Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith

    Share

    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 274
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-06-08

    Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith

    Post by Raikan007 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:33 am

    Good day everyone,

    I am about to journey into this unkown area and would like a few suggestions on types of weapons which deal good damage to whatever I may come up against?

    What has been the most effective and what shield/ring/armour etc?

    Just a few hints and tips would be appreciated, I have never seen this area nor played it, first time blind winking

    thank you
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:16 am

    Ok. So, there's gonna be a lot of fire. So, I'd suggest using a lightning weapon.

    Also, use the Gold Hemmed set as it has BEAST fire resistance. And the fire defense ring from Sen's would be good, too. Make sure you dodge a lot, as not only is there fire, but big demon weapons.

    Good luck. And have fun dying big grin


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5912
    Reputation : 177
    Join date : 2012-02-27
    Age : 28
    Location : ENGLAND!!!

    Re: Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith

    Post by billy_bayonet on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:17 am

    also you play pre patch so the gold hemled set hasnt been nerfed so its EVEN better


    _________________
    "War is based on deception"- Sun Tzu

    "No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you


    lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

    Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:19 am

    Yeah, I'd rather he play the game that the Developers want him to play... not patching is like glitching, IMO. sad


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin


    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 274
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-06-08

    Re: Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith

    Post by Raikan007 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:21 am

    sounds good guys, just what I was looking for happy

    I have

    +1 Lightning Greatsword (520 damage)
    +3 Lightning Flamberge (490 I think, plus 300 bleed)

    cheers
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:24 am

    I'd go with Flamberge cause it looks cooler big grin haha! 30 damage ain't too much, and if you get the bleed, they just simply die and you feel awesome big grin


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin


    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 274
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-06-08

    Re: Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith

    Post by Raikan007 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:25 am

    JoeBroski09 wrote:Yeah, I'd rather he play the game that the Developers want him to play... not patching is like glitching, IMO. sad

    I tried to update it, could not get it to work! The only "glitch" I have ever used is the one when swapping Bloodred Moss Clump or Purple Moss Clump with Snuggly for Twinkling Titanate as I cannot buy it from the Giant, and I have not abused it either....

    I dont use Pyro, I know that was nerfed too,

    THe game is still fantastic mate, there are no game mech changes.. just a few little things with regards to what and where you can buy certain things and a few weapon/armour etc changes.. its not much different than yours to be honest! its still just as hard if not more so...
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:26 am

    Raikan007 wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:Yeah, I'd rather he play the game that the Developers want him to play... not patching is like glitching, IMO. sad

    I tried to update it, could not get it to work! The only "glitch" I have ever used is the one when swapping Bloodred Moss Clump or Purple Moss Clump with Snuggly for Twinkling Titanate as I cannot buy it from the Giant, and I have not abused it either....

    I dont use Pyro, I know that was nerfed too,

    THe game is still fantastic mate, there are no game mech changes.. just a few little things with regards to what and where you can buy certain things and a few weapon/armour etc changes.. its not much different than yours to be honest! its still just as hard if not more so...
    Well, if you CAN'T patch, then that's not really your fault haha! You can just play the game as you want. big grin Plus, trading snuggly isn't a glitch. It's a golden egg the developers put in there big grin


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin


    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 274
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-06-08

    Re: Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith

    Post by Raikan007 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:30 am

    I meant trading him and leaving one in his nest, quit reload! so I can trade unlimited amounts if I chose... I needed something to help me with Twinkling as of halfway through the game, I think I found like 5 or so... it was depressing! I knew that the Giant sold it so I battled my way to him (those damn archers just above the walkway/arch thing you need to run up to drop down through the fog) tried about 24 times winking then made it!
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:32 am

    Ahh. Well, there's always looking up every single lizard, and killing those haha! The Great Hollow has like 10!


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin


    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 274
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-06-08

    Re: Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith

    Post by Raikan007 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:36 am

    Talking about the Great Hollow, dumbass over here decides to go down after finding the secret and battles his way down (I never got to kill one lizard, I may go back now) then down to Ash Lake, beat the Hydra etc and found the Everlasting Dragon (that was epic, the scenery down there is mind blowing) then I wandered around for like an hour trying to find a way to get back... I did not have the Lordvessel yet... Climbed back the entire way up.. hhahaa, was great though!
    avatar
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5912
    Reputation : 177
    Join date : 2012-02-27
    Age : 28
    Location : ENGLAND!!!

    Re: Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith

    Post by billy_bayonet on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:36 am

    clams.........


    _________________
    "War is based on deception"- Sun Tzu

    "No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you


    lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

    Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing

    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 274
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-06-08

    Re: Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith

    Post by Raikan007 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:39 am

    yeah I know that as well.. get more purging stones than anything...
    avatar
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5912
    Reputation : 177
    Join date : 2012-02-27
    Age : 28
    Location : ENGLAND!!!

