I'm only about 1 week into PvP and having only finished the game once.

LVL 120
    iaito/lighting
    havels set
    dark wood grain ring.

I typically learn quickly and have always been a good PVP player in most games, WOW, Call of Duty ect..

My issue is the following: WTF is up with the BS in this game. Its almost comical how that the only thing people are doing to me. I die over and over to people who just BS. Its starting to feel like thats all people do. That being, said I decided, if you can beat them, join them... not working. Im getting BS from front from side its almost comical. Have I missed something or is this just what PVP is in Dark Souls? Typically takes more then 1 week for me to get bored.

Love to hear you guys call me a newb and so forth, but some intelligent discussion would be nice as well.

Yes backstabs can get annoying..One thing that I should mentions is the fact you are wearing Havel's gear and DWGR. These too also seem to scream at people "just back stab me". Since the defense is so ridiculously high especially if your turtling behind a shield more experienced PVPers will just back stab you to get it over with cause they are not expecting a clean skilled fight.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:33 am

ted1023 wrote:
    Killa1234 wrote:Greetings, I'm only about 1 week into PvP and having only finished the game once.

LVL 120
    iaito/lighting
    havels set
    dark wood grain ring.

Yes backstabs can get annoying..One thing that I should mentions is the fact you are wearing Havel's gear and DWGR. These too also seem to scream at people "just back stab me". Since the defense is so ridiculously high especially if your turtling behind a shield more experienced PVPers will just back stab you to get it over with cause they are not expecting a clean skilled fight.

Add in the BKGA and even I would want to backstab you. silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:18 pm