Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
bunnywink
ZikoLogiKa NL
DamageCK
Cantankerous_Flood
billy_bayonet
Spurgun
Cubbie4Cubs
11 posters

titanite Slabs from Darkwraiths in 1.5?

Cubbie4Cubs
    Cubbie4Cubs

titanite Slabs from Darkwraiths in 1.5? Empty titanite Slabs from Darkwraiths in 1.5?

Post by Cubbie4Cubs Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:14 pm

So I haven't played Dark Souls in a few months, but I recently got back into it (another 100 hours of my life gone!) anyways I started to farm the Darkwraiths for titanite Slabs and must of done it for about 10 hours without a drop.

Now my question is since patch 1.5, do they still drop titanite Slabs?
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

titanite Slabs from Darkwraiths in 1.5? Empty Re: titanite Slabs from Darkwraiths in 1.5?

Post by Spurgun Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:19 pm

Yes they do. It’s just a rare as before IIRC.
    If you’re having trouble finding one then you can just ask on the forums, i am sure that many of us have a few spare slabs.
    Cubbie4Cubs
    Cubbie4Cubs

titanite Slabs from Darkwraiths in 1.5? Empty Re: titanite Slabs from Darkwraiths in 1.5?

Post by Cubbie4Cubs Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Oh well that's good to know (I don't know how I would react if it changed LOL) Thanks again for the quick answer! (I think anyone who gets a slab from a Darkwrith should buy a lotto ticket!, I know I sure am silly
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:29 pm

I once got two slabs in a row silly And i wasn’t even farming fore them.
    Cubbie4Cubs
    Cubbie4Cubs

Post by Cubbie4Cubs Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:39 pm

Sureeee rub it in why don't you! :shock:

I guess I can't blame the luck stat like in Demon Souls...so I'll just blame you LOL jk silly
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:53 pm

lols oh the farming stories, hours spent getting a trident only to have the channeler in the parish on NG+ drop it......
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:56 pm

From probably coded it into the game just to mess with us silly
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:04 pm

yeah, also the ghost blade from the banshee's for months i thought that weapon was a myth and then it dropped i was like OHHHHHH EMMMM GEEEE
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:07 pm

Why are so many of the really rare weapons so useless?
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:13 pm

irony? i think the hand axe +15 with a buff is a brutal weapon
    Cubbie4Cubs
    Cubbie4Cubs

Post by Cubbie4Cubs Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:12 pm

I feel like if your searching for an Item that you'll spend forever trying to get it, yet if you just play the game without farming BAM! You end up getting like 2 in one run.

I think the rare weapons are soo useless because of the fact that a regular +15 can be buffed (Take away the buff for +15 and its more balanced)...

ahhhh who am I kidding , it's to make us feel extra nerdy when we spend hours to upgrade that special weapon that ales in comparison to that Broken Sword Hilt +15 LOL

I get mad when I am farming humanity from the Skeleton babies for an hour only to walk away with Low Health, Toxin, 0 flasks, 1000000 souls and a bunch of broken weapons not to mention the 10 humanity I farmed <>_<>
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:16 pm

Use the evil eye ring when farming humanity from skeleton babies, only time in the game that it’s useful IMO. You can also 2h with sanctus on your back, using either smoughs hammer/server/butcher knife for maximum hp regeneration. You wont ever need to flask silly
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:43 pm

Speaking of Skeleton Babies, even though this is offtopic from the point of the forum, can anyone tell me why the humanities they drop drift away? Do you think it's because their humanity is so young and frail?
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:38 am

Never had the MSGS drop while playing through on any of my strength builds. Get it on the first run EVERY time on dex builds.

So... I don't use the MSGS.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:44 am

can anyone tell me why the humanities they drop drift away

Lol., you have to pick it up before the skeleton you killed spawns again :cyclops:

Mash a a a a or x x x x and try to keep 1 or 2 alive at all times so the humanity doesn't dissapear straight away... but slaying rats with 410 droprate is signiffically faster & easier

On topic ,

Ive never had a slab drop myself but my girlfriend found 1 in each of her first 2 playthroughs :suspect:

never tried actively collecting them though
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:43 am

Cubbie4Cubs wrote:I get mad when I am farming humanity from the Skeleton babies for an hour only to walk away with Low Health, Toxin, 0 flasks, 1000000 souls and a bunch of broken weapons not to mention the 10 humanity I farmed <>_<>

Isn't it easier to farm humanity from rats? I got 50 humanity in about an hour farming the three rats under the hellkite dragon in the Undead Burg (starting from the bonfire for the Warriors of Sunlight covenant). Just equip the Covetous Gold Serpent ring. It's quick and low risk since it's so close to the bonfire.

I haven't tried farming the skeleton babies. They freak me out.

titanite slab, I've gotten two from farming Darkwraiths. As well as quite a few dark hands.

As for the jagged ghost dagger, I had like 5 of them. Didn't think they were rare, so threw out 4. If I had known they were hard to get, I would've given them away. Oh well...
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:13 pm

^^ It's not the jagged version. There is a Gohst Blade that is quiet rare and its dropped by the Banshees.
    It's useless though, but really rare drop.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bunnywink Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:21 pm

Ohhhh, okay. I haven't gotten one of those... But if it's not listed for the Knight's Honour trophy/achievement and it's not any good, why is it so rare? Can you at least dance with it like you can with the Channeler's Trident?
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:14 pm

Heey bunny .,

Unfortunately you can't dance with it .,

but the Ghost Blade allows you to be able to attack the ghosts without having to use a transient curse.

The ghosts of New Londo clutch this wickedly sharp dagger with their bony hands and make mincemeat of the living."
    "One of the cursed weapons which can inflict damage upon ghosts."
    Cubbie4Cubs
    Cubbie4Cubs

Post by Cubbie4Cubs Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:46 pm

I farm the Babies because of the souls you get from doing it. (I sound like a cannibal now!) BTW do the babies dance? I swear sometimes they get in a large group and they dance?

Also this has always bugged me but why do you get an extra Flask when a Harpy lands on you? (Not the deadly grab) It always happens at the one spot where the harpy flys down on you.

OOhh and the Harpy's scare me because of a Zebra Ladies painting we used to have at the house at a child. (Zebra skin, shape of a tall slender lady with long legs and a zebra tail!) Eh if you were 5 you'd understand haha!
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:13 pm

BTW do the babies dance? I swear sometimes they get in a large group and they dance?

Have you been smoking Green Blossoms ? silly

Just joking man ., I think it might be latency causing it because i've never seen them dance before.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:20 pm

i agree with bunny, farming the rats by the sunlight bonfire is not only faster and easier(the rats dont fall through the floor as consistently as the babies) its also much easier to get to. As for the slabs, ive never gotten a drop from the wraiths, despite them being my main farm for chunks. At least its not like the pure bladestone, slabs you can at least get in other easier to get ways. I am trying to 100% demons right now and it just took me 3hrs of farming.....to get a bladestone chunk. This is farming the BP dual skelly.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bunnywink Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:35 pm

FruitPunchNinja, I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO. *** pure bladestone... Excuse my French.
    Cubbie4Cubs
    Cubbie4Cubs

Post by Cubbie4Cubs Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhbdAVbdEBw

This is what I mean by them dancing together haha
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:39 pm

haha Ive never seen that before , thanks for the link man !

Reminds me of Vanquish where a group of robots would do the same

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:30 am