Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
befowler
eminusx
Federally
Servant of Priscilla
SunlightCrusader
JoeBroski09
DoughGuy
User
skarekrow13
Shkar
Lancelot
Buggy Virus
16 posters

Solaire as God of War

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Solaire as God of War - Page 5 Empty Re: Solaire as God of War

Post by User Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:41 am

The factors of Past and Present being the only connection of Time is not how it is. Even more so, Solaire disproves it with many factors all together.

For one, the Ring of the Son of Chaos; The Charred Orange Ring. As you know, the Ring is taken only if the player kills the Centipede Demon. The person gets one if they either kill a centipede or the entire demon in general. There is only one known ring to have existed in Lordran, and it says that the Son of Chaos was given it by the Daughters. The Ring is Found in use BEFORE the player confronts the Centipede Demon. Him walking into enemies implies that. Even more so, the aspect of separate worlds is also contradicted by there being two rings in existance, both that of Solaire of Asotra and the Chosen Undead. As the Ring implies only one to have existed, and Solaire is known to have no 'special' qualities other than physical strength... This implies that Solaire got this ring not in the same world.

The reason being, is that the player can pick up the ring, and the ring is found on Solaire before that. As Solaire would have had to confront the Centipede Demon, and the Centipede Demon is there when you meet it (and Solaire still has the Ring), this implies greatly that the concept of future connection is implied, and a tad bit to separate worlds.

Another factor to look at is the players interactions with others. The player is able to be summoned and summon the same players, and kill the same boss for them. This can not imply the past, as the player can help those of the present and past that are form his world... yet the boss still remains. Even the bosses of the Lord and Lord Shards. Looking back at this factor, it would be impossible for there being a 100% factor of no results for one time for the SAME world, if something from the past or present has been resided for one person already. Even more so, the probability of the player just being summoned from the past is false, as that same being can be summoned as well, leaving a connection of the past and future to be so (past and present, present and future, depending on who summons who). The aspect of Time Distorition and there being Separate beings in Separate worlds can be a great aspect of explain this, rather than the aspect of time, as there would at least be ONE change to your world that would include the lost of a mini-boss or a boss, if that has been accomplished in there world. At least ONE Chance of it occuring.

Looking back at many of the people, beings such as Kirk, Beatrice, and others show promise of them being from the actual past instead of them being part of the distortion. However, it may be implied to the player, that many of the phantoms you summon are all from the same point: The Undead Asylum, being rescued at the same cell. Interesting to note, Some things such as the bodies of those of the past and the interactions of these beings (summoning Beatrice in the Butterfly area allows the use of summoning her in New Londo) affects your world, which shows signs of you changing the past... minorly, in these cases.

The Director states that if Solaire is seen in Kiln of First Flame (phantom sign), that he would light the Flame as well as the player. Such change has not happened at all for the player. Even more so, the Time for the player is reset every time they make the two final choices... with all there belongings, with the exception of one, the form of being human. This may aim to bring the player to be able to restart gameplay wise... however Solaire has yet to ever change much when you bring him to the Flame. As time seems to reset every time the player uses the Bonfires, and hollows seem to derive from the Bonfire in general (with the exception of warping and rings of sacrifice), that the aspect of the player going to the asylum may be the work of the Flame... whether it was lit or not.

Now, if the Time Distortion is that of just the Flame or other forms is unknown to have facts... however the Darkmoon and Forest Hunter Covenants seem to have the ability to bring people to worlds that are being raided by invaders of sorts (Heretics or Graverobbers). As the Players can all kill Gwyndolin (which calls players to hunt down these beings) without the use of the actual Moon God to be alive in the world... it may be that some beings have the potential to connect with other worlds and force beings to invade. This does not work with the Forest Hunters, as invasions stop after the boss is killed. Of course, that may be intentional.

Ok. Hit me.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:46 am

"Online play item. Leave summon sign.
    Be summoned to another world as a phantom through your sign, and defeat the area boss to acquire humanity.
    In Lordran, the flow of time is distorted, and the White Sign Soapstone allows Undead to assist one another."
    The same wordking is used on the RSS.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:48 am

Good, Doughboy. We may make you into a real boy some day lol
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:34 am

To be fair emergence my chart and explanation did state that movement can occur across time a well. The only unachievable thing in my explanation was for two chosen undead, aka players to exist simultaneously which is an absolute game law. That's all the straight lines mean. It just represents any contact between players has to be via phantom whilst npcs can exist in body form. It's a simplistic chart but I think we're talking about the same theory. All worlds are always connected but what you see at any given moment is open to fluctuation
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am

My actual concept is more like fog then lines. Do you have any idea how hard that is to draw?
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:15 am

DoughGuy wrote:"Online play item. Leave summon sign.
    Be summoned to another world as a phantom through your sign, and defeat the area boss to acquire humanity.
    In Lordran, the flow of time is distorted, and the White Sign Soapstone allows Undead to assist one another."
    The same wordking is used on the RSS.

lol cmon man. I have already said, yes another world but it doesn't have to be another planet! 300 years ago is still another world in space/time. If time travel is possible, other points of time become other worlds.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:17 am

Maybe worlds as in planets shouldn't be the term we are using. Planes of existence, realms?
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:53 am

Seems like you two agree to me, just too busy debating to realize it
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:51 am

I said that in Skype fed! Don't you try and steal my thunder which doesn't exist!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:19 am

I said it in this thread. Yay thunder! Also, I agree with the term "planes of existence"
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:29 am

No 'planes' should be used to describe the difference between Lordran and the Abyss. We already have a word for the phenomenal in Dark Souls and they are called dimensions.
    Ba22crow
    Ba22crow

Post by Ba22crow Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:40 pm

Just out of curiousity, as I haven't seen it stated anywhere, has anyone noticed that the broken statue of the god of war at the drake bridge is actually taken from anor londo's room where you fight Ornstein and Smough? I doubt it was overlooked i mean its a whole missing statue in a room full, but I would think that if he was stripped of his status and removed they obiviously would have taken down his statue, So what if "he" took it and went to the burg since he was cast out, Where it was destroyed completely and the former god removed from Lordran entirely? It would make sense that the only way for him to return is to become undead so that he would be brought back.

I doubt it's the smith, they may have considered it during design, but obiviously went another route. There are several dead "smiths" in the game that are identical to the living one, and as they all die in the same pose, it leads one to believe that they are a race all to themselves, a "smith race" if you will.

I'm more to believe the exiled god of war did something that sparked a war between gods(God of warlike no?) and was exiled for doing so. This is the reason the non-present gods Velka and Finna are mentioned as they once were more visible in lordran. Even Gwenevere is gone acording to some people. So Whatever the god of war did was bad, and It makes me think of the talk about Dark Souls 2's guys with the bloody tear masks, perhaps they are servants of someone wronged or killed in the conflict?

Perhaps this is all part of the natural progression? The god of war starting a war between gods, causing death and destruction causing the gods to fall from power, drawing the age of Dark  closer. And Gwyn classic bad guy style knew this was foretold and tries to prevent it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 am