Battle of the Builds vol. 2

    Share
    avatar
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 189
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-05-26
    Location : Windsor, Ontario

    Battle of the Builds vol. 2

    Post by martyrsbrigade99 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:06 pm

    Hello all,

    Recently I uploaded a 2-part "Battle of the Build" series onto Youtube for which I received a lot of positive feedback. Currently, I'm looking to upload a vol. 2 of the series next Saturday. Thus, I am looking for some CREATIVE builds to showcase. If interested, please reply to this posting with a link to the build using Mugenmonkey, and an explanation of the pros and cons for the build. The more types of attacks/defensive strategies the better. This includes Twop and any other sorcery/miracle that, in the past, has been discouraged. In this series you will be allowed to use ANY sorcery, miracle, pyromancy, with any set of equipment that you choose. My only requests for the build showcase are:

    1. No hornet ring, unless you are an exclusive dagger user.
    2. Make sure to make it known if you are going to have vit more than 1800.
    3. Make sure to make it known if you plan to buff.

    Other than hornet ring restrictions, ALL strategies will be welcomed. In fact, it would be exciting to test some of the Wiki-spaces suggested PvP builds, such as the Crimson Reaper, Jaca's Gravelord Build, or the Gravelord Of Miasma and Death builds, for example.

    The intention of this video series, is to bring a little imagination to pvp builds by allowing the user to display ALL of the benefits to the build.

    The build that I choose for this week's "Battle of the Build" series will be contacted and asked to meet for several matches to showcase the build.

    Thanks! I'm looking forward to the responses.

    PSN: Martyrsbrigade99
    Youtube: Jblackmel


    _________________
    --Extremism, in defense of liberty, is no vice--

    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 516
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-03-24

    Re: Battle of the Builds vol. 2

    Post by Wisp on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:30 pm

    http://tinyurl.com/6pdcxqc

    Pyro/Bow build.

    Poson Mist + Poison arrows
    Kick + GC
    Draw cancel -> BS/Parry/Rolling attack/GC
    Fire surge to maintain distance

    Your choice of main weapon (preferably one with a kick), second ring and extra pyromancies, with a few points left to spare before SL120. I chose the balder sword because i like the move set, and it works well with the draw cancels because of the fast attack speed. Any weapon with a fast attack speed and a kick works for this build.

    Bellowing ring, Leo ring, FaP ring, Cloranthy ring are all good choices (and the obvious banned ring).
    avatar
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3627
    Reputation : 144
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 23
    Location : World 4-2 Demon Souls

    Re: Battle of the Builds vol. 2

    Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:38 pm

    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4379810367078694

    Green lancer, buff the spear with hidden weapon, do not turtle, roll and poke, the spear can easily reach people who are spamming r1 without you getting hit, 2 handing is recommended when confident that you can dodge the next few hits.

    heres the dwgr version, has over 1800 life:

    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2408900092225814

    (im still practicing with this one so its probably not a good candidate yet:P )


    _________________
    ლ(ಠ_ಠლ) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    avatar
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 189
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-05-26
    Location : Windsor, Ontario

    Re: Battle of the Builds vol. 2

    Post by martyrsbrigade99 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:44 pm

    sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4379810367078694

    Green lancer, buff the spear with hidden weapon, do not turtle, roll and poke, the spear can easily reach people who are spamming r1 without you getting hit, 2 handing is recommended when confident that you can dodge the next few hits.

    heres the dwgr version, has over 1800 life:

    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2408900092225814

    It doesn't matter about winning. The objective is to showcase builds for player creativity.
    (im still practicing with this one so its probably not a good candidate yet:P )


    _________________
    --Extremism, in defense of liberty, is no vice--
    avatar
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 569
    Reputation : 23
    Join date : 2012-04-22
    Location : Colorado

    Re: Battle of the Builds vol. 2

    Post by Extertionist on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:22 pm

    [url=http://tinyurl.com/6wgqe4s[/url]
    My King Knight build, uses poison throwing knives, grass, and black firebombs as a side items.

    Pros:
    -looks awesome
    -does good damage
    -very good reach
    -pyro-warrior hybrid
    -options, can use pyromancy, ranged, melee, or tank
    -fast casts
    -stamina recovery
    -mist
    -poisoning capability

    Cons:
    -elemental damage
    -decent health
    -stereotypical use of DWGR and ROFAP
    -medium speed weapons

    Edit: I just read the requirements in detail and I cannot participate if asked as I do not have this build at this time.


    Last edited by Extertionist on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:42 pm; edited 2 times in total


    _________________
    My updated Darkmoon assassin build.
    http://tinyurl.com/7tndsxa

    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 516
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-03-24

    Re: Battle of the Builds vol. 2

    Post by Wisp on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:23 pm

    Lol i just got home and watched the videos and saw short dude using a similar build to the one i posted...
    avatar
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 189
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-05-26
    Location : Windsor, Ontario

    Re: Battle of the Builds vol. 2

    Post by martyrsbrigade99 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:29 pm

    Wisp wrote:Lol i just got home and watched the videos and saw short dude using a similar build to the one i posted...

    I was going to say that. The first featured two pyromancers. I'll need something different for next week.


