A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Share
    avatar
    Rarity
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 73
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-06-20
    Age : 21
    Location : Equestria/Sweden

    A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by Rarity on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:57 pm

    All Finnisd ides are posted here http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t7431-dark-souls-top-rpg-finnish-d-detail-s

    I want to thank my sweethart Acidic_Cook for helping me IMENSLY!


    Last edited by Rarity on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 3 times in total


    _________________
    The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want;

    He makes me lie down in green pastures.
    He leads me beside still waters;
    He restores my soul.
    He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.

    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5753
    Reputation : 193
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by User on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:59 pm

    You mean... like Dungeons and Dragons roleplaying type, or more so Dialogue Roleplaying?
    avatar
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Cali

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by cloudyeki on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:01 pm

    Most probably the first, Cook.

    Lordran would make an interesting setting, though I'm curious about if you'd somehow include the other countries of Dark Souls.


    _________________
    Spoiler:

    Props to BindMind for the sig!
    avatar
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1658
    Reputation : 65
    Join date : 2012-01-22

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by bloodpixel on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:03 pm

    >Treasure chest.
    Open chest? Y/N
    >Open chest.
    >Chest eats you.
    >YOU DIED.


    _________________

    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5753
    Reputation : 193
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by User on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:06 pm

    Ok... well Lordran would be easily a good place to have, as the area is fruitful and the different areas in the game are swell. There are a good amount of roleplaying mechanics you can add, and probably more than what Dark Souls actually allows for the player.

    As it will have game mechanics different that normal Dark Souls, enemies such as skeletons leading to the Catacombs will probably be less... defeatable without a good weapon and a good roll most of the time, or a low weapon with VERY HIGH rolls.

    Since undead come back at bonfires, the aspect of resurrection and death would not really be needed; As Dark Souls is a quick detah for those who miss and are unprepared, the bonfire mechanic for the Tabletop might be usable.

    The use of players in your world, as well as possibly another world, would be swell; Two or more groups of people can interact VIA phantoms, and one side can have a gravelord that affects the gameplay of the other world(s).

    As Lordran has almost 20 areas to go to, and there are a good amount of already set NPCs (and possibly NPCs YOU can add), interactive Roleplaying would be there as well.

    Hope that helps.
    avatar
    Rarity
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 73
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-06-20
    Age : 21
    Location : Equestria/Sweden

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by Rarity on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:15 pm

    Acidic_Cook wrote:Ok... well Lordran would be easily a good place to have, as the area is fruitful and the different areas in the game are swell. There are a good amount of roleplaying mechanics you can add, and probably more than what Dark Souls actually allows for the player.

    As it will have game mechanics different that normal Dark Souls, enemies such as skeletons leading to the Catacombs will probably be less... defeatable without a good weapon and a good roll most of the time, or a low weapon with VERY HIGH rolls.

    Since undead come back at bonfires, the aspect of resurrection and death would not really be needed; As Dark Souls is a quick detah for those who miss and are unprepared, the bonfire mechanic for the Tabletop might be usable.

    The use of players in your world, as well as possibly another world, would be swell; Two or more groups of people can interact VIA phantoms, and one side can have a gravelord that affects the gameplay of the other world(s).

    As Lordran has almost 20 areas to go to, and there are a good amount of already set NPCs (and possibly NPCs YOU can add), interactive Roleplaying would be there as well.

    Hope that helps.

    It does honny It does alot!

    I been tinking about a system to Use (AKA Ripoff) And senc i am old World of darkness fan i tink the Old Story teller system

    Example: Your a wizard and you wanna shoot a magical missile at some poor basterd. You have 3 in Intelligence and 3 in Sorcery. You roll 6 10sided dice and hope your roll over 7 (I belive it was a long time sence i play a WoD game) to get a succsess

    And i coude even use the Backround system (You coude have Satus or membership in a covent for exmaple) and we simply replice blood points (Or glammor or whatever werwolfs use) with Manna or sprit engegi or somting.

