Backstabbing

Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Backstabbing

Post by Odinbear on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:46 am

Recently joined forest hunter cov. And think maybe I finally understand the terms Griefers GAnkers (nother story tho). My question is, I get backstabbed a lot. Lot of times the guy is not even behind me. Flipped into backstabs too ( tried rolling away and boom, the BS)

Also, seems everyone is fishing for this glitch (the SIDE BACKSTAB) hmmmm

How's it being done? Are they using lag as the enemy?

In a world with so few RULES, its always rough when someone plays in a way you think is unfair. Get over it.
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Re: Backstabbing

Post by LordRevan on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:09 am

Try to always roll sideways, if you roll toward or away from an opponent then the usual outcome is a back stab. On your screen lag will make it look really weird too as if they aren't behind you or similar.

DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:15 am

Watch BS tutorials on YouTube. EWGF's is the best I've seen. Pretty much essential info for PvP. And a lot of Forest PvP is just BS spam anyway.

Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:20 pm

The hit box for the back stab is kind of on the side and back. Like your characters kidney area, i think im not a doctor lol. Forest is just a back stab competition, and i think its fun every once in a while but it gets boring. You can get back stabbed as you roll away and as you roll/flip towards them,very easily. Lag does play a part in it, but you can learn to be less predictable with your footwork/rolls and hinder a majority of attempts. Not saying thats easy, cause i certainly dont have it down perfect.
    Oniramkenobi
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Oniramkenobi on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:41 pm

Its probably just lag . It maybe seem like a "Side Backstab" on your Screen, but on his Screen it looked totally legit .
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:44 pm

The best thing to do is also the worst thing to do. Learn counter backstab. Wait until they try to backstab and do it first. I know, this makes PVP nothing but two dudes circling each other trying to get a BS, ridiculous but necessary in the forest.

I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    WarriorOfBenOwnage
    Regular
    Regular

Post by WarriorOfBenOwnage on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:18 pm

After a while you learn to avoid anyone coming anywhere near your back. Keeping good range on the opponent with a weapon like the Pike or a greatsword of some kind is a good idea. That, and anticipate the lag. Practice timing the amount of lag. Practice, practice, practice, is the key to the forest.

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:17 pm

backstabbers are generally easy to kill just learn to lock-off as you take your swing and flip 180 mid swing to catch the little fekers, best to use a good stun weapon for this

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:03 am