Japanese Players vs. Rest of the World.

Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Re: Japanese Players vs. Rest of the World.

Post by Gazman0169 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:32 am

Oh, and for what it's worth I don't think you have anything to apologize for, as you were merely expressing an opinion on something you've observed, which you have every right to do.

Hahalo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hahalo on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:32 am

The only reason they were believe to be better was because they launch Demon Souls about 3 months or 6months (lazy to wiki the exact date different) before English version.

By the time we (those that got stuck or intentionally wanted Asian server) started pvp'ing, they already have 3-4 months advantage.. that's a lot by Souls series standard.

I recall Dark Souls have only 3days different between Japanese and English version. And yes, a good number of us that played Demon Souls, came back to join Dark Souls. Thus the Roll BS, Stunlock was so efficient being done by Vet Players that new players didn't stand a chance at the very beginning.
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:43 am

^This is true. I stand no chance at the Burg. Still fun, though. I also don't feel anything anymore when I get cut off in traffic. First thing that comes to mind is how many times I've been roll bs'ed, and I just stop caring haha!

FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:05 pm

I completely agree with blaine. I think your love of anime is blinding you, lol. I run into MANY japanese players who are in giants/mom with a crystal DGM doing nothing but fishing for bs. They are no different. Theres also this stereotype that japanese/asian gamers are better more talented gamers, this makes no sense.
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:11 pm

There's an historical context people miss sometimes. Korean proficiency at Starcraft comes from the fact Starcraft came out just when personal computers started to bloom in South Korea. Hence, a lot of South Koreans were able to experience the game shortly after it came out, and the fact the requirements were low allowed even more people to enjoy it.
    It was just a lot of coincidences that ocurred at the same time, mostly.

There's no such thing as Magical Ethnic Videogame Powers, people.

Proper story’s supposed to start at the beginning. Ain’t so simple with this one. Now here’s a kid whose whole world got all twisted, leaving him stranded on a rock in the sky.
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:44 pm

Hahalo wrote:The only reason they were believe to be better was because they launch Demon Souls about 3 months or 6months (lazy to wiki the exact date different) before English version.

By the time we (those that got stuck or intentionally wanted Asian server) started pvp'ing, they already have 3-4 months advantage.. that's a lot by Souls series standard.

I recall Dark Souls have only 3days different between Japanese and English version. And yes, a good number of us that played Demon Souls, came back to join Dark Souls. Thus the Roll BS, Stunlock was so efficient being done by Vet Players that new players didn't stand a chance at the very beginning.
    actually the japanese versian released only 2 weeks before the na versian, this actually caused quite a few of my friends to get it on the x-box because they were actually afraid of the asian players which i thought was hilarious. To me japanese players are no diffrent from any other region you will find cool players and you will find the typical "outfitted to win" players from everywhere. And last night when i was co-oping on my sl 25 tarkus at the bell gargoyals, 3 times in a row the same japanese player invaded and he was useing dwgr, combustion,claymore, mask of father, tower set, etc. All three times when i was just about to finish him off he d/c he did it everytime. Honorable my a$$. Using all of that equipment to try to take down a sl 1-20 newbie's and cant even die, gotta quit.

Last edited by T-King-667 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:55 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:I completely agree with blaine. I think your love of anime is blinding you, lol. I run into MANY japanese players who are in giants/mom with a crystal DGM doing nothing but fishing for bs. They are no different. Theres also this stereotype that japanese/asian gamers are better more talented gamers, this makes no sense.

I hate those people, I summoned a guy with a DGM and I was yay a fe,low DGM user, he pops up casts twop and backstabs my *** lol I kept summoning after and everytime he did the same thing lol, I just bsd him every time he tried to cast twop, the funny thing is kept bowing right before doing it lol.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:09 pm