Demolished my first 3 v. 1 gangbangers

Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Re: Demolished my first 3 v. 1 gangbangers

Post by Yesuurd on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:11 pm

Firsthand, what I love right now is fighting the gang farmers actually at the forest so I could say I hate em but I also need them, they make me better.I have grown in pvp through practice, one vs one made me gro but 3 v 1 made me much better.

You can ask a serial murderer why he did it and he will explain it all as if the logic made sense and some might
    even believe it, this doesn't make it right.

That said, anything in life no matter how wrong can have a seemingly logical explanation, I am sure
    Most who farms at the forest 3 v 1 does it with morals to help people be better blah blah, they use cheap tactics for example:

Attacking while spawning, even though there are 3 vs one.

Twop while spawning, again even though there are more than you.

Bowing and casting as you bow.

Much more stuff, which is part of our game and we learn to evade as I have, but
    the reslity is that the "help" you are giving a noob as you state it is no help at all, it
    Is like spoiling a child and never teaching him morals, they will not learn pvp they will
    learn to stand in the back and heal and maybe use chap tricks or get one backstab in there
    while the invader is rolling by a mob.

I beat smouh and ornstein and every boss alone on my first playthrough, because I play
    not only for fun but to feel good at achieving things.

I feel some people have to rethink what help means in this game, sometimes
    I invade and we invaders rarely attack both unless there is more than one host,
    anyways that is what I see mostly.

What do you guys think?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:37 pm

oh well at least when you win a 3 on 1 you get a lot of souls... usually

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:06 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:oh well at least when you win a 3 on 1 you get a lot of souls... usually

Also true...

lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:16 pm

Exactly. My point made. Everyone has their own style of play and must develope it. Though I would say watching how others play is a huge asset to learning these skills. So I would disagree on that point when saying I am baby sitting someone who is a noob. Ask anyone who has co oped with me and they will tell you I have always been very informative on styles and techniques of invader game play. I always point out certain aspects of a players mind set when they invade and try to lure summoners into traps. Like the old forest down the latter WOG spam trap.

I have seen it all and nothing at all suprises me in this game. I feel this knowledge is best past on to a person who is experiancing these things for the first time and are unable to figure out the counter measures to these tricks. Lets just say I'm teaching baby to grow up. I'm just paying it forward to those who also shared their knowledge of the game with me. I have incorperated my own playing style with the information of other players that helped me in the past. But again as I stated before after playing this game well over 2000 hours I am simply saying if it can be done in the game its fair game. I knew some would be upset with what I had to say but I think their arguement that 3vs1 is way worse then a skilled griefer beating up on noobies. They fail to see that this kind of behavour can spawn 3 vs 1 as a retalitory response. I have seen it happen, I get emails of that happening, so your statement is incorrect. They are both bad on equal terms.

If your reponse is to create a posse of "bad a$$" players to kick those 3 noobies behinds is the only solution to this problem. Well then all you are doing is becoming even more of the problem. You don't throw gas on a burning fire thinking its going to turn it off. If you really find 3vs1 so abhorent then I would recommend that you send an email to the games creator saying how you feel. That to me is a better solution then the old lynch mob mentality that doesn't solve the problem but only makes it worse. That is more constructive and not destructive in really trying to resolve what you find unfair and unethical. People are going to continue to play the way they want as long as there are no updates to restrict their method of game play. Do you honestly believe threatening people to stay out of the kiln or else is really going to put an end to that behavour? It will never happen, the only alternative you have is to submit a notice to the games creators voicing your disatisfaction over allowing these game mechanics to be utilized or abused. I know alot of folk are not happy with what is being said but I am pretty sure they know its just the cold hard facts of the truth. And JY I am not yelling at you. I am simply articulating to you my opin. Its too bad that you take offense to this and react with negativity then to simply have a more constructive and postive conversation. Again I am not asking you to see things my way. It is obvious we do not see eye to eye and I respect that. But again I say to you this....two wrongs dont make it right. You and I just see different on the level of wrongness on both 3vs1 and Griefing higher experianced players. But again we are both powerless to do anything about it unless we submit a notice to the game developers. Only they and they alone have to power to change this behavour without stirring up a hornets nest and throwing more fuel on what already is a blazing inferno. Till then I say again if its allowed in the game then its fair game. I may not like it and neither may you, but it is what it is. Ethics has nothing to do with this game. Those are simply restrictions you place on yourself, in a game that was created by others not you nor I. I honestly wish it were different but unfortunately it is not. Just my two cents and opin.
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:15 pm

For starters, I didn't take any offense. Don't worry. I just got the false impression that you did.