    Skill/Talents/Knowlge's will be tricker but not impossible (Help from you aswome basteds needed)


    _________________
    The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want;

    He makes me lie down in green pastures.
    He leads me beside still waters;
    He restores my soul.
    He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
    avatar
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1279
    Reputation : 37
    Join date : 2012-04-11
    Location : Firelink

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by Buggy Virus on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:19 pm

    bloodpixel wrote:>Treasure chest.
    Open chest? Y/N
    >Open chest.
    >Chest eats you.
    >YOU DIED.

    Look Skyward


    _________________
    *Busy Drawing*
    Xbl: A Buggy Virus
    Whelp, now I have positive rep.
    Reputation : 30
    Positive votes received : 80
    Negative votes received : 74
    avatar
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1768
    Reputation : 64
    Join date : 2012-04-15
    Age : 32
    Location : NC

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by DamageCK on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:25 pm

    90% percent of the options need to be "YOU DIED", or it ain't Dark Souls. Good luck finding people who are willing to theoretically die forty times while sitting at a table.

    Some other options include:

    Griefed.
    GOD DAMN YOU, BONEWHEELS.
    Capra Demon is immortal.
    Fell off cliff. Again.
    Invested stats randomly. Nothing in VIT. Oops.
    Great Sword of Artorias is the best weapon ever. Oops.
    Invaded. Oh ****. DC.


    _________________
    Like a boss.

    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5753
    Reputation : 193
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by User on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:30 pm

    Hm...

    The aspect of leveling up for Dark Souls would probably be best if it were kept the same, to keep the same shape and flow of the things all together. As players defeat enemies of different types, they absorb the same amount of souls as in the real game.

    The aspect of combat would be best to see with the aspect of ratio in terms of damage on the enemy and their actual health. As you gain extra souls for doing more damage than what HP they have, perhaps doing 120%+ damage in terms of HP would give you extra points in souls.

    As leveling up requires souls, and souls can be used as currency, players would maintain that amount until they either die or spend it. If dead, than the players would have to pick it back up... or lose them.

    With combat, the roll of the dice (you plan on 6 10-sided dice, so that can reach up to 60) should not maintain the amount of damage, rather the hit that the weapon takes. For ranged attacks, they can do more of a chance of critical damage with a high roll, while a low roll would be of a block, dodge, or possibly even a riposte. The weapons would either scale with a different level (intelligent weapons scale with intelligence, strength with strength, mixed with different ones, etc...), or would be the same with weapon types such as elementals (except for chaos, which scales with humanity).

    Hm... the aspect of the dice would also for that of travelling. It might also be used to determin when you get an item from something, and how much of that item. For example, a very high roll can give you 2/3rds of a hollow soldier's equipment after you kill them and get a 58 for dice (I got full hollow soldier and shield gear with one kill once, so it is possible). Could be used to also determin when items that are extremely rare, such as titanite slabs from darkwraiths, would drop.

    The covenants would be... easy.

    Gravelords would be able to allow at least three other people from other world(s) to come to him/her, and also the world(s) infected would have Black Phantom enemies in certain areas as well.

    Princess Guard would be a good covenant for healers, as they are the only users that can heal others without an estus flask.

    Warriors of Sunlight would have a change of reward when defeating bosses, as well as they have access to lightning (which they cna keep after leaving) and sunlight spears (which sunlight they cna not use if leave).

    Way of White will have a resistance of being invaded.

    Darkwraiths would be able to invade possibly without the use of cracked orbs, however they can also buy them from the serpent merchant in Abyss

    Forest hunters would invade anyone in forest

    Darkmoon would invade anyone who is indicted by other players

    Dragon Covenant can be summoned by others to fight for scales

    Chaos Covenant would be more for Roleplaying aspect and dungeon access in Lost Izalith/Demon Ruins

    How is that?
    avatar
    Rarity
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 73
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-06-20
    Age : 21
    Location : Equestria/Sweden

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by Rarity on Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:14 pm

    Acidic_Cook wrote:Hm...

