Divine/occult and magic/enchanted

A_Swedish_Dude

Divine/occult and magic/enchanted

Post by A_Swedish_Dude on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:35 pm

I think that there is not very much distinction between divine and occult and between magic and enchanted. If they gave divine weapons some health regeneration, and occult a bit better damage, then there would be more of a difference between the two upgrades. If magic weapons perhaps gave a small boost to spell damage, and enchanted weapons did more damage, I think that would be cool. What do you think of my idea?

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: Divine/occult and magic/enchanted

Post by Zakkia on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:38 pm

Divine- can kill skeletons and ghosts, LESS scaling for divine.
    Occult- Does more scaling and higher damage, cannot kill skeletons or ghosts.

I love occult, divine just seems more for PvE those are the main differences between those two holy weapons. However im not familiar with the magic vs enchanted weapons so i wish i could help but i would need to do some experimentation. Hope i could at least give some insight.
    A_Swedish_Dude

Post by A_Swedish_Dude on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:40 pm

But not many areas require divine to kill skeletons, and only cursed weapons can kill ghosts, and the damage difference isn't a huge amount. Just my thoughts.

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:43 pm

Thats not true, Occult has A scaling with faith, Divine has C scaling, quite a difference for comparing the builds/weapon upgrades.
    A_Swedish_Dude

Post by A_Swedish_Dude on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:44 pm

You do have a point, but for certain weapons it's C for divine and B for occult, and for some it's B for divine and A for occult, but I understand where you're coming from.

Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:45 pm

Zakkia wrote:Thats not true, Occult has A scaling with faith, Divine has C scaling, quite a difference for comparing the builds/weapon upgrades.

devine gets a B and occult gets a A, not all of them though, only certain weapons get good scaling.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:52 pm

any weapon can kill the skeletons, but divine simply keeps the ones in catacombs from ressurecting, till you kill their pyromancer master ofcourse. And no, you can not kill ghosts with divine weapons without having trancient curse on. Also occult does not do more damage.. the scaling is better for faith but the base damage is lower. The only difference between divine/occult is how you prefer to play really. If you want to invade you need occult for its bonus against 'good' guys and the opposite for divine.
    A_Swedish_Dude

Post by A_Swedish_Dude on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:56 pm

Robotech wrote:If you want to invade you need occult for its bonus against 'good' guys and the opposite for divine.
    Has that been proven or is it just speculation? I personally doubt that it is true.

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:04 pm

A_Swedish_Dude wrote:
    Robotech wrote:If you want to invade you need occult for its bonus against 'good' guys and the opposite for divine.
    Has that been proven or is it just speculation? I personally doubt that it is true.

i havent tested it myself but that's what all the wiki's say so i guess where there is smoke there must be fire. But if this is not true then why have 2 upgrade paths for faith weapons if the only difference in damage is just the divine/occult bonus? so yes it makes sence to me, that the divine/occult bonus counts against certain foes only thus making the 2 upgrades logical.
    A_Swedish_Dude

Post by A_Swedish_Dude on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:27 pm

But if it is not the case, then I think my original idea sounds pretty reasonable, right?

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:03 pm

A_Swedish_Dude wrote:But if it is not the case, then I think my original idea sounds pretty reasonable, right?

you can hypotheticaly use many ways to make the 2 upgrade paths different, but for now i guess we have to live with the only diversification that the game offers which is the bonus against good/bad emenies
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:33 pm

honestly i think Occult is broken, the Server says
    "Imbued with powerful Occult magic which steals HP with each hit"
    However no other occult weapon does this, but it seems it Should. Plus, Demon's Souls has Dark Crescent which stole Mana, and the Meat Cleaver which stole HP. There is no upgrade path that does anything like this.

ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:39 pm

Yarxov wrote:honestly i think Occult is broken, the Server says
    "Imbued with powerful Occult magic which steals HP with each hit"
    However no other occult weapon does this, but it seems it Should. Plus, Demon's Souls has Dark Crescent which stole Mana, and the Meat Cleaver which stole HP. There is no upgrade path that does anything like this.

The Server has nothing to do with occult upgraded weapons. It's just a way to say that it has a Dark magic inside of it.

Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs

PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:46 pm

But why would they add an 'Occult' upgrade path after mentioning this? Seems like bad wording.

Rellim

Post by Rellim on Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:36 am

Yarxov wrote:But why would they add an 'Occult' upgrade path after mentioning this? Seems like bad wording.
    It's a Japanese game translated to English. All your base are belong to us.

Last edited by Rellim on Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : didn't realize the abbreviation was a slur until I noticed the "***".)
    somebody_else
    Casual
    Casual

Post by somebody_else on Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:00 am

Zakkia wrote:Thats not true, Occult has A scaling with faith, Divine has C scaling, quite a difference for comparing the builds/weapon upgrades.

you're forgetting one thing in your claim. scale factor is just one side of equation, base damage being other and base damage is higher for divine.

for example divine bastard sword has
    phys=177, mag=217, while factors are D(24),D(24),B(87)
    occult
    phys=187, mag=197, while factors are D(21),D(21),A(103)

at faith 99 (used 99 simply because 3rd factor is 1 at that level) this means
    magic damage
    (divine) 217*0.87=>217+188=405
    (occult) 197+1.03=>197+202=399
    A_Swedish_Dude

Post by A_Swedish_Dude on Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:41 pm

And with those damage numbers being so similar, that's why I believe that something should be done to differentiate divine and occult.

It seems nobody has really mentioned magic and enchanted. It would be impossible to have it like Demon's Souls because there is no mana for you to regenerate, so that's why I suggested a boost in magic adjustment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:45 am