As for the discussion, I get your point about greiving and helping biginners. I really do. They're both bad. Greiving and 3on1s are equally bad if you're progressing thru the story. Got it. But I beleive you're missing my point.

It's not about what we can and can't do in the game. It's what we should do together to have fun, without deliberately causing pain to others. In your 2000 hours of Dark Souls, have you ever had fun summoning or being summoned to stand and wait at invasion spawn points? Is that any fun at all? Does anyone learn anything from that? You keep talking about co op, but me and the rest are talking about the Kiln, where everyone knows its a duelling area. People go there deliberately to cause pain to others. They might have been greived before, but going there to screw up all invaders? Isn't that exactly what you've been calling "childish labelling"?

There are plenty of games that have 1on1 or 2on2 or 3on3 multiplayer modes, and lots of people love it. We just want to do the same on this game that we all love. But when people come and exploit that, is it wrong to be agaisnt it? True, all we can do is plead the developers to do something about it, which is unlikely. That's why players set unspoken rules. Its like flash mobs, roleplaying, in-game dance parties, knife-only games in fps games, etc. We do it for fun. And when people come and screw things up there's nothing we can do. But it doesn't mean we shouldn't complain, especially amongst ourselves.

lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:06 am

Again I see your point on how you feel and in some ways I couldnt agree with you more. And I can see why others may see it the same way. And I respect those that are able to follow their own code of ethics and not play in ways they feel exploit the games dynamics. I just disagree with people wanting to retaliate with the same type of behavour. It doesnt progress any type of constructive dialogue moving forward. If only inflames the issue more. But as great a game Dark Souls is there are flaws in it which I wish could be resolved. Maybe we may get lucky and perhaps one of the game developers is actually coming here to read comments that we make. And if that is the case they may take to heart some of the recommendations we have made or would like implimented. You never know. All I can do is continue to play the game the way I do and try to help others get better.

That to me is much more important because if they find enjoyment in this game they may recommend it to others who have yet to experiance this wide expanse world of DkS. The more people that join it becomes a benefit to us all. I would rather spend my time promoting the positive aspects then dwelling on things I can't change. But these forums are here for anyone to state their experiances in this game. I would just hope that veteran DkS players would step up to the plate and try to discourage and not promote lynch mobs from festering and infecting what should be an enjoyable experiance for all, despite some of its flaws and those that exploit them. Just my opin.
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:13 am

There are some times of the day all I'll encounter are farmers. Those last days I've won lots of 2v1's. I'm yet to prevail in a 3v1, since my unbuffed Man-Serpent Greatsword isnt enough to kill these guys in two-three hits. I just need one more attunement slot so I can spam WoG at them...

SL 123 Warrior - STR/Faith Hybrid, +15 Man-Serpent Greatsword/Sunlight Blade
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:49 am

The truth is, it takes a huge amount of skill to go in there without wearing a full heavy set and using some of the most despised miracles when outnumbered like this.

I sometimes go in with no armor just to test myself, but physical defense and poise are huge factors since stagger and damage will be your end and it is almost imposible someone will not land atleast one blow to you.

Others also spam WOG and most are using big weapons, but also using a big weapon and staggering the host will most of the time leave a window open for the others to BS you, it's a tricky thing all of this.

FC for life!!!
    LOLRagezzz
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by LOLRagezzz on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:03 pm

I've forgotten about using Wog since I've been using force to knock farmers off bridge in kiln. big grin

PSN-- LOLRagezz
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:08 pm

LOLRagezzz wrote:I've forgotten about using Wog since I've been using force to knock farmers off bridge in kiln. big grin

hmm haven't tested that out will give it a go, what I use WOG is basically to get some space from them
    so that sounds good, although force does not stagger equally to WOG does it?
    LOLRagezzz
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by LOLRagezzz on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:57 pm

Yesuurd wrote:
    LOLRagezzz wrote:I've forgotten about using Wog since I've been using force to knock farmers off bridge in kiln. big grin

hmm haven't tested that out will give it a go, what I use WOG is basically to get some space from them
    so that sounds good, although force does not stagger equally to WOG does it?

I'm 3/3 on hillarious victories with it from DM/DW invaders trying to kill me in the cathederal rafters in Anor Londo. big grin

PSN-- LOLRagezz

Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:13 pm

Glutebrah wrote:whats more impressive, winning a 3v1.. or beating S&O first try, first play through no help.