    The aspect of leveling up for Dark Souls would probably be best if it were kept the same, to keep the same shape and flow of the things all together. As players defeat enemies of different types, they absorb the same amount of souls as in the real game.

    The aspect of combat would be best to see with the aspect of ratio in terms of damage on the enemy and their actual health. As you gain extra souls for doing more damage than what HP they have, perhaps doing 120%+ damage in terms of HP would give you extra points in souls.

    As leveling up requires souls, and souls can be used as currency, players would maintain that amount until they either die or spend it. If dead, than the players would have to pick it back up... or lose them.

    With combat, the roll of the dice (you plan on 6 10-sided dice, so that can reach up to 60) should not maintain the amount of damage, rather the hit that the weapon takes. For ranged attacks, they can do more of a chance of critical damage with a high roll, while a low roll would be of a block, dodge, or possibly even a riposte. The weapons would either scale with a different level (intelligent weapons scale with intelligence, strength with strength, mixed with different ones, etc...), or would be the same with weapon types such as elementals (except for chaos, which scales with humanity).

    Hm... the aspect of the dice would also for that of travelling. It might also be used to determin when you get an item from something, and how much of that item. For example, a very high roll can give you 2/3rds of a hollow soldier's equipment after you kill them and get a 58 for dice (I got full hollow soldier and shield gear with one kill once, so it is possible). Could be used to also determin when items that are extremely rare, such as titanite slabs from darkwraiths, would drop.

    The covenants would be... easy.

    Gravelords would be able to allow at least three other people from other world(s) to come to him/her, and also the world(s) infected would have Black Phantom enemies in certain areas as well.

    Princess Guard would be a good covenant for healers, as they are the only users that can heal others without an estus flask.

    Warriors of Sunlight would have a change of reward when defeating bosses, as well as they have access to lightning (which they cna keep after leaving) and sunlight spears (which sunlight they cna not use if leave).

    Way of White will have a resistance of being invaded.

    Darkwraiths would be able to invade possibly without the use of cracked orbs, however they can also buy them from the serpent merchant in Abyss

    Forest hunters would invade anyone in forest

    Darkmoon would invade anyone who is indicted by other players

    Dragon Covenant can be summoned by others to fight for scales

    Chaos Covenant would be more for Roleplaying aspect and dungeon access in Lost Izalith/Demon Ruins

    How is that?

    Covnets Ides are really good. But you dont seem to have a good hand on the stroy teller system.

    The ide is Base stat + Skill = A dice pool withc you need to roll over 7 to count a sucsess. Dose sucsesses will den add up to a total amunt of sucesses. My preimus example he coude get a maxium of 6 sucesses.

    Read this if i am unclear (Wtich i proboly am) http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Storyteller_System

    But lets say with go with a simpler system to yours. Den i wood love to have 100sided dice only and you try to roll lower den you got in a set base stat wid bonus or penaltys.

    Example: Adrian A Way of the Wihte Preist is figthing of The Dark Wraith Lord Know only as ''Black Light''. Adrian has 40 in his Strerngh with his maze and Black Light as 45 in his dextery with his Magical Sword. Adrain Rolls 37 and Black Light Rolls 40. Adrain wins sence he came lower and Dilvers a blow.

    Now if your covent ides are to hold we need to add a element of uncenranty. The fear of invasion needs to present. I wood put this in the hands of the story teller or if he/she/shemale is unreilbie den a chart of sorts. Depnding on the system we go with we can make a chart later.

    I allsow want to add some sort of Moralty meter or Humanit meter that lowers if you invade to much or die to much. And when this reach zero your unhollowd and removed from the game. Humaity can allsow play a roll in dilago with peploe noticeing your slow decay in to madness. Or maby low humanity can help to speek with unhollow's (Why you wood want to do this is up to the charater of course.....)


    _________________
    The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want;

    He makes me lie down in green pastures.
    He leads me beside still waters;
    He restores my soul.
    He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.

