Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
DoughGuy
Wade_Wilson
BartholomewWenceslas
zCorne7z
8 posters

Pricing for Content on Xbox These Days

zCorne7z
    zCorne7z

Pricing for Content on Xbox These Days Empty Pricing for Content on Xbox These Days

Post by zCorne7z Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:15 pm

Anyone else feel like we're being ripped off for mediocre content? 1600MSP isn't entirely chump change, and with both Minecraft and Dawnguard coming out at that price I'm starting to wonder why devs are so hungry for more cash.
    And with all the dumbass casuals are willing to shell out all their money for a dancing monkey that throws its own **** at you when it gets bored, this trend doesn't look like it's ending.
    Let's just hope that Artorias of the Abyss doesn't cost this much, or in my opinion humanity has failed.
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Pricing for Content on Xbox These Days Empty Re: Pricing for Content on Xbox These Days

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:31 pm

1600 MSP is the equivalent of $20, which is a pretty fair price for Minecraft given how much entertainment you can get out of it, and as far as Dawnguard, I don't know how long it is, but Shivering Isles (which was for Oblivion if you don't know) cost $30, so Dawnguard is cheaper than past DLCs made for TES games. I'll agree with you, some games are definitely overpriced, but I feel like those two examples are fine.

Also, Artorias of the Abyss is going to be 1200 MSP/$15.00
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Pricing for Content on Xbox These Days Empty Re: Pricing for Content on Xbox These Days

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:06 pm

I think the pricing on all digital goods should be lowered. With digital, it costs very little to create millions of copies of something on the net - you only need server space, which costs pennies. Charging the same price as a physical copy, which had to be manufactured with real world materials, is ridiculous.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:51 pm

I think the DLC is planned to be abour $10-15 american. And you can complain about game prices after you come to Aus. We pay $90-120 Aus for a new game in store. And really not much better online.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:20 pm

... jesus dough, your government really hates videogames huh?
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:41 am

Ye like dough says, be happy you get it so cheap. I payed 75euro for darksouls here in holland thats like 100$ american lol. But atleast it was worth the money happy.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:33 pm

WOW sound like it would be cheaper to import games from America but ever since ME3 release all DLC has been free except for one so they are being generous Microsoft is now trying to get as much money as possible and many prices are getting bad I could buy an arcade game for 10$ now it ether 15$ or 20$ at least PSN gives out free games every month, but im done complaining
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:44 pm

I piad 20 bucks for Minecraft when it first came out. its a worthy investment, ive been playing it for 3 years now!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:09 am