(dot)Hack//Anything

NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

(dot)Hack//Anything

Post by NPCWhiteMage on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:10 pm

For any of you who love .hack and want to discuss everything about the series (Show, game, books, universe)

On that note, last night I watched all of .hack//Quantum, the OVA, and so far I think it is the best anime for .hack of all time. I loved the way they showed the in game menus and dropped items. It gave it more of a MMORPG feel instead of the "Oh, well, it takes place in a video game, but we aren't going to add many video game elements" that .hack//SIGN had.

On the topic of Glitching in PvP:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Don't be impressed by something like that Gazman. You got cheated out of your online gaming experience by an unscrupulous game exploiter. You didn't get "owned," you were robbed, there is a distinct difference.

XBL Gamertag: SilentWingsXIII (GOLD)
    XBL Gamertag 2: NPC White Mage (SILVER)
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Re: (dot)Hack//Anything

Post by Forum Pirate on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:13 pm

Haven't watched it actually, but I played a ton of the first 3 ps2 games. Its a..............confusing series.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:19 pm

What is it about?

Obsessed

Post by NPCWhiteMage on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:22 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Haven't watched it actually, but I played a ton of the first 3 ps2 games. Its a..............confusing series.

That is a bit of an understatment, and I think the major flaw in the story telling of the game is that, while the events take place in The World, you don't get a sense of urgency or alarm because you aren't faced directly with the real world repurcussions of the event.

That is what I like about Quantum. While there are still tons of unanswered questions, it did answer more than enough.

Furthermore, the original 4 games (Infection, Mutation, Quaentine, and Outbreak) only showed you Kite's side of the ordeal and not everyone's. So it did indeed make things a lot more confusing.

Can't deny they are fabulos games though.

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Don't be impressed by something like that Gazman. You got cheated out of your online gaming experience by an unscrupulous game exploiter. You didn't get "owned," you were robbed, there is a distinct difference.

cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:24 pm

One of my favorite franchises. I can't wait for the movie to come out on blu-ray so I can finally see it.

I love the soundtracks, it definately something unique to CC. Only one I never got into was legends of twilight, mostly because I didn't like the character designs (it seemed like it was aimed at a younger age group, while sign had a more adult feel to it) I really wanna know what they're gonna do with the series after the movie.

Props to BindMind for the sig!
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by NPCWhiteMage on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:32 pm

Which one? lol

.hack in general is about players who play an MMORPG called The World. The World was built off a previous game called Fragment which was created by a German scientist with the hopes of making a virtual world that was free of racism and the like. He got the idea from an Epic called The Epitaph of Twilight (about a world of sprites being threatened by a horrible wave of death, and three sprites must jounrey together to find the Twilight Dragon to destroy the wave). In this virtual world that the German created he built himself a virtual daughter, Aura, who later becomes a Goddess in the game's backstory.

Things happens, a virus called Pluto's Kiss crashes the internet and disables every operating system esxcept ALTIMIT OS, which quickly becomes the primary OS system for everything. Shortly after, The World R:1 was released.

The series, games, and books, all are centered around events caused by hackers in the game (Hence the name) that cause catastrophic real life problems (Most common is players going into comas)

The details from each series and experience differ, but the core concepts are the same and it is very entertaining.

TL;DR

Its a good series about video games and hackers. Watch It, Play it, Read it.

NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by NPCWhiteMage on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:39 pm

cloudyeki wrote:One of my favorite franchises. I can't wait for the movie to come out on blu-ray so I can finally see it.

I love the soundtracks, it definately something unique to CC. Only one I never got into was legends of twilight, mostly because I didn't like the character designs (it seemed like it was aimed at a younger age group, while sign had a more adult feel to it) I really wanna know what they're gonna do with the series after the movie.

LoT was what got me into TBH. After that I played the games, and fell in love with the game that continues to be my 'par' for MMO's. (Which is why I don't play any, as I fell I will only be let down, lol)

I'm excited for the Movie too, and I heard a rumor that they are working on a new game, but it is just a rumor

cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:09 pm

I grew up watching the midnight run, toonami's old watershed-timed shows. So I got into it with sign.

The new game is dot.hack//versus, a fighting game using CC's ninjastorm style. It's being released at the same time as the DVD and blu-ray, as a bundle with the blu-ray. Yes this is from a trailer I watched, doesn't stop the fact that I'm happy bout it.

And remember everyone, if your going to play online, be sure to stay away from the very pretty girl. You never know when 'she' will turn out to be both a guy and a hacker who is tryig to comatose you.

Props to BindMind for the sig!
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by NPCWhiteMage on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:10 pm

cloudyeki wrote:I grew up watching the midnight run, toonami's old watershed-timed shows. So I got into it with sign.

The new game is dot.hack//versus, a fighting game using CC's ninjastorm style. It's being released at the same time as the DVD and blu-ray, as a bundle with the blu-ray. Yes this is from a trailer I watched, doesn't stop the fact that I'm happy bout it.

And remember everyone, if your going to play online, be sure to stay away from the very pretty girl. You never know when 'she' will turn out to be both a guy and a hacker who is tryig to comatose you.

lololol

What system is that game coming out on? I'm assuming PS3 since .hack has been pretty Sony-centric

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:43 am