    _________________
    --Extremism, in defense of liberty, is no vice--
    avatar
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 189
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-05-26
    Location : Windsor, Ontario

    Re: Battle of the Builds vol. 2

    Post by martyrsbrigade99 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:30 pm

    Extertionist wrote:[url=http://tinyurl.com/6wgqe4s[/url]
    My King Knight build, uses poison throwing knives, grass, and black firebombs as a side items.

    Pros:
    -looks awesome
    -does good damage
    -very good reach
    -pyro-warrior hybrid
    -options, can use pyromancy, ranged, melee, or tank
    -fast casts
    -stamina recovery
    -mist
    -poisoning capability

    Cons:
    -elemental damage
    -decent health
    -stereotypical use of DWGR and ROFAP
    -medium speed weapons

    This build sounds interesting, especially, with the integration of the knives and bombs. But, your link didn't show anything. It was a blank build screen. sad


    _________________
    --Extremism, in defense of liberty, is no vice--

    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 516
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-03-24

    Re: Battle of the Builds vol. 2

    Post by Wisp on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:32 pm

    Well, the bow bit is still pretty different. It's basically glorified backstab fishing, using bow cancel to pull of tricks
    avatar
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 189
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-05-26
    Location : Windsor, Ontario

    Re: Battle of the Builds vol. 2

    Post by martyrsbrigade99 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:51 pm

    Wisp wrote:Well, the bow bit is still pretty different. It's basically glorified backstab fishing, using bow cancel to pull of tricks

    But that doesn't sound like the traditional BS fishing technique of the continuous circling until you land the BS. What are you stats? Post the link.


    _________________
    --Extremism, in defense of liberty, is no vice--

    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 516
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-03-24

    Re: Battle of the Builds vol. 2

    Post by Wisp on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:58 pm

    I do it with the pyro build i linked, usually with a hornet on (BSS + Hornet, rather than an estoc, coz i like to be able to kick when using pyromancy). I chose pyromancy to go with it because of the mists and fire surge, but it's really a bow build.

    Essentially, you tap R1 to fire the bow, and then immediately after hit the rolls button or change weapon. The arrow fire will be cancelled. The first time i saw someone use this was Peevepeverson. He had the bow in his left, R1, weapon swap to a shield and parry. As soon as his opponent heard the bow string pull back he rolled forward and attacked, right into Peeve's parry. EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evL9m67mwAM

    You can also do it with cancel into roll BS and cancel into counter bs. So it's fishing in the sense that you're using the bow to set-up critical strikes. Most of your other damage comes from poisoning them, and actually hitting them with arrows. There is loads of stuff you do with bow cancels, i like options that pyro gives you...

    EDIT: I suppose this would be a more pure version of the build http://tinyurl.com/8896jvd, Inspired by http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHWtgGGx5aQ
    avatar
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 189
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-05-26
    Location : Windsor, Ontario

    Re: Battle of the Builds vol. 2

    Post by martyrsbrigade99 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:07 pm

    Wisp wrote:I do it with the pyro build i linked, usually with a hornet on (BSS + Hornet, rather than an estoc, coz i like to be able to kick when using pyromancy). I chose pyromancy to go with it because of the mists and fire surge, but it's really a bow build.

    Essentially, you tap R1 to fire the bow, and then immediately after hit the rolls button or change weapon. The arrow fire will be cancelled. The first time i saw someone use this was Peevepeverson. He had the bow in his left, R1, weapon swap to a shield and parry. As soon as his opponent heard the bow string pull back he rolled forward and attacked, right into Peeve's parry. EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evL9m67mwAM

    You can also do it with cancel into roll BS and cancel into counter bs. So it's fishing in the sense that you're using the bow to set-up critical strikes. Most of your other damage comes from poisoning them, and actually hitting them with arrows. There is loads of stuff you do with bow cancels, i like options that pyro gives you...

    EDIT: I suppose this would be a more pure version of the build http://tinyurl.com/8896jvd, Inspired by http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHWtgGGx5aQ

    This one looks pretty unique. I'll continue to monitor the posts, but, I might be contacting you sometime this week to set up a series of matches.


    _________________
    --Extremism, in defense of liberty, is no vice--

    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 516
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-03-24

    Re: Battle of the Builds vol. 2

    Post by Wisp on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:11 pm

    Hahaha, oh dear, I'm really not very good. If I've got time, I'm all for it, if you can glitch me some stuff to finish my build with. Haven't been playing much DkS though, I'm pretty busy.

    My PSN is MoreThanOneMile, add me.
    avatar
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 189
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-05-26
    Location : Windsor, Ontario

    Re: Battle of the Builds vol. 2

    Post by martyrsbrigade99 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:20 pm

    Wisp wrote:Hahaha, oh dear, I'm really not very good. If I've got time, I'm all for it, if you can glitch me some stuff to finish my build with. Haven't been playing much DkS though, I'm pretty busy.

    My PSN is MoreThanOneMile, add me.

    Well, if you are the one that I pick, you will have to showcase a good demonstration of the build. The intent is to spike the interest in some of the more unique or stand out builds.


    _________________
    --Extremism, in defense of liberty, is no vice--

    Sponsored content

    Re: Battle of the Builds vol. 2

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:31 pm