Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

what would you do differently with this build?

Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

what would you do differently with this build? Empty what would you do differently with this build?

Post by Rifter7 Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:21 pm

nvm.

Last edited by Rifter7 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

what would you do differently with this build? Empty Re: what would you do differently with this build?

Post by Carphil Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:36 pm

Switch mask of the mother for pharis hat
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

what would you do differently with this build? Empty Re: what would you do differently with this build?

Post by Rifter7 Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:51 pm

why that wont help the build at all ahha
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:35 pm

I personally don't like the performance of the Lifehunter Scythe; bleed doesn't work too well in PvP. While it always good to have more resistance, it doesn't trigger often even in low resistance builds. I also don't think the idea of carrying 2 main weapons is a very good one. It is understandable to carry a +5 Chaos Rapier or Bow in your slot, but larger weapons take too much equip weight for me to suggest actually carrying it on you. Instead, if you want to have two main weapons, keep your inventory clean so that it holds only what you need. That way if your Chaos Blade is having trouble popping a turtle, you can switch to your Scythe to get in some Dead-Angles. Here, I remade your build to take a much greater advantage of your Dexterity by improving your Pyromancing capabilities.

The build does have a viable amount of HP, greatly improved casting abilities, and passable defences. Fire Surge gives you a very safe 'poke' that you should be using quite a bit to harass your target. By using the fact that unlocked has faster turning speed, you can cover large swathes of ground in flames. However, don't turn randomly or waste casting of Fire Surge; it should be used to lay-on pressure. The Bellowing Dragon Crest Ring and the Dusk Crown give Fire Surge respectable damage should they think they can just ignore it. You'll be doing very good damage with all your Pyromancies, in fact. I am confident you have firm grasp of all the other pyromancies with build, and how to use them.

While you can use the Lifehunter Scythe with this, I suggest using Great Scythe. The improved range makes it much better, in my opinion, compared to the Bleed effect. The build does have a Bow, which allows it compete with other bow-users and punish reckless Pyromancies. Your current build is good, however. This is just taking in a different direction, the way I would.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:38 pm

Rifter7 wrote:why that wont help the build at all ahha

of course it does help. And +1 for Roan, awesome post!
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:53 am

i prefer being able to swap weapons immediately and lifehunt has better damage if you're good with it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:13 pm