I almost broke my CD in half trying to beat that boss, I nearly beat them on the very first try but failed. I then proceeded to get invaded repeatedly and try to solo that boss for 2 straight hours with no humanity sad

Darktide - SL 160 - Dex/Int/Str Murakamo Build
    Flask = My win
    Sorcery = Useless
    I get negative rep points for making a valid point
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:01 am

any specific advice for using the great scythe/ iaito or an alternate wep recommendation? if i can separate them i usually kill one in the next 3 sec or so but the smart ones stick together and bs me if i swing the scythe more than once, and if i use the iaito they turtle. and i never get anywhere.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:05 pm

lorenzo110 wrote:JY4 how is that any different then those who grief by not leveling and beating up on less skilled players. You cant call out one without calling out the others. Thats what I am saying. You seem to miss that point entirely there.
    I guess in your view there is nothing wrong with high skilled invaders not leveling and beating up on lower less skilled players then videoing it and putting it on youtube saying look at me how great I am. How is that any different then those camping? You speak of ethics but do not discourage that behavour while you condemn the other.
    Can you explain how that is any different? That type of behavour is reprehensible. To post childish video on the internet saying look at me how great I am. I don't level up and I grief on noobies and show how easy it is for me to beat 3 noobies up because I got more skill and they don't. That attitude is no different then those that decide they are tired and getting raped by the skill player and want to get even with them buy inviting their buddies to join in on a good ol fashion gang bang. Are both these types of behavour wrong? Or right? Or one is better then the other? Whose to judge. You? Me? Others?
    Look we may not like this type of behavour buddy but its a fact that it infects this game. All I am saying is play the game the way you choose to play. If you want to label people then that is on you but remember others may not like your game style either and you may get ripped for it.
    Just let your game style speak for yourself and maybe it might inspire others to play with that same attitude instead of griefing on each other. But to have a signature saying We are hunters We hunt the farmers. Well lets just say to me that says it all about how you view fairness in this game. I guess we just both see the dark souls world in different light. But hey just all I'm saying is you play the game the way you want to and I will play the game I want. And we leave all these childish labels out of the game. They are not needed because everyone can be placed in that catagory when you get right down to it. Because in the end we are all hunter and farmers. One world one love LOL. Just enjoy it while you can. Just my two cents.

I agree to some extent, but you need to get your facts straight. Doing a 3v1 against a griefer at the Parish is totally ok. I hate griefers and I'm totally against that type of thing, but we're not talking about them when we're at the Kiln.

Look, I'm SL 123, built for PVP and I just wanna invade someone in order to duel. If they're just trying to beat the boss, alright, gang up on me all you want. But I'm a Darkwraith (in the matter of fact, I was, had enough of that kind of farming bullcrap). I cant grief at SL 123 (and I never did), in the matter of fact I can only invade people with higher SL's than me.

So, why is someone standing right at the entrance with two sunbros waiting for me to spawn? They're not going to level up anymore, they dont need souls, they dont need items as they're fully geared, so, what's the point?

So, both behaviors condemnable, but dont try to "defend" farmers. They're not doing it because they got abused. They're doing it because they're idiots, and this game is full of them.

JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:39 pm

Blazefury wrote:They're not doing it because they got abused. They're doing it because they're idiots, and this game is full of them.

Careful, you might offend some people on the forems

Joking, but seriously, I really don't get the point of farming. Not even a hint.
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury on Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:23 pm

JY4answer wrote:
    Blazefury wrote:They're not doing it because they got abused. They're doing it because they're idiots, and this game is full of them.

Careful, you might offend some people on the forems

Joking, but seriously, I really don't get the point of farming. Not even a hint.

Lol, guess not. Most players here are honorable from what I can tell, but we're the minority.

JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Was having a great time invading at the Kiln today, and then I ran into a farmer trio. One phantom at each corner, and the host bows, thinking I'm stupid enough to believe him. Sadly for him, I've had enough experience to check while I spawn. So immediately I run towards the bridges. One word needed.

Force
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:46 am

JY4answer wrote:Was having a great time invading at the Kiln today, and then I ran into a farmer trio. One phantom at each corner, and the host bows, thinking I'm stupid enough to believe him. Sadly for him, I've had enough experience to check while I spawn. So immediately I run towards the bridges. One word needed.

Force
    I met the dumbest trio on that note earlier. Three of them at Kiln, ran to the bridge. one ran in first, I forced him off. The others saw this and charged in again and I forced the Second off. The host waited then since he finally learned, so I ran to the other side and he decided to cross the bridge. Gotta love the Dragonslayer Bow, three easy kills on farmers. lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:04 am