Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
SlakeMoth
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
WyrmHero
Uparkaam
Onion Knight
bloodpixel
Darkson
Forum Pirate
befowler
DeathlyLemons
Serious_Much
15 posters

I tried to give you another chance.. and this is how you repay me?!

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

I tried to give you another chance.. and this is how you repay me?! - Page 2 Empty Re: I tried to give you another chance.. and this is how you repay me?!

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:14 am

well I don't bother with legendary items much.. You don't even need them to beat faust truthfully (though it helps to give one to your magic-weak tank as he does only magic attacks), I just looted EVERYTHING I could. stuff like the physical ring and therapy ring are invaluable.

Okay lol, and then Dart is like 35 or something, annoyed me you couldn't swap him out, just made him way too good, that and red eyed dragoon/ divine dragoon are beastly silly
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

I tried to give you another chance.. and this is how you repay me?! - Page 2 Empty Re: I tried to give you another chance.. and this is how you repay me?!

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:20 am

lol I ALWAYS put the therapy ring on dart. Both because I always need him healthy and because it allows me to get through his massive additions list faster. Is the physical ring the hp boost one?
    Im gonna use my wargods calling on albert soon. Flower storm is just stupidly diffiicult. Did you know if they counter it after the animation you have about 1/10 the tume to hit x or it fails.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:48 am

Yeah, that annoys me, but luckily on the last additions the counters are rarer (or they seem to be at least), it depends which attack they counter you on to be fair though even if it fails the addition still is like.. 300% damage or something and a load of SP too silly

haha, therapy ring I always use on the women due to their lower health then I gave whichever woman I had in my party the dragon helm. I don't use physical ring much (only on haschel and it's extra 50% HP), think dart always had a bandit's ring and magical hat like a baws.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:52 am

Yeah at level 0 darts final is 250% and 150 SP. Cant wait to see it at lvl 5. Havent checked Alberts although I now its massive.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:54 am

His level 5 I think is 450% and 150SP. You've probably got his weapon/armour that gives him extra 50SP at the moment silly

alberts gets him 200 SP and damage I think is around 400%?

Meru's final addition is the best though.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:01 am

Only on her second atm, though I think Im near the end of it.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:04 am

yeah, Meru's is really annoying, has like 5 additions but only get her at half way point which is annoying.

After Zenebatos, I'd really go and train additions in valley of corrupt gravity (there's a spider that does physical barrier) so you can get your main party's final additions and it'll probably get your D levels up too
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:07 am

lol surprisingly everyones at 3 or 4 I'm pretty sure, cept Dart who is at 5. But yeah I was planning on doing a fair bit inside mayfil, as I wanted to have a better party to go through it than last time.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:13 am

yeah, that's how mine was too, except I had D level 5 for miranda.. but you want the extra D levels really so you can call dragons.. though the only one which is actually worth it is the white silver dragon, it's just too powerful 100% all and 100% heal all, ridiculous.

Just like final burst with dart is also too powerful really, I think it's closer to 100 than 75%
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:16 am

Yeah its the only one I really use since most bosses are single targets. I've used Haschel's a bit before since it did over 5000 damage to the divine dragon soul.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:19 am

Seriously? wtf? Haschel's meant to be fairly weak with magic silly All I ever do is his combo attack cus he does hadouken/kamehameha at the end of it winking

Don't think i've ever gotten to 5000 damage before.. Highest I've done is like bit over 2000 to the water dragon at the end of disc 2.. Always underlevelled even after doing all the side quests lol

Have you done the kill the former dragoons bit? I love those fights.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:25 am

Yeah I did them on my curent file cause I missed them the first time and then couldnt find my way back when I wanted to do them.
    Have you noticed when you die you do less damage the next time round? I remember because it was so absurd. I died a few times against the divine soul and the first time it did 5000, then 3500, then 2000. Super pissed.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:23 am

never noticed that..

To get to the dragoons, you have to fly to deningrad, then walk through the ice tundra to the city again, not too long and definitely worth the exp and fun.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:25 am

yeah i think i went to the tower of flanivel the first time. Got it the second time round though.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:02 am

I like Meru. Meru, Dart, Rose is usually my party, because both Rose and Meru can heal with magic and Rose and Dart hit hard. It does leave Dart as the tank though, which he's not the best at, but I have 2 healers so it works.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:07 am

Rose can heal with magic? No way you use astral drain for that? Doesn't do anywhere near enough to be useful most of the time :|

And Ideal party is Shana/albert/dart, but replacing meru with shana probably makes your party overall far more powerful after all your spells in your inventory are used up
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:26 am

It leaves room to breath. Rose's heal is to buy time for Meru to heal and/or preserve items/mp for the long fights. With the below average hp party, it works fine.

I can't use albert. His additions are weird, he's irritatingly slow, and his magic defense is low. His additions are weird, did I mention that? I can never do them.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:31 am

Really? How long has it been since you played it? I can do every addition the majority of the time now, I think when I was younger I must have been retarded or something cus I find it simple.. Even final additions..

Albert's great though. All you need is to whack bandit shoes and ring on him, and he's just ridiculous how good he it. Powerful, fast and a good tank. Also he has the 20MP spell that halves damage for 3 turns, invaluable against bosses! The magic defense I solve by just giving him equipment to boost it much as I can.. In the long run it doesn't matter due to his health, speed and power outweighing his one weakness.

I keep one woman in usually to focus on healing, hence why I rather have meru or shana/miranda, also they can thrown spells i found on the floor at the boss and it makes pretty short work of them once my dragoons are used up for a bit (though bosses usually don't make it past my dragoon turns with dart)
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:50 am

3 years back. Thats kinda how I feel about Rose. Glass cannon that she is (by comparison anyways) I boost her attack as much as possible and laugh because her final addition out damages her dragoon attacks. Maybe swap to dragoon for the defense boost if hp gets low, heal, repeat.

If I remember right Darts attacks are about the same in either form, and I don't really attack as a dragoon with meru, just magic.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:22 pm

Yeah, it's pretty funny that by end game, it can be bad to go into dragoon form.. Only reason to is for dart's magic and female's magic, usually my tanks are worse in Dragoon unless you get all 5 D additions (which I don't get too often lol)

I always just open bosses with the dragoons. I'm a very all out type of player on it, but then again it's a pretty easy game in general so being careful doesn't matter too much haha
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:36 pm

Yeah, hard it is not. Party selection is mostly preference, and I can never get all 5 dragoon attacks. I transform everyone at once so darts will auto max while rose and meru cast.

In my experience, if a jrpg is actually hard, its in optional bosses most of the time. They type of boss that would wipe the floor with the final boss. Legend of dragoon has 1, its just a serious pain to get to. Something about all the stardust I think.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:40 pm

Yeah I did him, he's not that hard for a so called super boss...

The ones in final fantasy however... jeezus some of those are stupid
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:45 pm

What game are you talking about?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:04 pm

legend of dragoon, bro winking
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Is it good?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:30 am