Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
reim0027
Emergence
ted1023
kiwi_commander
strangejoy
aceluby
justwant2play
sids09
ErrJon6661
RANT
Zaku87
15 posters

Tired of the cheating...

ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Tired of the cheating... - Page 2 Empty Re: Tired of the cheating...

Post by ErrJon6661 Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:50 pm

I've been invaded by someone like you SiR10iN. The guy toyed with me using a lightning avelyn for about 25 min. I was sl 13 in the depths. I don't know what happened but he stopped fighting me, bowed, dropped a bunch of gear and then left. I sent him a thank you but never got a reply. Now my sl 34 faith build has a sanctus and I'm just getting into sens.

Relating to the topic, I don't get online or become human (one or the other) until blighttown anymore. Its ridiculous getting invaded by someone in smough's armor with a lightning claymore and getting one shotted by the fat bastard. Anymore I farm and get the DWGR as soon as I get to Andre giving me an edge in the burg against the griefers who are often slower. Then I chain backstab them. I usually lose. A +5 long sword or scimitar is no match for fully upgraded heavy armor and a lightning weapon shreds through my starting gear.

If people work to beat the game at a low level, why invade low levels? Where's the challenge or honor in that? I've considered using the glitch so many times to punish the low level invaders, but then I'm just as bad as them.
    sids09
    Casual
    Casual

Post by sids09 Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:17 pm

I haven't glitched anything yet (heck, I don't have anything worth glitching yet), but I imagine it could be done responsibly as a sunbro-like protection ring for the new kids. I mean I've heard talk of "protectors of lord gwyn" as a player-created covenant, couldn't the same thing be done in reverse to keep young humans from being harassed?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:19 pm

sids09 wrote:I haven't glitched anything yet (heck, I don't have anything worth glitching yet), but I imagine it could be done responsibly as a sunbro-like protection ring for the new kids. I mean I've heard talk of "protectors of lord gwyn" as a player-created covenant, couldn't the same thing be done in reverse to keep young humans from being harassed?

two wrongs don't make a right. now go cut your hair
    nhbdy
    nhbdy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by nhbdy Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Eh, as posted by others I make use of the glitch, but only to gear up new characters and save myself from farming. If I'm using fully upgraded stuff, I will, under no circumstances invade a low leveled world, in fact I'll mostly stay hollow (unless I want to throw a sunbro a medal). This ends when it becomes conceivable that I would have said gear after an appropriate amount of farming.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:39 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    sids09 wrote:I haven't glitched anything yet (heck, I don't have anything worth glitching yet), but I imagine it could be done responsibly as a sunbro-like protection ring for the new kids. I mean I've heard talk of "protectors of lord gwyn" as a player-created covenant, couldn't the same thing be done in reverse to keep young humans from being harassed?

wrong is subjective, ex: id happily play an anti-griefer sonbro but my help would be limited to guidance (if needed) and killing griefers. not invaders, griefers. no helping with bosses unless using a stock( or close to) weapon. if doing these things ment glitching, how is it wrong? by your logic dead angles are wrong too, try fighting without doing that. happens on accident all the time and its integral to the pvp in many many cases.
    sids09
    Casual
    Casual

Post by sids09 Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:08 am

Forum Pirate wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:

wrong is subjective, ex: id happily play an anti-griefer sonbro but my help would be limited to guidance (if needed) and killing griefers. not invaders, griefers. no helping with bosses unless using a stock( or close to) weapon. if doing these things ment glitching, how is it wrong? by your logic dead angles are wrong too, try fighting without doing that. happens on accident all the time and its integral to the pvp in many many cases.

That's what I'm thinking. Most games if there's like an insanely difficult section, throw you an NPC to help out. Dark Souls can't compensate for griefers, but we could if we felt like it.

I'm thinking, like, someone who plays a pure bodyguard role. Don't guide, don't even engage monsters (unless the poor sap is, like, helpless, maybe mercy kicks in if you're human). Your only job would be top-cover against those assholes trying to rack up a newbie-killstreak for youtube.

Or, let them eat cake. I mean whatever. I'm just saying if you really care that much about stopping it, this isn't an unsolveable problem.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:01 am

i dont have an anti-griefer atm but blue orb doesn't have a level restriction so i do a lot of reaping griefer souls who've been indicted in earlier areas, mainly the depths, its horribly one-sided but they have it coming. i'm really there for the ng+ guys passing through because they're reasonably common and usually good and without a sunbro. griefer murder is definitely a perk though. if someone started justice leauge for protecting low lvl players from griefeing id join in a heartbeat btw. love handing out well earned punishment with my great scythe.

Last edited by Forum Pirate on Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hit wrong button.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 pm