    Re: Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith

    Post by billy_bayonet on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:42 am

    its all luck of the draw, i was getting stones constantly then bam 15 twinks in a row,


    _________________
    "War is based on deception"- Sun Tzu

    "No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you


    lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

    Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing

    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 274
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-06-08

    Re: Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith

    Post by Raikan007 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:12 am

    Went in last night, made mince meat of Ceaseless, first time, then down to the Bonfire before that temple! Died once when I got past the Taurus Demons and down to the left where those things dropped down and ate me alive... lol! Anyway, did a suicide run, got the Ember and through the fog to face the Fire Asylum Demon, boom! First time, barely even lost any life!

    Dark Knight Sword +5 and the Great Shield of Astoria works a treat, lightning was not that great...

    Just farming the Capra Demons until I get the Great Demon Machete then its off down that branch up down the stairs just after the Fire Asylum Demon....

    What is left when you first come down to Demon Ruins, on the left where all those big monsters are, to the left of Ceaseless (well below to the left) Think I might back track a bit from the bonfire just under the Capra Demons and see for myself happy

    Not my favourite area's but its been good so far happy
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:21 am

    Raikan007 wrote:Went in last night, made mince meat of Ceaseless, first time, then down to the Bonfire before that temple! Died once when I got past the Taurus Demons and down to the left where those things dropped down and ate me alive... lol! Anyway, did a suicide run, got the Ember and through the fog to face the Fire Asylum Demon, boom! First time, barely even lost any life!

    Dark Knight Sword +5 and the Great Shield of Astoria works a treat, lightning was not that great...

    Just farming the Capra Demons until I get the Great Demon Machete then its off down that branch up down the stairs just after the Fire Asylum Demon....

    What is left when you first come down to Demon Ruins, on the left where all those big monsters are, to the left of Ceaseless (well below to the left) Think I might back track a bit from the bonfire just under the Capra Demons and see for myself happy

    Not my favourite area's but its been good so far happy
    Well, if you have the BK sword, that's pretty hard to beat haha! I'd recommend a halberd lighting, as those have extremely high base damage and nice speed. Can kill those fire statues in one hit big grin and with a really fast strike from far away. Or get the BK halberd. That thing's a BEAST.

    On the left, there's a Soul of a Hero, and the chaos ember. Need flash sweat and all the fire resistance you can get to grab it. Little tip, grab it, heal, THEN get out of the lava. big grin

    You really like big swords, don'tchya? haha!


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin


    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 274
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-06-08

    Re: Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith

    Post by Raikan007 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:33 am

    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Raikan007 wrote:Went in last night, made mince meat of Ceaseless, first time, then down to the Bonfire before that temple! Died once when I got past the Taurus Demons and down to the left where those things dropped down and ate me alive... lol! Anyway, did a suicide run, got the Ember and through the fog to face the Fire Asylum Demon, boom! First time, barely even lost any life!

    Dark Knight Sword +5 and the Great Shield of Astoria works a treat, lightning was not that great...

    Just farming the Capra Demons until I get the Great Demon Machete then its off down that branch up down the stairs just after the Fire Asylum Demon....

    What is left when you first come down to Demon Ruins, on the left where all those big monsters are, to the left of Ceaseless (well below to the left) Think I might back track a bit from the bonfire just under the Capra Demons and see for myself happy

    Not my favourite area's but its been good so far happy
    Well, if you have the BK sword, that's pretty hard to beat haha! I'd recommend a halberd lighting, as those have extremely high base damage and nice speed. Can kill those fire statues in one hit big grin and with a really fast strike from far away. Or get the BK halberd. That thing's a BEAST.

    On the left, there's a Soul of a Hero, and the chaos ember. Need flash sweat and all the fire resistance you can get to grab it. Little tip, grab it, heal, THEN get out of the lava. big grin

    You really like big swords, don'tchya? haha!

    hahah, well I do have one.. silly naaat!

    K cheers, dont need the chaos ember to be honest, I dont have any spells really and do not need a little soul silly Might have to give that a skip!

    I barely have any Humanity on anyway so chaos weapons are not going to do that much more than any other fire weapon, I do have the Large Fire Ember though which I can use to upgrade my Fire Weapons to +10 so its cool!

    I have gone to like my big swords, I used the Uchigatana for most of the first half of the game, its now Divine +4 and have a Fire Iato +3 and a few other much smaller swords, oh and my Lifehunt Scythe +4 happy
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:38 am

    I just say find a weapon you like with a good moveset, and upgrade it to

    Lightning, Fire, or Normal. Depending on your build. If it scales B with a stat you have 40 of, upgrade it Normal.

    Any other upgrade just isn't worth it, including Divine and Magic and Enchanted and Occult.

    It's all about what moveset you like big grin


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin


    Sponsored content

    Re: Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:41 pm