    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5753
    Reputation : 193
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by User on Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:17 pm

    I'll come back to your after, my work calls me to leave
    avatar
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 965
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-04-25

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by Azran on Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:43 pm

    I think the problem lies in frustration. Part of the thing with Dark Souls is to die and come back, because you want to succeed and feel like a champ.

    Most of the time, roleplaying games try to tell a story as an escapist device; players don't want to spend a handful of ours just to die repeatedly/get frustrated.


    _________________
    PSN: Azran-

    Proper story’s supposed to start at the beginning. Ain’t so simple with this one. Now here’s a kid whose whole world got all twisted, leaving him stranded on a rock in the sky.
    avatar
    Rarity
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 73
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-06-20
    Age : 21
    Location : Equestria/Sweden

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by Rarity on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:18 pm

    Azran wrote:
    Most of the time, roleplaying games try to tell a story as an escapist device; players don't want to spend a handful of ours just to die repeatedly/get frustrated.

    Well no. I play'd games with high morality rate (Call of Chutullu annyone?) And diening isint the prolbom. Deing and LOSING a carhater you tore your hart out to make is anyoing. Plus deing alot prolboly wont happen. Unless your GM is a arseholl he prolbom wont have a insane high mortality raite.

    Its more about the story unless you dont wont to


    _________________
    The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want;

    He makes me lie down in green pastures.
    He leads me beside still waters;
    He restores my soul.
    He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:37 pm

    I've never played a table top game. But I would totally play a DkS table top game.

    I will come dressed as a pyromancer. big grin Then after, I will burn the house down.


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1279
    Reputation : 37
    Join date : 2012-04-11
    Location : Firelink

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by Buggy Virus on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:27 pm

    Will the BB glitch also be in the table top game?


    _________________
    *Busy Drawing*
    Xbl: A Buggy Virus
    Whelp, now I have positive rep.
    Reputation : 30
    Positive votes received : 80
    Negative votes received : 74
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:35 pm

    Sounds awesome, I question the logistics, however.

    avatar
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Cali

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by cloudyeki on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:35 pm

    JoeBroski09 wrote:I've never played a table top game. But I would totally play a DkS table top game.

    I will come dressed as a pyromancer. big grin Then after, I will burn the house down.

    Sorry, there's a 1 pyromancer per game quota and I already filled it :pharis:


    _________________
    Spoiler:

    Props to BindMind for the sig!
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:16 pm

    HA! You make me laugh. A single laugh. That "ha." Right there. That was you making me laugh.


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Cali

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by cloudyeki on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:18 pm



    _________________
    Spoiler:

    Props to BindMind for the sig!
    avatar
    Rarity
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 73
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-06-20
    Age : 21
    Location : Equestria/Sweden

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by Rarity on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:56 pm

    Now boy! The pyromancer class is big enuff for both of you....

    Spoiler:
    BUT ITS MINE!!!!!


    _________________
    The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want;

    He makes me lie down in green pastures.
    He leads me beside still waters;
    He restores my soul.
    He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:23 pm

    Join the followers. click the image in my sig. And then you will be a pyromancer. Right now, you guys are just laurentius under the fantasy.

    Oh, and Eki, ill pm you the rest of the battle when i get home. Dont want to derail another thread....


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Cali

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by cloudyeki on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:35 pm

    I'm the best Pyro in the forest. Not to mention I'm on smokey's black list.


    _________________
    Spoiler:

    Props to BindMind for the sig!
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:37 pm

    Welp, you aint the best pyro in izalith, blight, nor demon ruins. So.... big grin


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Cali

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by cloudyeki on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:37 pm

    This coming from the guy who had to have that barbie avatar.


    _________________
    Spoiler:

    Props to BindMind for the sig!
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:39 pm

    That was before. Besides, i never said i was the best in the followers. Im sure servant is better than me.

    Oh, and i never said you were better than me. You just arent in izalith, blight, or the demon ruins winking


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin


    Sponsored content

    Re: A TableTop Rolplaying Game?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:44 am