Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
FruitPunchNinja
DamageCK
LordRevan
Odinbear
8 posters

Backstabbing

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Backstabbing Empty Backstabbing

Post by Odinbear Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:46 am

Recently joined forest hunter cov. And think maybe I finally understand the terms Griefers GAnkers (nother story tho). My question is, I get backstabbed a lot. Lot of times the guy is not even behind me. Flipped into backstabs too ( tried rolling away and boom, the BS)

Also, seems everyone is fishing for this glitch (the SIDE BACKSTAB) hmmmm

How's it being done? Are they using lag as the enemy?
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Backstabbing Empty Re: Backstabbing

Post by LordRevan Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:09 am

Try to always roll sideways, if you roll toward or away from an opponent then the usual outcome is a back stab. On your screen lag will make it look really weird too as if they aren't behind you or similar.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:15 am

Watch BS tutorials on YouTube. EWGF's is the best I've seen. Pretty much essential info for PvP. And a lot of Forest PvP is just BS spam anyway.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:20 pm

The hit box for the back stab is kind of on the side and back. Like your characters kidney area, i think im not a doctor lol. Forest is just a back stab competition, and i think its fun every once in a while but it gets boring. You can get back stabbed as you roll away and as you roll/flip towards them,very easily. Lag does play a part in it, but you can learn to be less predictable with your footwork/rolls and hinder a majority of attempts. Not saying thats easy, cause i certainly dont have it down perfect.
    Oniramkenobi
    Oniramkenobi
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Oniramkenobi Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:41 pm

Its probably just lag . It maybe seem like a "Side Backstab" on your Screen, but on his Screen it looked totally legit .
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:44 pm

The best thing to do is also the worst thing to do. Learn counter backstab. Wait until they try to backstab and do it first. I know, this makes PVP nothing but two dudes circling each other trying to get a BS, ridiculous but necessary in the forest.
    WarriorOfBenOwnage
    WarriorOfBenOwnage
    Regular
    Regular

Post by WarriorOfBenOwnage Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:18 pm

After a while you learn to avoid anyone coming anywhere near your back. Keeping good range on the opponent with a weapon like the Pike or a greatsword of some kind is a good idea. That, and anticipate the lag. Practice timing the amount of lag. Practice, practice, practice, is the key to the forest.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:17 pm

backstabbers are generally easy to kill just learn to lock-off as you take your swing and flip 180 mid swing to catch the little fekers, best to use a good stun weapon for this

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 am